Author Topic: Happy Birthday to the most powerful being to ever and will ever walk the  (Read 41735 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Happy Birthday to the most powerful being to ever and will ever walk the
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2013, 09:43:37 AM »
Keep R  E  A  C  H  I  N  G ahmed......R      E      A      C      H !!!!
There is no reaching. I find the story of God/Jesus no more believable, then the ancients and their stable of gods. You can't prove that Zeus did/does not exist.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2013, 10:02:52 AM »
There is no reaching. I find the story of God/Jesus no more believable, then the ancients and their stable of gods. You can't prove that Zeus did/does not exist.

Oh, the stories of the bible are incredible, but the difference between the gods of ancient Egypt, the mediterreanean mystery gods, gods of greek mythology or Allah is the real, tangible, indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers in Jesus Christ.   It affirms biblical scripture and has opened my eyes in new, wonderful ways.

Me, I enjoy study and research, but no amount of research, archeological evidence, philosophical discussion, etc....has impacted me like my interaction with the Holy Spirit.  That interaction is just awesome and available to all that are willing to accept that Christ died for our sins and that he is the only way to eternal life and forgiveness for sin.

The Holy Spirit takes the unbelievable and makes it personal, tangible and real in the lives of believers!  I pray that others can come to know Christ like I have....it's changed my life and I give him glory and praise for it because it's not about me, it's about him.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »
Amazing stories like Noah being raped by his son?

Amazing stories if I Recall was it Jacob's wife being raped or sleeping with her son? I forget now but it pretty much says 'it happens' and then full stop no comment.

Amazing stories like David killing a man to sleep with his wife?

Amazing stories like Lot's daughter getting drunk night after night and fornicating with their father?

Amazing stories that command outright rape and pillaging?

Amazing stories like cutting the hand of a woman that gets 'in between two man fighting'

We don't have such stories in Islam as we believe that the prophets and messengers of God were sent as examples for mankind. Not these perverted stories.

Jesus would have called God, Eloh as he spoke Aramaic. Not Jehova. In fact, there is no J even in Hebrew. Jesus is not the name of Jesus (pbuh).

You make the 'unbelivable' because there is no such thing as the 'holy spirit' trinity and all that other jazz.

You circumvent around historical facts.

The trinity was formulated hundreds of years after Jesus (pbuh). Did you know the holy spirit was not even really thought much about until the 4th century?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »
Jay P. Green’s Classic Bible Dictionary says about the word trinity, "This is not itself a Biblical term, but was a term coined by Tertullian to refer to this whole concept under one word" (p. 483). The Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature says forthrightly, "Respecting the manner in which the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit make one G-d, the Scripture teaches nothing, since the subject is of such a nature as not to admit of its being explained to us" ("Trinity," p. 553).

This authority is not alone in its insight. Another explains that the whole notion of a Trinity emerged from heated disagreement and dispute: "The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies… The council of Nicaea in 325 stated the crucial formula for that doctrine in its confession that the ‘Son is of the same substance…as the Father,’ even though it said very little about the Holy Spirit…By the end of the 4th century…the doctrine of the Trinity took substantially the form it has maintained ever since" (Encyclopaedia Britannica, Trinity).

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »

Awesome recitation.

hey man of steel check this out, and compare it to the bible story.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2013, 03:57:35 PM »

Awesome recitation.

hey man of steel check this out, and compare it to the bible story.
Is it talking about a 4th son that did not go into the ark?

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »
Is it talking about a 4th son that did not go into the ark?

not sure if its the fourth or not, but its the son, who decided to go ontop the mountin and seek refuge thinking the mountin will save him from the comming flood, even though his father, prophet Noah told him not to.

did you watch the clip? how does it compare?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »

Ahmed check this out.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2013, 04:35:14 PM »
not sure if its the fourth or not, but its the son, who decided to go ontop the mountin and seek refuge thinking the mountin will save him from the comming flood, even though his father, prophet Noah told him not to.

did you watch the clip? how does it compare?
The Bible mentions 3 sons only but it does not mean he did not have more, other then that for the most part there is no difference, I like the account in the book of Jasher, I think the flood story there gives a better perception and I also believe the book of Jasher to be authentic.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
I am busy right now but I'll post some info on Noah relating to his sons from tafsir later inshAllah when I get the time. We do not reject the biblical accounts, there is just difference on minor details. For example noah being raped by his own son. We do not believe in that.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
I am busy right now but I'll post some info on Noah relating to his sons from tafsir later inshAllah when I get the time. We do not reject the biblical accounts, there is just difference on minor details. For example noah being raped by his own son. We do not believe in that.
Yes please post the differences cause I was under the impression that both accounts do not conflict

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2013, 04:21:50 AM »
Dear religious people.

I have a question.

Assuming they are mutually exclusive, which would you rank as more important, tradition or truth?

G

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2013, 08:04:16 AM »
Dear religious people.

I have a question.

Assuming they are mutually exclusive, which would you rank as more important, tradition or truth?

:)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2013, 09:25:26 AM »
Dear religious people.

I have a question.

Truth, but more specifically the truth of salvation in Christ.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2013, 09:41:10 AM »
Dear religious people.

I have a question.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
Now tell us your point carebear :-\

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »
Now tell us your point carebear :-\

he dosent have one man, he just likes to create a disturbance.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »
Dear religious people.

I have a question.

Look, I believe I have told you before that I am not, as you say, "religious".   There are truths aplenty in this world, both scientific and spiritual.
As before with you, I will ask you a question and perhaps you will favor me with a reply this time.

Which do you find to be more important to your way of life?  Making friends or making enemies?  Now before you get your atheist panites in a self inflicted wedgie, know that I can relate to not wanting to be friends with everyone.  I cannot abide the filth of Islam.  Oddly enough I can easily accept that someone would be an Atheist.  Atheism for the greater part does no harm.  In fact, most any religion does no harm to others.

It is people that do the harming. People. 

A great man once told me that the only thing worse than being an asshole is being a whole ass.  Islam is filled with the latter.  You are on your way to joining that elite group of morons.  Prove me wrong. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »
You guys do know you're wasting your time and effort arguing with people you cannot convince?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2013, 01:30:34 AM »
I think most religious people actually realize what they're saying isn't true.

But they're being rewarded for it from their groups so much that it doesn't much matter.
G

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2013, 04:54:34 AM »
I think most religious people actually realize what they're saying isn't true.

But they're being rewarded for it from their groups so much that it doesn't much matter.

Still refuse to answer simple questions?  What is wrong with you?  Afraid or just insecure?

Get over yourself.  There is always something bigger out there.  In your case it's your ego.   ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »
You guys do know you're wasting your time and effort arguing with people you cannot convince?

For me, I know others have not made a decision and I think of them when in these discussions.   Certainly I would love to see our resident atheists or muslims accepting Christ, but it simply isn't up to me.  I continue most conversations for the sake of others that aren't in the discussion.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »
For me, I know others have not made a decision and I think of them when in these discussions.   Certainly I would love to see our resident atheists or muslims accepting Christ, but it simply isn't up to me.  I continue most conversations for the sake of others that aren't in the discussion.

why? you want us muslims to go to hell?

no thanks I rather worship GOD without any partners I am a strict monotheist, not a polytheist.