Author Topic: Mandate to Raise Taxes  (Read 2805 times)

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Mandate to Raise Taxes
« on: December 30, 2012, 02:07:35 PM »
WTF do they mean by this?  How do politicians think that the general election translates to this saying?

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
Re: Mandate to Raise Taxes
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »
WTF do they mean by this?  How do politicians think that the general election translates to this saying?

obama has talked about raising taxes on the rich

obama was elected

1+1=2

make sense?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »
I vote republican, I hate welfare, I think I'm better than most, and I make pretty kick ass money. That said, if it meant that for the country to rebound, that I have to pay higher taxes for a FEW years, I'd be for it. I would pay as much as 40% if it meant that it would get the country back rolling. That said, none of this will happen, there will be a stay of execution and we'll keep goin further into debt and won't change anything. Sad really.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
I vote republican, I hate welfare, I think I'm better than most, and I make pretty kick ass money. That said, if it meant that for the country to rebound, that I have to pay higher taxes for a FEW years, I'd be for it. I would pay as much as 40% if it meant that it would get the country back rolling. That said, none of this will happen, there will be a stay of execution and we'll keep goin further into debt and won't change anything. Sad really.

very patriotic of you...

a true american should feel valued in sharing his earnings with his state

american'ts selfishly try to horde as much as they can

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
If the govt was willing to reform entitlements, tighten the requirements for welfare and food stamps, get rid of wasteful inefficient programs and agencies I would gladly pay more as well.

Until then they need to get their own shit in order before they start asking anyone else to pay more money.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »
very patriotic of you...

slow day bro? you havent been trolling much today

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 02:31:36 PM »
If the govt was willing to reform entitlements, tighten the requirements for welfare and food stamps, get rid of wasteful inefficient programs and agencies I would gladly pay more as well.

Until then they need to get their own shit in order before they start asking anyone else to pay more money.

Oh yeah, all that goes without saying. I could go on and on about wasteful government spending, as I am a contractor who works in heavy civil/government construction, and I have seen tens of thousands in waste, that was like literally throwing it away. I'm not talking a mistake and redoing something, but literally throwing shit away on road/construction projects. Now, I realize a bit that I am as to make the sums of money I do because I live in America, but it would be easier for everyone to clean up the gross overspending, than for one group to tow the line.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »
slow day bro? you havent been trolling much today

big workout... i'm on now for a bit though before bed... big day/night tomorrow

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
very patriotic of you...

The problem isn't sharing, we give all kinds of money to charity.  The problem is giving it to government which is inherently inefficient for redistribution.  Higher taxes enable big government, which impedes our right to govern ourselves.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »
The problem isn't sharing, we give all kinds of money to charity.  The problem is giving it to government which is inherently inefficient for redistribution.  Higher taxes enable big government, which impedes our right to govern ourselves.

'big government" "little government"

so simple

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 11:38:40 AM »

I agree with you too a certain extend but who do you think is BETTER than the government for redistribution?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:09 PM »
I agree with you too a certain extend but who do you think is BETTER than the government for redistribution?

conservatives like the trickle-down fairy tale...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »

No one

Supporting other peoples families can't be mandatory.  It should be something you do because you want to help.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »
No one

Supporting other peoples families can't be mandatory.  It should be something you do because you want to help.

So if the choice was yours the US should have stayed out of WW2?

You would not help east Germany after the wall fell?

You wont help victims of Sandy, Kathrine etc?

I understand how you are thinking its a "good" thought but nothing would ever be done that way.
The US would be a third world shithole with no coordination of efforts.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 03:50:21 PM »
who said they dont want coordination of efforts?

nice strawman, simply not wanting the govt to mandate something doesnt mean you dont want to do it.

Conservatives give more of their time and money to charity even given they make less. Its not that conservatives dont want to help its that conservatives dont want govt telling who they HAVE TO HELP!!!

its not govt place to do so

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »

are you genuinely confused by this ?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
are you genuinely confused by this ?

Why ask?  You're clearly confused by it.

According to you the 2010 elections where Dems were tossed out on their asses in quantities not seen since the 30's or so = no mandate.

But Barry winning by 51% or so = mandate.

lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 04:29:58 PM »

Why ask?  You're clearly confused by it.

According to you the 2010 elections where Dems were tossed out on their asses in quantities not seen since the 30's or so = no mandate.

But Barry winning by 51% or so = mandate.

lol

A national election where the POTUS runs on raising taxes is about as clear as a mandate that there is

and not only did Obama win but the Repubs got STOMPED which just adds that extra kick in the ass to that mandate

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
A national election where the POTUS runs on raising taxes is about as clear as a mandate that there is

and not only did Obama win but the Repubs got STOMPED which just adds that extra kick in the ass to that mandate

Uh no.  Survey after survey shows that most people are NOT single issue voters.  That was ONE issue of many.

How did repubs get stomped?

Barry won with 51% or so.
Dems won senate with 8 or so seats

Repubs won House with 30 some seats
Repubs won governorships by 10 or so.

Like I said...you're clearly confused by it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »

Uh no.  Survey after survey shows that most people are NOT single issue voters.  That was ONE issue of many.

How did repubs get stomped?

Barry won with 51% or so.
Dems won senate with 8 or so seats

Repubs won House with 30 some seats
Repubs won governorships by 10 or so.

Like I said...you're clearly confused by it.

Repubs lost seats in the House and Senate and of course Dems won the White House again

Since you mentioned "surveys" why don't you spend some time checking out all the surveys (or polls) showing the majority of American are overwhelmingly in favor of raising taxes on higher income earners

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 04:47:14 PM »
who said they dont want coordination of efforts?

nice strawman, simply not wanting the govt to mandate something doesnt mean you dont want to do it.

Conservatives give more of their time and money to charity even given they make less. Its not that conservatives dont want to help its that conservatives dont want govt telling who they HAVE TO HELP!!!

its not govt place to do so

Yup there is no Sandy victims, no people with crap healthcare and no poor people because the 1% is giving to charity so they get the help they need.

Try again Tony.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 04:53:47 PM »
LMFAO where did I say there wasnt any of that?

can you make an argument without creating a strawman?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »
Repubs lost seats in the House and Senate and of course Dems won the White House again

Since you mentioned "surveys" why don't you spend some time checking out all the surveys (or polls) showing the majority of American are overwhelmingly in favor of raising taxes on higher income earners

Uh..yeah and in 2010, Dems lost seats in both House and Senate.

And reps are running every couple years and much more accountable than senators or the prez to the people.

Again - you're confused...and this is basic.

Agreed on the polls....but the message is often mixed.  People overwhelmingly want less spending.  When pressed to identify a program...they can't.  When pressed to define 'rich' and 'high income' and the like...they often do so with such mixed results there's no one cut-off (at least not that I've seen).

You're in the Bay area.  Is someone who lives and works downtown making 250K rich?  Are they not paying their fair share?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 04:57:25 PM »
LMFAO where did I say there wasnt any of that?

can you make an argument without creating a strawman?

You just said we dont want government in charge of the help. So who is gonna be in charge?

If your conservative friends already give so much charity there should be plenty of help right?
Right now conservatives is running around helping voluntarily are they not?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »

The free market is and always has been more efficient.