Author Topic: Foreign libtards Calling for knife ban, still not addressing the problem...  (Read 2255 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
coming soon to the US im sure  ::)

Couldn't agree more, 24% of British Teenagers have been shown to carry knifes.  This would prevent thousands of deaths, and maimings. 

Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

A&E doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.

The researchers said a short pointed knife may cause a substantial superficial wound if used in an assault - but is unlikely to penetrate to inner organs.

In contrast, a pointed long blade pierces the body like "cutting into a ripe melon".

The use of knives is particularly worrying amongst adolescents, say the researchers, reporting that 24% of 16-year-olds have been shown to carry weapons, primarily knives.

The study found links between easy access to domestic knives and violent assault are long established.

French laws in the 17th century decreed that the tips of table and street knives be ground smooth.

A century later, forks and blunt-ended table knives were introduced in the UK in an effort to reduce injuries during arguments in public eating houses.

The researchers say legislation to ban the sale of long pointed knives would be a key step in the fight against violent crime.

"The Home Office is looking for ways to reduce knife crime.

"We suggest that banning the sale of long pointed knives is a sensible and practical measure that would have this effect."

Government response

Home Office spokesperson said there were already extensive restrictions in place to control the sale and possession of knives.

"The law already prohibits the possession of offensive weapons in a public place, and the possession of knives in public without good reason or lawful authority, with the exception of a folding pocket knife with a blade not exceeding three inches.

"Offensive weapons are defined as any weapon designed or adapted to cause injury, or intended by the person possessing them to do so.

"An individual has to demonstrate that he had good reason to possess a knife, for example for fishing, other sporting purposes or as part of his profession (e.g. a chef) in a public place.

"The manufacture, sale and importation of 17 bladed, pointed and other offensive weapons have been banned, in addition to flick knives and gravity knives."

A spokesperson for the Association of Chief Police Officers said: "ACPO supports any move to reduce the number of knife related incidents, however, it is important to consider the practicalities of enforcing such changes."

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Still with the "addressing the problem"...  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
yay...lets ban guns that will stop these ppl...

hey you know that states with looser commitment laws have 1/3 the homocide rate as those without?

guns are the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
yay...lets ban guns that will stop these ppl...

hey you know that states with looser commitment laws have 1/3 the homocide rate as those without?
Where did you read this? I think you probably misunderstood what you read.

guns are the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

"!!!!!!!!!11" LOL  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
"!!!!!!!!!11" LOL 
nice post there champ...

i posted it in another thread you probably missed it since it gave viewpoints that counter yours and was backed up with facts....

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
nice post there champ...
Thanks. I'm always worried about getting my message across if I use fewer than 20 exclamation points.

i posted it in another thread you probably missed it since it gave viewpoints that counter yours and was backed up with facts....

Please post link again or at least say what thread it is in. I suspect something is off there.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Man Al you're having some serious quoting issues today.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
coming soon to the US im sure  ::)

haha... thanks, I was afraid no one would see this!!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Man Al you're having some serious quoting issues today.

LOL... fixed. Was looking at on phone.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
haha... thanks, I was afraid no one would see this!!
haha no I saw it, I figured Id quote you on the politics board since emotional brainiacs think that guns are whats causing the problem and stricter gun laws will some how fix the issue with ppl wanting to kill others

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Foreign libtards Calling for knife ban, still not addressing the problem...
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »
haha no I saw it, I figured Id quote you on the politics board since emotional brainiacs think that guns are whats causing the problem and stricter gun laws will some how fix the issue with ppl wanting to kill others

Imagine how butt hurt they'll be with us when their government won't allow them to have sharp knifes, and our second amendment still stands strong!  8)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 11:39:08 AM »

I don't think the predominant claim has bee that gun control will "fix the issue". What has been claimed is that certain precautions will make it harder to carry out sprees.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »

Haven't you heard

Tony has solved the problem of gun violence in America (shit probably the human race)

His "solution" is to "subtract the crazy people"

We're still waiting for the details on how he proposes to actually do that

Next up with be his solution to end world hunger but "subtracting hungry people"

Stay tuned for updates and get ready to notify the media

Lets do a little math shall we?

your idea of the problem

Crazy ppl + Guns = Mass Murder

Your Solution = Subtract guns

Crazy ppl + Bombs, knifes, cars, airplane etc = Mass Murder

My idea of the problem

Crazy ppl + Guns, bombs, knifes, cars, airplanes etc = Mass Murder

My solution = Subtract crazy ppl

Guns, bombs, knifes, cars, airplanes etc = NO MASS MURDER!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »
I don't think the predominant claim has bee that gun control will "fix the issue". What has been claimed is that certain precautions will make it harder to carry out sprees.

and lessen the number of dead and injured

this has only been said about a hundred times on this board in the past few weeks but somehow certain people either keep forgetting it or just can't understand that simple concept

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
Haven't you heard

Tony has solved the problem of gun violence in America (shit probably the human race)

His "solution" is to "subtract the crazy people"

We're still waiting for the details on how he proposes to actually do that

Next up with be his solution to end world hunger but "subtracting hungry people"

Stay tuned for updates and get ready to notify the media

hahah ahhh i already told you maybe you missed it there.

