Author Topic: What's the point of spending a lot of money on super powerful cars?  (Read 10116 times)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: What's the point of spending a lot of money on super powerful cars?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2012, 05:48:18 AM »
This is ironic. I actually work on these ( Audi's)  every day. Driven the new S8 many times , as well as the S6,S7, RS5, A8 W12, etc... Believe me, after a while the mystique wears off and it just becomes another car to you. Except for the old '03  RS6 that car is special, absolute automotive perfection.
my friend had a 03 rs6 holy shit what a masterpiece of car. it was brutal

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 05:51:22 AM »
I really don't get why people cream in their pants and spend huge sums of money for cars that have 300+ HP.  Pakis buying M5 sedans, of chicks driving the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

There is NO POINT to these cars.  Driving in the city or freeway, you are subjected to traffic and speed limits.  It's not like you can drive 200 mph anywhere but a race track.  Most any car is fine for around the town.  Sure it's  a status symbol, but really cars are status symbols for douchebags.

It would be the most frustrating thing driving a super fast car and trolling along at 10 mph in rush hour traffic or being stuck behind slow drivers all the time.  I would be a ticking time bomb that once I see open road I'd hit top speed then either crash and die or get pulled over and lose my license.

It only makes sense to men with a 3" ( or shorter ) penis.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2012, 06:15:44 AM »
It only makes sense to men with a 3" ( or shorter ) penis.
lol typical poor man answer.....if i could afford a nice sportscar i would buy it, my brother always has one nice sportscar but never let me loan them...i hate him.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »
If i had an expensive sportscar, i would drive around town and invite home plenty o' random people around 4 am just to "record some hiphop".

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2012, 07:30:42 AM »
I don't need to believe anything, I've been driving various good cars for quite some time too (a8 currently, one generation older tho'). It does NOT wear off, at least not for me. It's very good feeling to drive a luxury car everytime.. In the longer trip one appreciates that especially (or when you want to kick down the pedal to the metal.. It's a nice rush every time..). It's not like the first time you get to drive one of these after you've been driving some kind of a cheap wehicle, but it's still very nice. I'm sure you know the feeling when you have to drive some kind of a lower class car after the good one.. It's a day and night.

You have no idea how many people are driving that generation A8 that have absolutely no business driving one. That is an $80,000 car that you can pick up used for $15,000 depending on the year and milage. People buy them and then when shit breaks can't afford to fix it. Car slammed to the floor because the air suspension is leaking, MMI system dead, trunk won't close, etc., the car turns into a complete piece of shit.
Unless the person is making at least $200,000 a year they should not be driving one. People don't realize that they are not going have to pay to maintain a $15000 car but an $80,000 one.

But yes, they are very nice when they are taken care of. Problem is way too many wannabee's turn them into piles of shit.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »
my friend had a 03 rs6 holy shit what a masterpiece of car. it was brutal

Yes, you know exactly what I am talking about.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2012, 07:41:58 AM »
You have no idea how many people are driving that generation A8 that have absolutely no business driving one. That is an $80,000 car that you can pick up used for $15,000 depending on the year and milage. People buy them and then when shit breaks can't afford to fix it. Car slammed to the floor because the air suspension is leaking, MMI system dead, trunk won't close, etc., the car turns into a complete piece of shit.
Unless the person is making at least $200,000 a year they should not be driving one. People don't realize that they are not going have to pay to maintain a $15000 car but an $80,000 one.

But yes, they are very nice when they are taken care of. Problem is way too many wannabee's turn them into piles of shit.

Holly hell.. my trunk actually fucked up this winter somewhy.. If it's + it works perfect, if it starts to get freezing, even just a little bit - it's over, shit doesn't work and it's not "sucked in" by that mechanism inside. Maybe you have any idea what's the case with this stuff?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2012, 07:54:03 AM »
Yes, you know exactly what I am talking about.
yes!!!!, he bought it 2008 from a dealer, came 2 miles before the engine broke down lol, cost a fortune to replace it but damn after that, it was brutal. no other car i driven comes close to it, esp here in the north of sweden in the winter. im kinda dissapointed in the latest a8 models, looks just like a a4 if you dont know your cars. A7 is nice tough. my brother had a 99 S8 with manuell gearbox, was a cool car to but nothing like the rs6

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
Holly hell.. my trunk actually fucked up this winter somewhy.. If it's + it works perfect, if it starts to get freezing, even just a little bit - it's over, shit doesn't work and it's not "sucked in" by that mechanism inside. Maybe you have any idea what's the case with this stuff?

Trunk motor and/or the hinges, both have issues. There is a TSB for replacing the trunk stops at the bottom of the trunk lid, and while that is the cheapest solution it rarely fixes anything.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2012, 07:57:56 AM »
If i had an expensive sportscar, i would drive around town and invite home plenty o' random people around 4 am just to "record some hiphop".
lol

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »
yes!!!!, he bought it 2008 from a dealer, came 2 miles before the engine broke down lol, cost a fortune to replace it but damn after that, it was brutal. no other car i driven comes close to it, esp here in the north of sweden in the winter. im kinda dissapointed in the latest a8 models, looks just like a a4 if you dont know your cars. A7 is nice tough. my brother had a 99 S8 with manuell gearbox, was a cool car to but nothing like the rs6

That is exactly what just about everyone said when we first saw the new A8. It's not as bad now after I got used it, but at first and especially from the rear, it was hard to tell the difference. 

