Author Topic: Oliver Stone: America is an Orwellian State under O-Choom  (Read 1065 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Oliver Stone: America is an Orwellian State under O-Choom
« on: December 29, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »
http://rt.com/news/oliver-stone-us-orwellian-022

Americans are living in an Orwellian state argue Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone and historian Peter Kuznick, as they sit down with RT to discuss US foreign policy and the Obama administration’s disregard for the rule of law.

­Both argue that Obama is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and that people have forgiven him a lot because of the “nightmare of the Bush presidency that preceded him.”

“He has taken all the Bush changes he basically put them into the establishment, he has codified them,” Stone told RT. “It is an Orwellian state. It might not be oppressive on the surface, but there is no place to hide. Some part of you is going to end up in the database somewhere.”

According to Kuznick, American citizens live in a fish tank where their government intercepts more than 1.7 billion messages a day. “That is email, telephone calls, other forms of communication.”

RT’s Abby Martin in the program Breaking the Set discusses the Showtime film series and book titled The Untold History of the United States co-authored by Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Oliver Stone: America is an Orwellian State under O-Choom
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »

Americans are living in an Orwellian state argue Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone and historian Peter Kuznick, as they sit down with RT to discuss US foreign policy and the Obama administration’s disregard for the rule of law.

­Both argue that Obama is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and that people have forgiven him a lot because of the “nightmare of the Bush presidency that preceded him.”

“He has taken all the Bush changes he basically put them into the establishment, he has codified them,” Stone told RT. “It is an Orwellian state. It might not be oppressive on the surface, but there is no place to hide. Some part of you is going to end up in the database somewhere.”

According to Kuznick, American citizens live in a fish tank where their government intercepts more than 1.7 billion messages a day. “That is email, telephone calls, other forms of communication.”

RT’s Abby Martin in the program Breaking the Set discusses the Showtime film series and book titled The Untold History of the United States co-authored by Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick.

Oliver Stone was probably high on mushrooms at the time of the interview

Of course our resident probably has no problem with the fact that Stone has probably fried his brain on drugs and is more liberal/commie/whatever than almost anyone on the planet,  as long as what he is saying is anti-Obama

“I’m like Willie Nelson,” he says, eyes twinkling. “I believe the grass is God’s gift. California makes the best in the world now. When I was a kid, it was Vietnamese, it was Thai, Jamaican for a while. All my life I’ve been doing it, off and on. I can stop marijuana. I can [go without it] for weeks and weeks. I’m not addicted, but I enjoy it. I also enjoy alcohol.”As for heavy drugs: “Cocaine, I stay away from. But I believe in LSD, mescaline, mushrooms, ayahuasca. You ever heard of ayahuasca? It’s a very strong juice that comes from the rubber trees. Ecstasy is great, too.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oliver-stone-drugs-obama-savages-336423

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »
Owned

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 01:22:30 PM »
owned on almost everything he posts  :D :D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 02:20:59 PM »
Oliver Stone was probably high on mushrooms at the time of the interview

Of course our resident dunce probably has no problem with the fact that Stone has probably fried his brain on drugs and is more liberal/commie/whatever than almost anyone on the planet,  as long as what he is saying is anti-Obama

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oliver-stone-drugs-obama-savages-336423

Nice bitchslap thats gonna leave a mark.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 05:38:33 PM »

“He has taken all the Bush changes he basically put them into the establishment, he has codified them,” Stone told RT. “It is an Orwellian state. It might not be oppressive on the surface, but there is no place to hide. Some part of you is going to end up in the database somewhere.

Epic downplay.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:10:45 AM »
 ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »
What?  Another thread backfire?  AGAIN????????????????