Author Topic: imagine being born rich and never having to work  (Read 10424 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: imagine being born rich and never having to work
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
They are millionaires because they did something that drove them/motivated a lot, NOT because they were striving to become millionaires, at least not directly, in most cases. That's why most of you will never be ones, because you think that these people "work even when they are millionaires", well they does not work, they just have fun (in "leveling" at the millionaire club, or acquiring more power/respect/etc.. in some circles and so on..). ANd some are simply workaholics, they'll burn-out and crash one day..

I watched an interesting documentary a few years back on Charles Goodyear inventor of today's rubber. He was put in prison from debt collectors because of business's that failed. He was an eccentric who said something along the lines of he can't stop creating things that its a divine power that's pushing him. Really interesting stuff. If his rubber never came to be, he would have been looked at as a crazy man who failed. Such a fine line between genius and crazy.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2012, 06:39:38 PM »
having been with the same woman for 50 years, 48 of them in marriage. We are each still very independent.

Basically  you are just roommates.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2012, 06:51:28 PM »

Or the best of friends.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2012, 07:31:39 PM »
Lots of commy have nots in this thread.

Sure, without the material things you can still exist, but its those things that make life interesting.

P

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »

Sure, without the material things you can still exist, but its those things that make life interesting.

Shouldn't you be delivering boxes instead of posting. This is DHL's busy season, no?
T

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2012, 05:05:51 AM »
Or enemies who have agreed to a stand-down!
V

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2012, 05:07:33 AM »
imagine

good question for big ach.  he dabbles in "work" from time to time though.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2012, 07:26:09 AM »

Show what massive losers many people are in modern age.   People unwilling to learn any technology or business skills ever.  People who really do think the world owes them a living.  The worlkd was here first you wankers.   Men are not equal.   One man can prduce 100 time what another can. You deserve nothing for showing up.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »

Actually its the people that make it interesting but I understand your point. Now that shit has gone global, trying to keep up with the material aspect of things on a modest income is going to drive a lot of people bat shit crazy. Things are moving extremely fast.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2012, 01:40:12 PM »
Why imagine? It has been covered: this HBO documentary was made by one of the Johnson heirs (Band-Aids, etc.)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »
Or enemies who have agreed to a stand-down!

Nope. Amazingly, my wife and I are two independent people who have a huge amount of respect for each other and are still together because we love each other deeply and love being together. However, my mom and step dad were more like enemies who more or less agreed to stand-down. They were together for over 30 years until my stepfather died of lung cancer. Every relationship is different.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »
Nope. Amazingly, my wife and I are two independent people who have a huge amount of respect for each other and are still together because we love each other deeply and love being together. However, my mom and step dad were more like enemies who more or less agreed to stand-down. They were together for over 30 years until my stepfather died of lung cancer. Every relationship is different.
Always hard to tell what's going on with two people, my parents were married 43 years, and kept up a façade of being OK for years, but, the truth was, in the end, they fought all the time, resented one another deeply and no longer could stand the sight of each other, so they finally separated.  ironically, both my Mother and Fathers parents also separated after about 43 years of marriage.  It's great you find yourself in a good place after such a long marriage, kind of rare these days.
V

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2012, 07:23:04 PM »
Americans are funny people, they don't realize when they are happy and keep pursuing "things" thinking that will make them happy.  "Things" can't make a person happy.

Lead a simple life and buy things if you need them, not to impress somebody.  Work hard and be honest, the harder I work, the luckier I am.

I don't care what you make, or what you have, it can all be taken away.  Then what...

This holiday season, join me in serving food at a homeless shelter, help someone.  Bring your family with you, if you have one.  Don't be self centered.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
Americans are funny people, they don't realize when they are happy and keep pursuing "things" thinking that will make them happy.  "Things" can't make a person happy.

Lead a simple life and buy things if you need them, not to impress somebody.  Work hard and be honest, the harder I work, the luckier I am.

I don't care what you make, or what you have, it can all be taken away.  Then what...

This holiday season, join me in serving food at a homeless shelter, help someone.  Bring your family with you, if you have one.  Don't be self centered.

nice post man RESPECT

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »

hmmm... my car, my condo, my vacations all bring me more pleasure than serving food at a homeless shelter does. how about I write your charity a check and keep pursuing my materialistic ways?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2012, 11:30:47 PM »
good question for big ach.  he dabbles in "work" from time to time though.

hahaha, yes, whenever he gets board with his xbox, he does some "business" or cracks a textbook for a few minutes and feels like sisyphus himself.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »

Take note of all the fat, lazy fucks there. If you want to condone and encourage their lack of ambition and drive then by all means do it. Don't feel the need to drag others into such a futile exercise.
P

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »
hmmm... my car, my condo, my vacations all bring me more pleasure than serving food at a homeless shelter does. how about I write your charity a check and keep pursuing my materialistic ways?

Shallow.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2012, 11:51:32 PM »
Shallow.

tell me something i don't know. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2012, 11:59:17 PM »
tell me something i don't know. 

I would, but in truth I hardly know you. I am just responding to your posts. For all I know, you could be full of shit. Maybe you are actually someone's loving husband and a caring father to a little brood of munchkins who spends all his free time taking care of other people's needs. Could be your really not some shallow materialistic son-of-a-bitch homophobe who spends all his waking hours cataloging his possessions like some modern King Midas. Who really knows?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »
I would, but in truth I hardly know you. I am just responding to your posts. For all I know, you could be full of shit. Maybe you are actually someone's loving husband and a caring father to a little brood of munchkins who spends all his free time taking care of other people's needs. Could be your really not some shallow materialistic son-of-a-bitch homophobe who spends all his waking hours cataloging his possessions like some modern King Midas. Who really knows?

One thing we know, is that you like to play hide the sausage with Leroy and Jamal down at the pier.
P

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2012, 12:06:37 AM »
One thing we know, is that you like to play hide the sausage with Leroy and Jamal down at the pier.

And how is it you know this? Are you either Leroy or Jamal?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2012, 12:07:22 AM »

i am a son-of-a-bitch, but I'm not a homophobe. I also don't catalog my possessions. only poors and neurotics do that.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2012, 12:14:32 AM »
i am a son-of-a-bitch, but I'm not a homophobe. I also don't catalog my possessions. only poors and neurotics do that.

hmmm... my car, my condo, my vacations all bring me more pleasure
This seemed like a bit of a catalog to me. My mistake, I guess.

If you are truly not a homophobe, then I really don't understand your seeming obsession with whether other guys are gay or straight, but I am pleased to read that you are not one.