Author Topic: Re-watching WSM Final 2011... great final  (Read 3784 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re-watching WSM Final 2011... great final
« on: December 25, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »

Stefano

• Getbig III
Re: Re-watching WSM Final 2011... great final
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »
Thanks. Its been a long time since i saw a wsm event. How long has savikas been competing. He s been a Around for a long time.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »
Thanks. Its been a long time since i saw a wsm event. How long has savikas been competing. He s been a Around for a long time.

long time... but there are some strong fucking young guys out there now... giants

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »

He's been around so long that you'd think he was an old dude, but he's only 37.

97 is when he really started to make a name for himself, and by 2002 he was one of the major dominators in international strongman.

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »
Yeah i thought he wa a lot older. Kudos to him for keeping it going all these years. Almost won it too.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »
Still not the same as in the 70s and 80s
X

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »
Met Magnus Samuelsson a couple of times. Really nice guy. Problem is he takes a stance thwt hes drug free. Did he change that stance later or maintain it?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 06:23:45 PM »
How fat can i get
A

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 06:29:48 PM »
How fat can i get

not fat enough to be that strong

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »
not fat enough to be that strong
LOL...thats for real, these guys are SUPER STRONG and then some, there Primary goal FIRST and Foremost is WINNING the WSM witch requires Strength/Power/Explosiveness not who looks "the best" the way and speed that Guy won the Atlas stones @ the end was Ridiculous and that last Stone was 200KG :o :o :o Incredible.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »
LOL...thats for real, these guys are SUPER STRONG and then some, there Primary goal FIRST and Foremost is WINNING the WSM witch requires Strength/Power/Explosiveness not who looks "the best" the way and speed that Guy won the Atlas stones @ the end was Ridiculous and that last Stone was 200KG :o :o :o Incredible.

sick to watch

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »
Makes my joints hurt just watching this stuff but entertaining.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »
Just watched it, cool thanks for posting.  8)

Makes my joints hurt just watching this stuff but entertaining.

Lol same here, my neck is hurting right now

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »
Awesome great white genetics! Shaw is a monster!

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 05:06:11 AM »
How do some of these guys not get a heartattack right there and then? Insane. BP has to be through the roof.

These events used to be big on tv back in the day. Then they seemed to disappear. Was always funny seeing Magnus mauling the other competitiors at the swedish events lol.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
How do some of these guys not get a heartattack right there and then? Insane. BP has to be through the roof.

These events used to be big on tv back in the day. Then they seemed to disappear. Was always funny seeing Magnus mauling the other competitiors at the swedish events lol.

was cool to see their heart rates in the truck pull

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »

No it doesn't.

I know plenty of really big guys with good cholesterol and BP numbers and plenty of really skinny people who have horrible numbers and just don't care. The thing is when  a big guy dies it gets a lot of attention, but when a "regular" person dies "it's just one of those things"... That said i'm quite sure that many of them have some issues, but keep them in check with medications.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »
No it doesn't.

I know plenty of really big guys with good cholesterol and BP numbers and plenty of really skinny people who have horrible numbers and just don't care. The thing is when  a big guy dies it gets a lot of attention, but when a "regular" person dies "it's just one of those things"... That said i'm quite sure that many of them have some issues, but keep them in check with medications.

Yes. But theres also  difference just doing lets a say a max DL. And walking with 1000 pounds on our back for 20+ seconds.. The extra stress on your heart maxing for so long I assume would be dangerous, especially 420 pound guys on a boatload of steroids and their face turning dark red.. But I don't recall anyone dropping dead on the spot. So I guess its worse then it looks. Then again Im no doctor and Im just assuming.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 10:15:22 AM »
Yes you are right on many things but those guys are the very top, they have trained for years and years and have conditioned themselves for this. In track and field/cross country skiing etc. they have 100 lbs people with heart rates in 200's (during the event) and then you have 300-400 lbs guys pulling a truck with heart rates of 150. So many of these guys are def. built and conditioned for this. As for steroids, i know for a fact that many PL's and strongmen use a lot less than the Olympia line up + they don't use many of the exotics that really take their toll. As for the most dangerous drug usage, i'm fairly sure it's by endurance athletes that try to pass the test's by using very weird compounds AND the very top bodybuilders.

WSM looks "worse" than it is.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 01:35:06 PM »
Yes you are right on many things but those guys are the very top, they have trained for years and years and have conditioned themselves for this. In track and field/cross country skiing etc. they have 100 lbs people with heart rates in 200's (during the event) and then you have 300-400 lbs guys pulling a truck with heart rates of 150. So many of these guys are def. built and conditioned for this. As for steroids, i know for a fact that many PL's and strongmen use a lot less than the Olympia line up + they don't use many of the exotics that really take their toll. As for the most dangerous drug usage, i'm fairly sure it's by endurance athletes that try to pass the test's by using very weird compounds AND the very top bodybuilders.

WSM looks "worse" than it is.

i agree in terms of PEDs... they do not need anything beyond the basics (still horseshit but not as bad in terms of long term effects)