Author Topic: Russian Dash cam catches plane crashing into highway  (Read 10577 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Russian Dash cam catches plane crashing into highway
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »
hahahahah!

Glad someone knows what I'm talking about!!!  ;D

I have more confidence in Baloo.
Launchpad never had a crash landing that he couldn't walk away from. And even Sher Khan had confidence in Baloo.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
Tailspin... Wow, that takes me back.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
"Brakes fail is currently suspected to have caused the crash. Pilot error of course can't be excluded either at this point."

The plane crashed because the brakes failed?
a

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
Launchpad never had a crash landing that he couldn't walk away from. And even Sher Khan had confidence in Baloo.

haha, good point

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »
rescue rangers, Duck Tails (Whoo-ooo), Darkwing Duck, Tarzan, Gargoyles. Disney had the who afternoon sewed up.
And then came the dreaded Anime, the downfall of American Afternoon Cartoons.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »
rescue rangers, Duck Tails (Whoo-ooo), Darkwing Duck, Tarzan, Gargoyles. Disney had the who afternoon sewed up.
Lol, agreed. I remember all of those cartoons. And yes, the whole anime kids cartoon craze was stupid, those things are retarded.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »

My little cousin was at my house, and I realized the stuff they watch sucks.

We had the old school Nickelodeon, GI Joes, the old Loony Tunes, Are you afraid of the Dark?, Pete and Pete, Tail Spin, Duck Tales, David the Gnome, Hey Dude, So Weird, Maya the Bee, Snorks, Angry Beavers.

Today kids watch fucking Yo Gabba Gabba and some computer animated garbage called the Back Yardigans.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 01:05:44 PM »
hahahahah!

Glad someone knows what I'm talking about!!!  ;D

I have more confidence in Baloo.

Fuck yeah, flown many times in Cape Suzette with that bear.

Side note. Worst flight I've been on was from St Maarten to St Barths, they cut the engine and drop into the runway because its so short.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »
Fuck yeah, flown many times in Cape Suzette with that bear.

Side note. Worst flight I've been on was from St Maarten to St Barths, they cut the engine and drop into the runway because its so short.

I saw a show about that yesterday on the History Channel!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
Lol, agreed. I remember all of those cartoons. And yes, the whole anime kids cartoon craze was stupid, those things are retarded.
Spikey haired, Big Eyed Mofos with Carebear ass "super-powers", always talking about "I think I can", and fighting with lame ass card-animals.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »
Spikey haired, Big Eyed Mofos with Carebear ass "super-powers", always talking about "I think I can", and fighting lame ass card-animals.
Not to mention the stupid ass frozen character - moving/flashing background shtick.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »
Not to mention the stupid ass frozen character - moving/flashing background shtick.
ah, "speed lines".

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »
"Brakes fail is currently suspected to have caused the crash. Pilot error of course can't be excluded either at this point."

The plane crashed because the brakes failed?

Oh, the first resident expert on aviation pops up  :D
Plane didn't drop from sky  ::)

"A preliminary investigation has found that the pilots attempted to use all of the Tu-204’s brake systems while landing and were unable to prevent the plane from sliding through a barrier and onto a nearby highway, tA preliminary investigation has found that the pilots attempted to use all of the Tu-204’s brake systems while landing and were unable to prevent the plane from sliding through a barrier and onto a nearby highway..."

""After landing the pilot uses all the available brake systems on the plane, but for some reason the machine did not stop," a member of the investigation team told the Interfax new agency."

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »
"Oh, the first resident expert on aviation pops up 
Plane didn't drop from sky "

Comedy gold.   If what you posted is valid, than the pilots came in way too fast and way too far down the runway. It's called piolot error, not "failing brakes".

