Author Topic: Highest Firearms Murder Rate States - 14 of 15 have GOP Governors & lax gun laws  (Read 2458 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Lanza was supposed to be a free market, conservative libertarian type and Loughner shot a Democratic congressperson.   What was the political leaning of the shooter at the Sihk temple.

what else do all theses shooters have in common?

Supposed to be? Based on what, other than the left's near-orgasmic hope (every time this happens) that the guy is a right-winged conservative?

Loughner did shoot a Democratic congresswoman. So what? His best friend and ex-girlfriends told the press that he was hardly a conservative. This was, of course, after the media tried to pin this disaster on Palin and Limbaugh

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Typical brain dead neotard who cant see the blatant facts right in front of his face.

find a way to stop white males from using guns to execute a bunch of innocent people in a matter of minutes and you'll stop all talk of the need for more gun control.

Typical brain dead liberal, who can't see facts and common sense in front of his face.

Mass murders are only a problem when white people commit them, because that's the only way libs can exploit tragedies to push their agenda. When black people shoot up each other or other races of people, it doesn't count.

And what law is going to keep people from stealing other people's legally-obtaine weapons (ala Lanza) and murdering people again?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Supposed to be? Based on what, other than the left's near-orgasmic hope (every time this happens) that the guy is a right-winged conservative?

Loughner did shoot a Democratic congresswoman. So what? His best friend and ex-girlfriends told the press that he was hardly a conservative. This was, of course, after the media tried to pin this disaster on Palin and Limbaugh

just a guy who was a close friend of Lanza's mother and had met Lanza on several occasions (according to NBC)

Adam Lanza also was “an organic vegan” with a conservative worldview, he said.
“He was actually politically aware for a teenager,” he said. “… He was always very free-market economics and capitalism, as I think most people are in this country.”

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Typical brain dead liberal, who can't see facts and common sense in front of his face.

Mass murders are only a problem when white people commit them, because that's the only way libs can exploit tragedies to push their agenda. When black people shoot up each other or other races of people, it doesn't count.

And what law is going to keep people from stealing other people's legally-obtaine weapons (ala Lanza) and murdering people again?

feel free to show me that some other race and gender commits more mass murder using guns than white men

Anyone can see that it's these incidents that get the public and politicians riled up about gun control

tonymctones

• Getbig V
feel free to show me that some other race and gender commits more mass murder using guns than white men

Anyone can see that it's these incidents that get the public and politicians riled up about gun control
it gets emotional morons riled up, Ill give you that...

so again its not total body count, its the amount of ppl killed at one time thats important...brilliant!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

EXACTLY!! These incidents get the public and politicians riled up about gun control, because the left (aided by the media) exploit them to push their gun control agenda.

Black men commit them on a regular basis. They're called STREET GANGS. Ever heard of drive-by shootings?

But, since the left can't make political hay out of black folk killing each other, the media gets mushed mouth about it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
it gets emotional morons riled up, Ill give you that...

so again its not total body count, its the amount of ppl killed at one time thats important...brilliant!!!

And, it's about white people killing folks. That's the MAJOR reason the Trayvon Martin case got all the press. Of course, when evidence shows that Martin may have indeed assaulted Zimmerman first (coupled with the fact that Zimmerman is HISPANIC), the narrative of an evil white guy, shooting a poor black kid getting Skittles for his daddy's girlfriend's son, falls flat.

Black people shoot each other; WHO CARES? Latinos shoot each other or shoot blacks; WHO CARES?

White people shoot (fill in the blank).........TAKE THEM GUNS!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
EXACTLY!! These incidents get the public and politicians riled up about gun control, because the left (aided by the media) exploit them to push their gun control agenda.

Black men commit them on a regular basis. They're called STREET GANGS. Ever heard of drive-by shootings?

But, since the left can't make political hay out of black folk killing each other, the media gets mushed mouth about it.

both black and white men commit gun violence on a regular basis and there are many people who have cited these incidents as a reason for some additional forms of gun regulation ( and the lack of regulation in some states is utterly astounding)

the reason the public pays attention is because they are horrified when they see a person (who almost always happens to be a white male) executing mass numbers of people in a matter of minutes and if you think it's only THE LEFT that are horrified by these things then you are simply not paying attention

Let me know the next time Fox News fails to cover one of these events

Shit, even a majority of NRA members want some additional regulations and I suspect that they tend to be more to the right on the political spectrum

tonymctones

• Getbig V
both black and white men commit gun violence on a regular basis and there are many people who have cited these incidents as a reason for some additional forms of gun regulation ( and the lack of regulation in some states is utterly astounding)

the reason the public pays attention is because they are horrified when they see a person (who almost always happens to be a white male) executing mass numbers of people in a matter of minutes and if you think it's only THE LEFT that are horrified by these things then you are simply not paying attention

Let me know the next time Fox News fails to cover one of these events

Shit, even a majority of NRA members want some additional regulations and I suspect that they tend to be more to the right on the political spectrum
black men commit gun violence at a much much greater rate then white men and you know thats a fact.

so again emotional morons getting riled up b/c mass killings take place once and a while but they dont care at all about the 99.9% of other gun violence that happens on a daily basis?

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
black men commit gun violence at a much much greater rate then white men and you know thats a fact.

so again emotional morons getting riled up b/c mass killings take place once and a while but they dont care at all about the 99.9% of other gun violence that happens on a daily basis?

BRILLIANT!!!!!

