Author Topic: What's the point of spending a lot of money on super powerful cars?  (Read 10077 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: What's the point of spending a lot of money on super powerful cars?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
I have big muscles and a big dick when some fat fuck drives around town in a exotic car with a hot girl you know i am fucking her in the bathroom.
living the dream

having big muscles and a big dick must be a great life

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
When you have more money than you know what to do with, you end up wasting large amounts on bullshit.

That's the thing, you need credit to get a car, not money. I could lease a 50k Mercedes for $500 a month. woo woo I could do that on a 40,000 salary. Unless you have lots and lots of money you really have no business buying something for over $50k that depreciates in value. It's just foolish. It's one thing to spend $50K on an investment that will actually make money, but not a car.

I just looked at a local dealers website. They have a new qx56 for 75k. Then they got a used one with a premium package with 46,000 miles for 20k.. Holy fucking shit.

I would be willing to bet the majority of people driving 50k cars are in serious debt. People that are good with money and investments know not to waste money on an expensive car. There are only 235,000 millionairs in the USA last year. So even if you make a million a year, a 100k car is still a major expense.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
I agree, cars are the wort investment (regarding deterioration, maintainance costs,...) you can make.

Buy a large boat or RV and get back to us with that.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »
Quote from: HockeyFightFan link=topic=453237.msg6513914#msg6513914 date=1356i709399
Because they can.

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.
You're so wise and superior.
G

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »

A man with a gun is super tough, that's all I know.

Tell me what model you bought and I'm about to get super impressed.

Not every man can walk in a store and buy a gun. Takes a special kind of breed.

??? ???
Irony alert.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »
I am not a car guy so i dont get it, but if a car can bring you from point A to point B,what does it matter if it cost 15K or 250K?

I guess you have to be into cars, which I am not, to understand.
X

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »

You forgot handsome and wealthy.

And witty.

And charismatic.

And superior to you. Nope, on second look you included that one.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 10:42:52 AM »
I am not a car guy so i dont get it, but if a car can bring you from point A to point B,what does it matter if it cost 15K or 250K?

go test drive a Nissan Sentra, then go test drive a Nissan 370Z,
Then you'll understand.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »
metalic codpiece
c

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »

I love motorcycles. I have an ever growing collection. This winter I'm doing a rebuild of an '97 yamaha 600. I bought it for $500. I need to completely strip it off the frame, and rebuild the motor, put all new plastics on it..etc.. After its all done I'll spend maybe $2,000.

That to me is being a motorcycle guy. My buddy has put a down payment on a new BMW bike for 17k that comes with a 5year loan. He justifies it by saying hes a motorcycle guy. I say no your not your just some asshole that's making a bank rich.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »
go test drive a Nissan Sentra, then go test drive a Nissan 370Z,
Then you'll understand.

I have driven cars similar to a car like that (they were not my car). Again, no difference. Does not matter to me.
X

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
i always felt that your vehicles should be about ten % of your net worth and your watches and jewellry shouldn't exceed one percent

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »
There's only one man on this earth who can utter a legitimate answer...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
I have driven cars similar to a car like that (they were not my car). Again, no difference. Does not matter to me.
what! There is a diff, the handling, the feeling, the sound. You like them big tiggo chicks, right? Now, if someone said that there was no difference between them and a chick with none, you'd scratch your head.
Now, if the person said, "big breasted women have back problems, can't run, and when they get older, the boobs sag badly. Then he gave legit reasons, or that he's not into big boobs.
I can see someone not being into fast cars, or expensive cars, or even cars in general.
But, they tend to have reasons. Most guys/women that I know who are into cars, are either into them due to the mechanical side of it, the design side---aesthetics, or the driving aspect side.

Due to the fact that driving or cars are considered one of our very few personal spaces, cars take up a lot of our time and energy. From the Japanese kei vans, to expensive luxobarges. They represent a personal side of human beings.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »
I have big muscles and a big dick when some fat fuck drives around town in a exotic car with a hot girl you know i am fucking her in the bathroom.

Good post! No car can un-fat you. A good body is the best investment you can make.