"Yes Dad, I crashed the plane because the brakes failed."
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 02:41:02 PM »
Thurst reservers/vectoring could be involved but that plane didn't crash because the brakes failed.
a

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 02:55:17 PM »

OK.
It's an honor that talent like you chose to spend your time here on internet instead of making a career in aerospace industry  ;D
Hope the investigation team reads your contribution on this thread.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 02:19:37 AM »
"Oh, the first resident expert on aviation pops up 
Plane didn't drop from sky "

Comedy gold.   If what you posted is valid, than the pilots came in way too fast and way too far down the runway. It's called piolot error, not "failing brakes".

"Yes Dad, I crashed the plane because the brakes failed."
Lol...I love that pic.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 05:39:05 AM »
31 December 2012 | Issue 5045,The Moscow Times.

The Interstate Aviation Committee announced Monday that the Red Wings plane crash that occurred on Saturday at Vnukovo Airport was not caused by the airport's runway.

According to the committee, the runway was checked immediately after the crash, and the traction coefficient measurement satisfied all requirements for the given type of aircraft, RIA-Novosti reported.

"The chairman of the Interstate Aviation Committee's technical commission on the Tu-204 RA-64047 crash at Vnukovo has reported that a visual inspection of the runway was carried out an hour and 20 minutes before the incident," the committee said in a statement.

The preliminary cause of the crash is reported to be pilot error, though the committee is still looking into other possible causes, including adverse weather conditions and technical malfunctions.

Five people were killed in the accident, which occurred Saturday morning when the plane overshot the runway on arrival and caught fire. Three more people remain in hospital in stable but serious condition.

Read more: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/investigators-vnukovo-plane-crash-not-caused-by-runway/473784.html#ixzz2GdWTNwEE
The Moscow Times
a

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2012, 07:12:38 AM »
31 December 2012 | Issue 5045,The Moscow Times.

The Interstate Aviation Committee announced Monday that the Red Wings plane crash that occurred on Saturday at Vnukovo Airport was not caused by the airport's runway.

According to the committee, the runway was checked immediately after the crash, and the traction coefficient measurement satisfied all requirements for the given type of aircraft, RIA-Novosti reported.

"The chairman of the Interstate Aviation Committee's technical commission on the Tu-204 RA-64047 crash at Vnukovo has reported that a visual inspection of the runway was carried out an hour and 20 minutes before the incident," the committee said in a statement.

The preliminary cause of the crash is reported to be pilot error, though the committee is still looking into other possible causes, including adverse weather conditions and technical malfunctions.

Five people were killed in the accident, which occurred Saturday morning when the plane overshot the runway on arrival and caught fire. Three more people remain in hospital in stable but serious condition.

Read more: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/investigators-vnukovo-plane-crash-not-caused-by-runway/473784.html#ixzz2GdWTNwEE
The Moscow Times

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 07:47:10 AM »
Looks like a case for Barnaby Jones to investigate.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 08:00:32 AM »
who was the better pilot Baloo The Bear or Launchpad McQuack?
lol, hahhaahha Baloo, I loved that show, Talespin

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 08:09:56 AM »
Nothing beats drakwing duck, nothing  :)

Don`t forget gooftroops, but even older ones like ``my pet monster``gummy bears and astroboy.

Anime was not the same but I loved the Dragon ball series, I watched every episode Dragon ball, Dragon ball Z, and Dragon ball gt, over 500 episodes, nothing beats Vageta`s character.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 08:42:15 AM »
I'll say it again....America got some of the Best Fucking Pilots on earth......that's a fucking fact......and we have one of the best safety records in Aviation besides Autralia and the NTSB is the best fucking Organization on the Globe.....Fuck yeah

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »
What's the crash record of USA major airlines vs the world?  I wouldn't touch a flight in Russia, Africa, China or South America via one of their airlines.  

it depends, the US fly domestically more than most countries, with thousand and thousand of flights daily.......the last major airline disaster in the US was that America airline Filght 587 which took off from JFK and crash shortly in Queens I think with 268 people on board. all Killed..that was in November 2001, just two months after september 11. the cause of the crash was determined as Pilot error...and the model airplane was an Airbus....hahahahahah