Author Topic: Any other diets with similar health/mental benefits that ketosis offers?  (Read 1922 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
So I love the positive side effects of ketosis (mental clarity, more energy, better sleep, sexual/libido, clear skin etc) but I can stand eating all the meat and have a hard time staying on that for more than a couple months.

I'm wondering if there is another diet that offers these benefits. All I can think of is an almost all vegetable diet. But I'm not sure so I'm turning to the great minds of getbig.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
I don't know of any other diet that replicates the benefits offered by the ketogenic diet.
If you're looking for variety, you may consider carb-cycling, or the "anabolic diet," which utilizes carb-cycling. The idea is similar; priming the body to burn fat rather than carbs for fuel, and I know of several people who use carb-cycling for contest-prep.

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/anabolic-diet

Some folks reportedly experience some of the same benefits of ketosis (energy, mental clarity, fat loss, etc.) on the "paleo diet," which offers a bit more of a variety of foods and can be less structured than some diets of the type above.

http://thepaleodiet.com/about-the-paleo-diet/

Know that there are criticisms regarding the effectiveness and safety of these diets, particularly in using them longterm. Of course, you can find just as many studies that support their safety and effectiveness. Just use caution and common sense.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
So I love the positive side effects of ketosis (mental clarity, more energy, better sleep, sexual/libido, clear skin etc) but I can stand eating all the meat and have a hard time staying on that for more than a couple months.

I'm wondering if there is another diet that offers these benefits. All I can think of is an almost all vegetable diet. But I'm not sure so I'm turning to the great minds of getbig.

The keto dies is amazing in that respect!

My skin looks amazing within two or three days.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Fruit and vegetable based diet with moderate protein Portions of meat at meals. Either eat free range/grass fed meat, fish, or take some fish oil.  The benefits of focusing on fruits and vegetables are too numerous for words.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Fruit and vegetable based diet with moderate protein Portions of meat at meals. Either eat free range/grass fed meat, fish, or take some fish oil.  The benefits of focusing on fruits and vegetables are too numerous for words.

good advice here... i eat paleo most of the time but i focus on eating a lot of healthy fruit and vegetables...