I don't know about MUCH greater but if you ever bothered to post a link when you make a claim I might actually consider your statements more seriously

You seem to not be aware of a trend in this country that has gone on for about 250 years or so that the public doesn't get as upset when a black person kills another black person or even when a black person is the victim of a crime

I congratulate you on your feeling that the public should be more aware and concerned about that black men commit gun violence

It seems that you're in favor of more gun regulation to prevent more gun violence by black men (and I guess to a lesser extent by everyone else)

What kind of regulation to you have in mind   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't know about MUCH greater but if you ever bothered to post a link when you make a claim I might actually consider your statements more seriously

You seem to not be aware of a trend in this country that has gone on for about 250 years or so that the public doesn't get as upset when a black person kills another black person or even when a black person is the victim of a crime

I congratulate you on your feeling that the public should be more aware and concerned about that black men commit gun violence

It seems that you're in favor of more gun regulation to prevent more gun violence by black men (and I guess to a lesser extent by everyone else)

What kind of regulation to you have in mind   
LOL youre the one that asserted that white and black men commit gun homocides on a regular basis. cite your source and you will see much much greater % from the black men...

hahah on the contrary, I do that to point out the idiocy of the emotional morons that want gun legislation in response to one or two sociopaths going off.

It also serves to highlight the grand idiocy in their stance as we can see that stronger gun legislation has no effect on murder.

I.E. Chicago....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL youre the one that asserted that white and black men commit gun homocides on a regular basis. cite your source and you will see much much greater % from the black men...

hahah on the contrary, I do that to point out the idiocy of the emotional morons that want gun legislation in response to one or two sociopaths going off.

It also serves to highlight the grand idiocy in their stance as we can see that stronger gun legislation has no effect on murder.

I.E. Chicago....

black and white men both commit gun violence on a regular basis

do you dispute that statement

tonymctones

• Getbig V
black and white men both commit gun violence on a regular basis

do you dispute that statement
define regular?

do you dispute that black men commit gun violence on a much greater scale than white men?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
define regular?

do you dispute that black men commit gun violence on a much greater scale than white men?

daily

I  can't agree with your second claim because you offer no proof whatsoever and you've provided absolutely no context or comparison of what "much greater" is

why don't you EVER post some sources when you make claims

tonymctones

• Getbig V
daily

I  can't agree with your second claim because you offer no proof whatsoever and you've provided absolutely no context or comparison of what "much greater" is

why don't you EVER post some sources when you make claims
LOL post your proof and it will also show you mine...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
no surprises here

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL post your proof and it will also show you mine...

you asked me what my definition of regular was and I told you DAILY

how exactly I am supposed to show you proof of my opinion of the word regular

from now on if you make a claim (for example your claim that "black men commit gun violence on a much greater scale than white men") without source and context I will just assume you're just spit balling and have no proof or even any basic knowledge of what you're talking about

tonymctones

• Getbig V
you asked me what my definition of regular was and I told you DAILY

how exactly I am supposed to show you proof of my opinion of the word regular

from now on if you make a claim (for example your claim that "black men commit gun violence on a much greater scale than white men") without source and context I will just assume you're just spit balling and have no proof or even any basic knowledge of what you're talking about
you claimed that black and white men commit gun violence on a daily basis, now please follow your own rule and post proof.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
you claimed that black and white men commit gun violence on a daily basis, now please follow your own rule and post proof.

just so I'm clear

you're disputing that both black and white men commit gun violence every day in this country?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
just so I'm clear

you're disputing that both black and white men commit gun violence every day in this country?
not disputing it, Im not agreeing to it either.

So please post your proof

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
not disputing it, Im not agreeing to it either.

So please post your proof

do you agree that gun violence happens daily in this country or do you neither agree or disagree with that as well

tonymctones

• Getbig V
absolutely I do

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
absolutely I do

so the only part you're not sure about is that it is committed (in part) by both black and white men

you think perhaps it's only one race and not the other ?(of course we're ignoring woman of all races along with non- adults)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/gunviolence/factsethnicity

In 2007, the firearm death rate for African-Americans was 21.5 firearm deaths per 100,000 population. The second and third highest firearm death rates were among Whites (9.4), and American-Indian/Alaska Natives (9.0) (National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC)).

African-American children and teens are almost five times as likely as their white peers to be killed by firearms (11.30 per 100,000 African-American youth vs. 2.31 per 100,000 white youth) (NCIPC)).

African-American males ages 15 to 19 are almost 5 times as likely as their white peers and more than twice as likely as their Hispanic or American-Indian/Alaska Native peers to be killed by firearms (Children's Defense Fund, p. 16, 2009).

In 2008, in addition to fatalities, 30,984 African-Americans were treated for firearm injuries in emergency rooms, followed with 19,338 Whites, and 16,903 Hispanics (other categories not detailed; rates not available) (NCIPC).

Id say that twice the amount of deaths is much greater especially as we already know the population make up % they have

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/gunviolence/factsethnicity

In 2007, the firearm death rate for African-Americans was 21.5 firearm deaths per 100,000 population. The second and third highest firearm death rates were among Whites (9.4), and American-Indian/Alaska Natives (9.0) (National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC)).

African-American children and teens are almost five times as likely as their white peers to be killed by firearms (11.30 per 100,000 African-American youth vs. 2.31 per 100,000 white youth) (NCIPC)).

African-American males ages 15 to 19 are almost 5 times as likely as their white peers and more than twice as likely as their Hispanic or American-Indian/Alaska Native peers to be killed by firearms (Children's Defense Fund, p. 16, 2009).

In 2008, in addition to fatalities, 30,984 African-Americans were treated for firearm injuries in emergency rooms, followed with 19,338 Whites, and 16,903 Hispanics (other categories not detailed; rates not available) (NCIPC).

Id say that twice the amount of deaths is much greater especially as we already know the population make up % they have

amazing

you finally figured out to post a link supporting your position

I can see now why you think that gun violence by blacks is so important and a truly valid reason to support more legislation limiting access to guns and gun equipment

I also agree with you that it a shame the media doesn't focus on this as a reason for more gun legislation