Author Topic: 90-minutes of one of my favorite old-school tag teams.....DEMOLITION!!!  (Read 5229 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Courtesy of Coliseum Video! Enjoy!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: 90-minutes of one of my favorite old-school tag teams.....DEMOLITION!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:47:31 AM »
It's funny at the time I thought of them as nothing but a Road Warriors rip-off, but both could wrestle circles around Hawk and Animal.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »
It's funny at the time I thought of them as nothing but a Road Warriors rip-off, but both could wrestle circles around Hawk and Animal.

I never quite thought of them as such. If any team were a rip-off of LOD, in my mind, it was the Powers of Pain. They were practical clones of Hawk and Animal, although Warlord and Barbarian were bigger.

I thought for sure they'd beat Demolition for the tag titles. But, once they turned heel (when Fuji became their manager; what happened to "The Baron"?) and Demolition turned face, it all went south for the Powers of Pain.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »
I elt the same way at first that they were WWF's creation of the LOD but after watching them, they grew on me. I think Demoltion Smash was Darsow's best work but felt Eadie was better as Masked Superstar.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 11:57:06 AM »
Alright... since Masked Superstar was brought up... here is something I have tried to find on youtube for a while now and couldn't.

There was an incident during a feud with Mr Wrestling II.  On television one Saturday it was the usual match with a run-in (forgot which one did the run in) but it ended with Masked Superstar putting II in his cobra hold and not releasing it until II was foaming out of his mouth.

I have tried to find that piece of history but it has eluded me.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »
Alright... since Masked Superstar was brought up... here is something I have tried to find on youtube for a while now and couldn't.

There was an incident during a feud with Mr Wrestling II.  On television one Saturday it was the usual match with a run-in (forgot which one did the run in) but it ended with Masked Superstar putting II in his cobra hold and not releasing it until II was foaming out of his mouth.

I have tried to find that piece of history but it has eluded me.

I remember that, but I've watched about all MS videos I can locate and can't find it.   MS is one of the most underrated workers ever.  Had everything.