NN

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »
fast cars give you a feeling that no woman can fulfill.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »
fast cars give you a feeling that no woman can fulfill.

A car must be VERY fast to give you that rush. Is it worth it?

NN

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »
A car must be VERY fast to give you that rush. Is it worth it?

NN

depends how much red meat you eat and what your test levels are like. for me its worth it.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »
If you have one of these for the power and or extreme handling you quickly realize how rarely you get to use it.
Just as previously stated, there are speed limits and traffic congestion that prevent you from using even a 1/3 of the available power most of the time.
So you end up driving it maybe 1000 miles a year. So now you have a vehicle in your garage that you barely drive, and have a second car that you end up driving 90% of the time. Now this isn't an issue provided you have 2 things:

1. a garage big enough to keep your toy and still serve as a garage for your household needs.
2. enough income that you can afford to have a large chunk of money tied up in something that you rarely use.

Now if you have one of these because you like the attention,  I would not even attempt to reason with you or explain things logically. You are an attention whore with emotional issues and you can't reason with emotions.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 12:50:55 PM »
I really don't get why people cream in their pants and spend huge sums of money for cars that have 300+ HP.  Pakis buying M5 sedans, of chicks driving the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

There is NO POINT to these cars.  Driving in the city or freeway, you are subjected to traffic and speed limits.  It's not like you can drive 200 mph anywhere but a race track.  Most any car is fine for around the town.  Sure it's  a status symbol, but really cars are status symbols for douchebags.

It would be the most frustrating thing driving a super fast car and trolling along at 10 mph in rush hour traffic or being stuck behind slow drivers all the time.  I would be a ticking time bomb that once I see open road I'd hit top speed then either crash and die or get pulled over and lose my license.
First of all a car enthusiast would not be caught in traffic with their cars most of the time. You drive them on nice days and not during peak hours. Real car enthusiasts hold on to their car for decades. That takes a lot of dedication and care. The car grows / ages with you and you share history with it (Gran Torino). And yes you can have fun with them even staying within the speed limit. Life is short so enjoy whatever floats your boat. Speaking of boats I know a guy that spent over 15 years restoring a boat before he was even able to take it on water. Part of the fun for him was the restoration process - in his case he preferred doing that instead of wasting his money on beers in a bar.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »
There's only one man on this earth who can utter a legitimate answer...

lmao!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 01:14:12 PM »
I really don't get why people cream in their pants and spend huge sums of money for cars that have 300+ HP.  Pakis buying M5 sedans, of chicks driving the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

There is NO POINT to these cars.  Driving in the city or freeway, you are subjected to traffic and speed limits.  It's not like you can drive 200 mph anywhere but a race track.  Most any car is fine for around the town.  Sure it's  a status symbol, but really cars are status symbols for douchebags.

It would be the most frustrating thing driving a super fast car and trolling along at 10 mph in rush hour traffic or being stuck behind slow drivers all the time.  I would be a ticking time bomb that once I see open road I'd hit top speed then either crash and die or get pulled over and lose my license.
impress other people, dominate, ridiculate them, cause it makes you feel better about yourself. Cause nothing else does.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »
Plenty of people who'd jump right away into a luxury-fast car if given a chance, trying to reason why they "would not like to have one" in this thread. Quite an attempt to "justify" an UNability to own one of these, nothing more. I've yet to find a person who had a luxury-fast car and who'd say "A simple wehicle, that carries me from point A to poing B is what I want." lol.. Just fukkin admit that you can't afford these so you don't even dare to dream about 'em. While if you'd drive some of the current fast/expensive cars for a while you wouldn't ever look back (life is one - luxury stuff is luxury for a reason, usualy). Speed limits.. lol..
 One can live a life in a fukkin cave, warm themselves by burning wood and find food by gathering plants/hunting rabbits and wash their clothes in a river near by, and ride a horse, of course..

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
This, exactly this.
Driving high performance cars on the open road is a feeling like no other. If you're concerned about speed limits then it's not for you.

at least in the USA there's not such thing as open roads without fucking cops all over the place.  99% of the time you aren't on open roads but on normal streets and congested freeways.  "driving" a fast car 30 miles and hour sucks ass.  That's my poing.