The RS6 is extremely expensive to maintain. While those cars were still eligible for extended warranties just about every single company refused to cover them. But if you have the money, that car is remarkable.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2012, 08:09:30 AM »
It is very frustrating having an overpowered car which you cannot floor except occasionally.

I bought a mercedes cls 55 amg a few years back. Supposed to hit 60mph in 4.5 seconds.  If you floored it you would just spin the wheels and the traction control would cut in.  Total frustration like fuckin without bein able to reach climax.

I traded it for a cls 350 with half the power. Still can hit  60mph in 6.5 seconds but you can actually redline it without getting into  a massive wheelspin or cutting out with the traction control kicking in.

Many cars these days are too powerful to be fun.

You could turn off the traction control?  No?  They call it "ESP" (electronics stabilization program). I remember there was a switch you can hit to turn it off and have some fun?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »
I really don't get why people cream in their pants and spend huge sums of money for cars that have 300+ HP.  Pakis buying M5 sedans, of chicks driving the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

There is NO POINT to these cars.  Driving in the city or freeway, you are subjected to traffic and speed limits.  It's not like you can drive 200 mph anywhere but a race track.  Most any car is fine for around the town.  Sure it's  a status symbol, but really cars are status symbols for douchebags.

It would be the most frustrating thing driving a super fast car and trolling along at 10 mph in rush hour traffic or being stuck behind slow drivers all the time.  I would be a ticking time bomb that once I see open road I'd hit top speed then either crash and die or get pulled over and lose my license.

Reason?  The possible reasons I could imagine for purchasing these cars is to (A) show off, (B) as a status symbol and because (C) you like fancy toys, even if you can't truly take advantage of it's full capabilities.

Functionality wise..  You will get the same job done with a Toyota Prius and save yourself a small fortune in the long run by opting for it as well.

It's just as comparable to the argument made regarding expensive watches.  A watch isn't a piece of jewelry, it is meant to allow you to read time. If you wanted a sparkly item around your wrist, simply buy a bracelet, as you'll find that a rubber, digital Casio watch will last you longer than any Rolex and will cost you pennies in comparison.

Supercar vs Prius: In heavy traffic, neither car will get you to your destination any faster, you will simply stand out more when riding a fancy car and that's IF you don't already ride behind tinted windows.  If hidden behind tinted windows, you will be just as noticed and cared for as the back passenger of a hearse.

I take public transportation.

"1"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »
This is ironic. I actually work on these ( Audi's)  every day. Driven the new S8 many times , as well as the S6,S7, RS5, A8 W12, etc... Believe me, after a while the mystique wears off and it just becomes another car to you. Except for the old '03  RS6 that car is special, absolute automotive perfection.
That RS6 sure is a nice car.  :o

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2012, 08:29:12 AM »

What about quality?  are you guys who are against expensive cars saying...

A Honda civic is the same quality as a Mercedes E-Class?????

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2012, 08:30:13 AM »
This Audi A-8 is the best one.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2012, 08:31:12 AM »
Best Car I have ever owned as a Daily Driver was a 1959 Cadillac Coupe De Ville.  No crappy Audi comes close to it and they never will either.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
The A6 never shared anything with the Jetta or any VW for that matter.Never shared any powertrains either at least not in the US market. The Phaeton was stupid idea that was scrapped very quickly. The car cost as much as the A8 even though the Phaeton had a steel frame instead of the all aluminum in the A8.

Nice try though.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »
I really don't get why people cream in their pants and spend huge sums of money for cars that have 300+ HP.  Pakis buying M5 sedans, of chicks driving the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

There is NO POINT to these cars.  Driving in the city or freeway, you are subjected to traffic and speed limits.  It's not like you can drive 200 mph anywhere but a race track.  Most any car is fine for around the town.  Sure it's  a status symbol, but really cars are status symbols for douchebags.

It would be the most frustrating thing driving a super fast car and trolling along at 10 mph in rush hour traffic or being stuck behind slow drivers all the time.  I would be a ticking time bomb that once I see open road I'd hit top speed then either crash and die or get pulled over and lose my license.

If you have insecurity issues over a small penis it can help you compensate psychologically.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2012, 09:29:27 AM »
If you have insecurity issues over a small penis it can help you compensate psychologically.

Why can't you just have something nice without having to make some weird association?  Nothing wrong with having nice things, as long as you're not an asshole/braggart about it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »
The A6 never shared anything with the Jetta or any VW for that matter.Never shared any powertrains either at least not in the US market. The Phaeton was stupid idea that was scrapped very quickly. The car cost as much as the A8 even though the Phaeton had a steel frame instead of the all aluminum in the A8.

Nice try though.
???

I thought I was posting Audis?  They sure look the same.  Oh well.  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 09:32:11 AM »
What about this silver Audi with the racing package and wheels?  This has to be a good one.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »
Here is another Silver Audi that has nice seats.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 09:34:49 AM »
This Gunmetal Audi probably could do a good 125 easily.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »
Trunk motor and/or the hinges, both have issues. There is a TSB for replacing the trunk stops at the bottom of the trunk lid, and while that is the cheapest solution it rarely fixes anything.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. The main factor seems to be - cold weather somewhy.. really annoying. In cases like this I'd like it's be ore ärchaic lol (a simple*slam* and it's closed).