More public awareness and education for educators, parents the general public in regards to mental health. The symptoms to look for, the treatment options available and how and where to get treatment.

Stronger commitment laws, as we already know that states with laws that allow for commiting mentally unstable ppl for treatment cuts the homocide rate by 1/3

Seeeeee, subtract crazy ppl....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 11:45:28 AM »
what precautions Al?

and lessen the number of dead and injured

this has only been said about a hundred times on this board in the past few weeks but somehow certain people either keep forgetting it or just can't understand that simple concept
and its only been asked 101 times, what laws would have prevented these things from happening?

nobody has answered this...

still waiting

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
hahah ahhh i already told you maybe you missed it there.

More public awareness and education for educators, parents the general public in regards to mental health. The symptoms to look for, the treatment options available and how and where to get treatment.

Stronger commitment laws, as we already know that states with laws that allow for commiting mentally unstable ppl for treatment cuts the homocide rate by 1/3

Seeeeee, subtract crazy ppl....

LOL

that's such brilliant solution

I'm sure all those very basic generalizations will certainly do the job to "subtract crazy" people

your work is done here

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »
LOL

that's such brilliant solution

I'm sure all those very basic generalizations will certainly do the job to "subtract crazy" people

your work is done here

hahah so you dont think that addressing the mental illnesses that these mass killers have is going to help at all?

you dont think that allowing family members to institutionalize ppl who exhibit mental illness and are deemed to be a threat to themselves and others would help?

LOL no, guns are the problem...banning high cap mags will solve this...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 11:55:23 AM »
hahah so you dont think that addressing the mental illnesses that these mass killers have is going to help at all?

you dont think that allowing family members to institutionalize ppl who exhibit mental illness and are deemed to be a threat to themselves and others would help?

LOL no, guns are the problem...banning high cap mags will solve this...

for the 101th time

no one has ever said banning high capacity mags will "solve" the problem

why is it that you keep forgetting this even though it's been told to you over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »

for the 101th time

no one has ever said banning high capacity mags will "solve" the problem

why is it that you keep forgetting this even though it's been told to you over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ?
I see so youre not worried about solving the problem?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
what precautions Al?
and its only been asked 101 times, what laws would have prevented these things from happening?

nobody has answered this...

still waiting

McTones, I have actually posted a response to this a few times. Here is one of the responses I posted about a week ago:

Why do you keep repeating this? Is your point that there are things that can be deadlier than guns? 
Following the world trade attacks, anything that could be remotely used as a weapon was banned on a plane, anyone who had the faintest ties to anything middle eastern was flagged and everyone had to go through tedious security checks. How do you figure this is attacking the problem at the source. That is more akin to stringent gun control than "addressing the problem".

But if you want to make the argument that steps were taken to "address the root of the problem", fine, I won't argue with you. Both steps were taken; preventative and reactionary. So, why so insistent that an either/or approach is the only option? From what we know, there's a possibility Lanza's spree was set off when he found out that his mother was considering committing him after he'd become too difficult to handle on her own. So, it looks like "addressing the root of the problem" was not the way to go in this situation. And who knows if there's any gun control policy that could have prevented it?  What  situations like this require is that we learn from them and prepare to do better in the future. No law or policy is enacted with the intention  that it will be 100% fool-proof and never violated. The intention is always to do the best in mitigating worst-case scenarios based on what we've seen happen in the past.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
I see so youre not worried about solving the problem?

Do you actually believe that your razor-sharp, infallible mental health policy would solve the problem 100%?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »
McTones, I have actually posted a response to this a few times. Here is one of the responses I posted about a week ago:

that wasnt a response to the question I asked.

What gun laws do you support and how would they help prevent this?

Im not saying it will eliminate anything, if someone is determined to kill others they will.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Do you actually believe that your razor-sharp, infallible mental health policy would solve the problem 100%?
absolutely not but it does address the problem at the root.

guns arent the problem there are millions of gun owners in this country and 99.9% of them arent running around shooting ppl.