Author Topic: Finally got my truck on the road today. Beast!  (Read 16807 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Finally got my truck on the road today. Beast!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »
serious project, wow looks great. 8)

travisma

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »

Hey Tony, When I come round for another coffee will the car be there? that way you can take me for spin?

Travis

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »
So after 4 years and total rebuild, here it is. Former stock C10 Chev.
Running a Lexus V8 with twin turbos and twin superchargers.

Airbagged, chopped, hand rolled guards, body etc.

All beaten copper and brass throughout.

Finally got to drive it, sounds nuts.

The last shot is what it looked like before.

What is your opinion of the Mooslims?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 06:41:28 PM »
"Running a Lexus V8 with twin turbos and twin superchargers."

Turbos AND Supercharging??

Cool looking rig. Should be a blast. :)
a

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
There are kids starving in Chicago. Americans ::)

Tony
is Australian
you fuckin
imbecile

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
Luv ur gyms but that truck is fucked up. Turned a classic in to a classic piece of shit

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »
Very nice wood work and I can see a lot of dedication!

One thing, when slammed the metal hits the ground. Aren't you worried about scratches? Perhaps you should raise it a few mm's. Any pictures of the driving height -  is the first picture it?

What's the weight and have you done some dyno pulls with it? What kind of fuel will you run with it? e85?

I would be interested to see the rwhp and tq numbers.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 09:01:34 PM »
"Running a Lexus V8 with twin turbos and twin superchargers."

Turbos AND Supercharging??

Cool looking rig. Should be a blast. :)
yes that has been done but some tuners don't like that setup. Apparently both systems rob from each other. Many prefer pure turbo or a big supercharger.
The theory is the supercharger provides instant power in the lower rpms and the turbo kicks in for the higher rpms. This is supposed to alleviate the lagging issues with big turbos spooling up. For a setup like this it is also recommended to go with a smaller blower (supercharger) to make it more effective.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 09:18:02 PM »
yes that has been done but some tuners don't like that setup. Apparently both systems rob from each other. Many prefer pure turbo or a big supercharger.
The theory is the supercharger provides instant power in the lower rpms and the turbo kicks in for the higher rpms. This is supposed to alleviate the lagging issues with big turbos spooling up. For a setup like this it is also recommended to go with a smaller blower (supercharger) to make it more effective.

It was done by Lancia with the monstrous S4, racing in Group B. Nissan also made the Micra Superturbo and VW made twincharging popular recently with its TSi engines.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 09:19:27 PM »
It's a street show off thing really. It has been tried on track but it's never been particularly effective, especially as most race cars operate within a fairly narrow RPM band.

NO ABSENCE OF MUSCLE

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 09:40:40 PM »
Tony, the German Cross symbol is highly offensive and provactive.

My Grandfather fought the Germans in WWII, defending this country from the evil scourge....and it is people like you who now glorify this evil dynasty by plastering this insidious graphic over everything.

You do it because you think it makes you appear powerful and dominant....fucking pathetic and insensitive to those who died for your fucking freedom!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 09:56:48 PM »

My Grandfather fought the Germans in WWII, defending this country from the evil scourge....and it is people like you who now glorify this evil dynasty by plastering this insidious graphic over everything.

You do it because you think it makes you appear powerful and dominant....fucking pathetic and insensitive to those who died for your fucking freedom!
I'm pretty sure he just ripped off the old West Coast Choppers logo dude...

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
not my taste, but looks great  8)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 10:02:55 PM »

Interesting. Thanks.

I don't recall ever seeing a Hot Rod with both forms of boost.
a

NO ABSENCE OF MUSCLE

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 10:05:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure he just ripped off the old West Coast Choppers logo dude...

It's not the point!

He continues to trade off this symbol...totally inappropriate, offensive and insensitive.

If you had a loved one who died fighting this German scourge (under that banner) then maybe you would feel differently!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »
Looks Great, Lots of jealous Bitches in this thread!
V

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
German Cross working nicely IMO.
a

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »

You are a moron. The only reason people like your grandfather fought the Germans was to help move forward the complete abdication of the white man. Your grandfather was a peon in the hands of the elite that have been striving for well over a century now to bring the white race to extinction. Millions of young white men and women died in the second world war and it was completely avoidable. A defeated Germany was bombed mercilessly in 1945. In Dresden close to 500,000 were killed with accounts of mothers running in the streets with their hair on fire, children in the arms. The official story is 20,000 were killed which is an outright lie.

Go sit down and think how you and your grandfather have been duped. Don't be stupid for the rest of your life.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 10:11:12 PM »
It's not the point!

He continues to trade off this symbol...totally inappropriate, offensive and insensitive.

If you had a loved one who died fighting this German scourge (under that banner) then maybe you would feel differently!

You do know it was also a Prussian symbol and it is still the symbol of the Bundeswehr?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »
It's not the point!

my grandfather broke his spine fighting the Germans in France you dimwit.

NO ABSENCE OF MUSCLE

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
You are a moron. The only reason people like your grandfather fought the Germans was to help move forward the complete abdication of the white man. Your grandfather was a peon in the hands of the elite that have been striving for well over a century now to bring the white race to extinction. Millions of young white men and women died in the second world war and it was completely avoidable. A defeated Germany was bombed mercilessly in 1945. In Dresden close to 500,000 were killed with accounts of mothers running in the streets with their hair on fire, children in the arms. The official story is 20,000 were killed which is an outright lie.

Go sit down and think how you and your grandfather have been duped. Don't be stupid for the rest of your life.

You are an ignoramaus.... and who is responsible for brainwashing you?  

What history books are you reading?  

It says a lot about you and the volatile position that you occupy.  I find your stance to be immoral, offensive. Furthermore, it is the height gullibility to believe WWII was about 'moving forward the complete abdication of the white man'.

How dare you diminish, mock and undermine what my Grandfather and millions of others fought for.  You fucking disrespectful shit stain...now get the fuck out of this thread you fucking insipid, arrogant dick rider!

NO ABSENCE OF MUSCLE

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 10:25:45 PM »
my grandfather broke his spine fighting the Germans in France you dimwit.

are mocking what my Grandfather and millions of others fought for?  Yes you are. 

You fucking piece of shit troll...

go troll another thread cum stain.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
Mid life crisis of peace.
P

NO ABSENCE OF MUSCLE

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
It sickens me to think we have people on here who flagrantly and arrogantly paste this offensive symbol over everything. 

I have family members who died in the trenches fighting this hideous scourge. 

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:02 PM »
are mocking what my Grandfather and millions of others fought for?  Yes you are. 

You fucking piece of shit troll...

go troll another thread cum stain.

Troll? Your the last one to call ANYONE a troll.