Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 02, 2014, 02:07:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Costco Salmon Burgers  (Read 3325 times)
Roger Bacon
Getbig V

Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

« on: December 30, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »

Anyone buy these?  So fucking good!!!

20g protein per patty, omega 3's, all that shit!!!

Cool

* 16594b.jpg (27.11 KB, 300x300 - viewed 1079 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged

Roger Bacon
Getbig V

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:51:51 PM »

hm, dont know, the bread isnt very bbuilding optimal.

if im going to not eat totally clean, ill go for straight up terrible junk food, icecream and mcdonalds buffet

Skip the bread, I avoid gluten and dairy 98% of the time.

Roger Bacon
Getbig V

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »

thats a good idea Cool

I can't eat it without my face breaking out, makes my joints hurt and upsets my stomach. 

I didn't even know what Gluten was, but my cousin had the biopsy test because of stomach issues and she has ceilacs.  I don't know for sure if I do, but Gluten definitely doesn't agree with me.

WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 05:31:04 PM »

personally i'd just buy salmon filet... cheaper and healthier:

Ingredients
PINK AND/OR KETA SALMON, WATER, CANOLA OIL, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: GROUND ONION, SEA SALT, LEMON JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE, GARLIC POWDER, POTATO EXTRACT, BEET JUICE, ANNATTO (COLOR), WHITE PEPPER, MUSTARD FLOUR, MESQUITE SMOKE FLAVOR, ROSEMARY EXTRACT. PARFRIED IN SOYBEAN AND/OR CANOLA OIL.
CONTAINS FISH (PINK AND/OR KETA SALMON).

Soy & Rapeseed (canola) are 2 items that I try to keep out of my diet
Fuzzy Nuts
Getbig III

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

I buy those. They're good...sometimes I bust them up in eggs for more protein.
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Alphamod / Y board approved

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »

personally i'd just buy salmon filet... cheaper and healthier:

What is fresh salmon per pound up there?

Y
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 06:41:48 PM »

What is fresh salmon per pound up there?

$5/lb where I shop.

I usually just buy the whole fish though (way cheaper) and then filet it and use the bones/head for soup.

No homo
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Alphamod / Y board approved

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 06:43:57 PM »

$5/lb where I shop.

I usually just buy the whole fish though (way cheaper) and then filet it and use the bones/head for soup.

No homo

Gotcha.  Even with the good price of 5/lb, Costco salmon burgers would be cheaper.  But if you're buying a whole fish, you're definitely saving more money and getting a better deal.

Y
TrapsMcLats
Getbig IV

Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »

Processed food fucks my stomach up hardcore.  I stay the fuck away from that stuff.  chicken breasts, yams/potatoes/sweet potatoes/squash, veggies, ground turkey, salmon, lean beef, fruits...  if it comes in a box, bag, or container, i am not eating it....

I do occasionally, when it can't be avoided, but the next day will be a shit fest for me.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 07:05:17 PM »

I can't eat it without my face breaking out, makes my joints hurt and upsets my stomach. 

I didn't even know what Gluten was, but my cousin had the biopsy test because of stomach issues and she has ceilacs.  I don't know for sure if I do, but Gluten definitely doesn't agree with me.

I read where it isn't healthy to cut glutens from your diet unless of course you are allergic to it, which apparently you are.

More and more groceries and health food stores stock gluten-free products. Thatís good news for people with celiac disease, who for health reasons should not eat wheat with gluten.

Yet paradoxically, most of the people who reach for gluten-free products donít have celiac disease and or even a sensitivity to wheat, Peter H.R. Green, MD, director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University, told WebMD. "The market for gluten-free products is exploding. Why exactly we donít know. Many people may just perceive that a gluten-free diet is healthier."

In fact, it isnít. For people with celiac disease, a gluten-free diet is essential. But for others, "unless people are very careful, a gluten-free diet can lack vitamins, minerals, and fiber," says Green.
Hulkotron
Getbig V

The forbidden ritual of the steel palm

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »

I enjoy a good rapeseed once in a while.
Roger Bacon
Getbig V

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 07:19:43 PM »

Have any of you tried 3 Bakers 7 Ancient Grains Gluten free bread?  Toasted, it's so good!

Voice of Doom
Getbig IV

Everything is under control.

