Author Topic: If you could live in another time period....  (Read 14348 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: If you could live in another time period....
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
I would travel back to dates of infamous getbig events like Chick room 7 mirage ice machine, Tom Prince brown bag, etc and report back which ones are true and which are made up.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2012, 07:52:09 AM »
Why is it when people time travel in movies they always end up in a  different part of the world as well?  Wouldn't you just change time but still be in the same spot?  yet people end up in old england, or somewhere in germany or shit like that.  it is time travel, not transport.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »
Why is it when people time travel in movies they always end up in a  different part of the world as well?  Wouldn't you just change time but still be in the same spot?  yet people end up in old england, or somewhere in germany or shit like that.  it is time travel, not transport.
lol, good point  :D

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »

Queue pedantic "explanation": "Ahh, but you see, the earth rotates and so one "appears" on a different spot: the spot that was under their feet at the time when the earth was there."

Then queue pedantic "objection": "Ahh, but then what happens if you just "appear" inside Mount Everest? And don't you also have to take into account earth's position in the solar system so that you don't appear in the middle of interstellar space?"

Then queue the more pedantic "answer": "Duh! That is dealt with by using the Laforge-Scott compensator! Everyone knows that. You are just showing the depths of your ignorance! In episode 18 of season 4, this is clearly explained by Captain Laforge before he takes the Enterprise through a temporal inversion in an attempt to prevent the Borg Continuum from exterminating humanity by castrating Captain Kirk!"

Again, an "objection": "What? Come on... that's totally not cannon. The events in 'ALFBTSP' have been shown to be non-cannon. Besides, Laforge says that the compensator would require 445 Jibajabs of Exoteron radiation and we know from episode 16 that the warp engines can only produce 440!"

And on and on and on...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2012, 05:30:43 AM »
To go anywhere backwards in time would suck big time, you think it wouldn't but it would. Imagine a world without internet cell phone, video games. Not a big deal right?

Let's go back further....How about No tv no phones or airplanes? .... even further imagine horse and bugy....

How about sharing the container of water everyone in the village gathers from and only showering once a week. How about mandatory battlefield laws, I mean not mandatory military training, I mean you have to fight in one battle minimum.

How about being forced to watch Public executions; eyes get poked out, ears ripped off, hands and feet cut off, how about watching someone get a poll shoved up their ass till it came out their mouth. how about watching children aged 6-10 get buried alive.

Let's go back even further when you had to hunt your own food and people ate humans just as much as they ate animals.

No thanks, I like it right here just fine. :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2012, 05:37:40 AM »
To go anywhere backwards in time would suck big time, you think it wouldn't but it would. Imagine a world without internet cell phone, video games. Not a big deal right?

Let's go back further....How about No tv no phones or airplanes? .... even further imagine horse and bugy....

How about sharing the container of water everyone in the village gathers from and only showering once a week. How about mandatory battlefield laws, I mean not mandatory military training, I mean you have to fight in one battle minimum.

How about being forced to watch Public executions; eyes get poked out, ears ripped off, hands and feet cut off, how about watching someone get a poll shoved up their ass till it came out their mouth. how about watching children aged 6-10 get buried alive.

Let's go back even further when you had to hunt your own food and people ate humans just as much as they ate animals.

fuck sake man...what sort of films do you watch ?? ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2012, 05:53:08 AM »
Probably the history channel.  I saw some gruesome stuff when I watched Henry the 8th "The Tudors".  I felt sick in my stomach when he had two men executed, it was so gross and would have been an incredibly painful death. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2012, 05:55:32 AM »
Probably the history channel.  I saw some gruesome stuff when I watched Henry the 8th "The Tudors".  I felt sick in my stomach when he had two men executed, it was so gross and would have been an incredibly painful death. 
yes i watched that series too..was good. They did not fuck around in them days...

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2012, 05:58:55 AM »
yes i watched that series too..was good. They did not fuck around in them days...
Yeah it was really good.  I was sorry to see the series finish actually. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2012, 06:03:07 AM »
I study history, have done so for 15 years, more specifically ancient warfare. But yes historical films are the bomb, I don't miss any of them, love them. King Arthur is my favorite

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2012, 06:08:32 AM »
I study history, have done so for 15 years, more specifically ancient warfare. But yes historical films are the bomb, I don't miss any of them, love them. King Arthur is my favorite
check out what happend to Sir William Wallace.. :( remember as a kid going to Wallace monument in stirling and we used to use plastic trays(used to carry Bread) and we would slide down the stairs. Itīs spiral on the way down..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »
check out what happend to Sir William Wallace.. :( remember as a kid going to Wallace monument in stirling and we used to use plastic trays(used to carry Bread) and we would slide down the stairs. Itīs spiral on the way down..
Brave heart is a good movie. In real though warriors where monsters, 7 footers with behemoth strength. Tactical fighters on the battle field where smaller.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2012, 06:11:36 AM »
 ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »
Brave heart is a good movie. In real though warriors where monsters, 7 footers with behemoth strength. Tactical fighters on the battle field where smaller.
if you are ever in scotland go to Wallace monument and see his sword...itīs big. You held it with 2 hands..do not think he was a small man..lol

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2012, 06:20:48 AM »
if you are ever in scotland go to Wallace monument and see his sword...itīs big. You held it with 2 hands..do not think he was a small man..lol
Yes that is what I am saying, these objects these men carried where monstrous and took some serious power to swing. William was a beast 7 footer and probably 400lb. Wow, I would love to go there bro. Did you go there and see it?, very interesting.

Scotland is definitely one place on my list 'to go places'

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2012, 06:24:50 AM »
1st crusade

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2012, 06:26:03 AM »
Yes that is what I am saying, these objects these men carried where monstrous and took some serious power to swing. William was a beast 7 footer and probably 400lb. Wow, I would love to go there bro. Did you go there and see it?, very interesting.

I grew up there. Stirling has great History. Stirling Castle too, still the HQ of the Argyll and Southern Highlanders.. although they merged into the "Royal Regiment of Scotland" very sad because i believe they have now only some for ceremonial purposes. Bannockburn is near Stirling another famouse Battle site.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »
I'd love to go back to the crusades, either around 1100 or around the 9th Crusade at 1270 if i could bring one item/vehicle.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:54 AM »

And heaps bad medicine.  Whether you're some putz or a lucky born, one good scratch and they're at you with a hacksaw. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

That's why these guys are legendary.  They don't dominate being 5'1", guys like Gengis Khan were animals.  They are abnormal beasts.  Now guys like Napolean and Hitler were little shits and let others do the fighting for them.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »
My eyesight is so poor, I would be dead inside a week if I chose to live in an era that I find both romantic and adventurous in nature.  What I need is a time machine to take me forward so that I can get my eyes fixed properly.  Current methods are not up to that task.

All that aside, I would only go back in time if I could remain aware of history.  I would definitely require a "babelfish" for this as I speak only English. 

AHAHAH I was thinking the exact same thing as I also wear glasses!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
Woody Allen had the best answer to time travel, he said he'd only want to go as far back after the invention of penicillin

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2012, 09:02:40 AM »
AHAHAH I was thinking the exact same thing as I also wear glasses!
True

And heaps bad medicine.  Whether you're some putz or a lucky born, one good scratch and they're at you with a hacksaw. 
Ya that would suck.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »

You really think William Wallace was 7 feet tall, and weighed 400 pounds?  You retarded?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2012, 02:05:02 PM »

You really think William Wallace was 7ft tall.....?