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »

Processed food fucks my stomach up hardcore.  I stay the fuck away from that stuff.  chicken breasts, yams/potatoes/sweet potatoes/squash, veggies, ground turkey, salmon, lean beef, fruits...  if it comes in a box, bag, or container, i am not eating it....

I do occasionally, when it can't be avoided, but the next day will be a shit fest for me.

There is truth here ^^^.  After my stomach surgery my body rejects processed food.  Almost like it only wants healthy food....imagine that. 
Powerlift66
Getbig IV

Flirtin' With Disaster!

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 06:05:14 AM »

I buy this and make my own with garlic, olive oil, italian bread crumbs...

El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »

Wait, you go to costco and buy salmon burgers when you can buy fresh salmon there instead?  Costco has the best priced salmon anywhere.  Just look at the packed on date and buy the one done that morning.  Slice it up into portions, wrap in plastic wrap, put in a freezer bag and enjoy throughout the week.  No fishy smell and always tastes perfect.
Thespritz0
Getbig IV

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 08:18:04 AM »

Anyone buy these?  So fucking good!!!

20g protein per patty, omega 3's, all that shit!!!

Cool
^^
Dude, don't listen to the haters- these are GREAT- my Mom actually introduced me to these, I was apprehensive and then HOLY CRAP, they tasted amazing!!!
P.S.  MIX fresh minced garlic with mayonnaise (or just throw both in a blender/food processor) and use that for a spread- WOW!!!!!!

* garlic_mayo.gif (10.68 KB, 170x170 - viewed 653 times.)
hrspwr1
Getbig III

flirtin with disaster everyday

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »

same here but I usually add an egg into the mix to help it all stay together, I season mine with old bay and serve with brown rice.
tommywishbone
Competitors II
Getbig V

Biscuit

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 08:22:31 AM »

"I went broke saving money at Costco."    -Paul's Dad

P
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »

Wait, you go to costco and buy salmon burgers when you can buy fresh salmon there instead?  Costco has the best priced salmon anywhere.  Just look at the packed on date and buy the one done that morning.  Slice it up into portions, wrap in plastic wrap, put in a freezer bag and enjoy throughout the week.  No fishy smell and always tastes perfect.

Costco has a lot of great foods, especially meat, fish and cheeses. Their brand of canned Albacore chunk, white tuna is excellent. Canned salmon is not one of my favorite things to eat. My mom would fix salmon croquettes when I was a kid. They were good, but definitely something I'd want to eat often. I'd probably try the Costco salmon patties just to see what they are like. Of course, crab cakes would be more to my liking.
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »

Costco has a lot of great foods, especially meat, fish and cheeses. Their brand of canned Albacore chunk, white tuna is excellent. Canned salmon is not one of my favorite things to eat. My mom would fix salmon croquettes when I was a kid. They were good, but definitely something I'd want to eat often. I'd probably try the Costco salmon patties just to see what they are like. Of course, crab cakes would be more to my liking.

of course
quadzilla456
Time Out
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 09:56:50 PM »

Almost bought some of these burgers today. But I want to just microwave them and these have to go in the oven. Anyone try those Angus burgers? I know they are loaded with fat but damn they are good! My dogs almost attack me every time I eat it.

cephissus
Getbig V

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »

this stuff is amazingly disgusting, not sure how anyone can eat it...
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 10:09:15 PM »

Almost bought some of these burgers today. But I want to just microwave them and these have to go in the oven. Anyone try those Angus burgers? I know they are loaded with fat but damn they are good! My dogs almost attack me every time I eat it.

I hate meat when it is microwaved. It always tastes "funny" to me. Frankly, I cannot imagine cooking a hamburger any other way then on the barbecue or in a grill pan if it is just too nasty out. Why take a chance on ruining perfectly good Angus beef by microwaving it? Incidentally, a high fat content is what makes beef taste so great. We had a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner. Have you ever seen how much fat there is on this cut of meat? Damn though, the leftovers made the best french dip sandwiches, so tender and yet so flavorful.
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »

this stuff is amazingly disgusting, not sure how anyone can eat it...

Thanks for saying this for me. I don't like canned salmon at all.
Whiskey
Getbig III

Team Billy Of Peace

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 10:51:45 PM »

I love john west red salmon, on wholewheat bread with a generous spread of flora, cant beat it, sadly these days the red salmon
is so expensive.

* JW.jpg (30.27 KB, 550x525 - viewed 373 times.)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!