Author Topic: Which Legendary Bodybuilder Should I Hire?  (Read 13479 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Which Legendary Bodybuilder Should I Hire?
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
used to hear a lot use the "Weider Priority principle" and "specialization training". I think if you use a pre- exhaust of scott preacher curls and chins and tricep press downs and closegrip bench/dips you will stimulate to the max if normal training is not working for you. preacher curls and chins blow your biceps..
Exactly, pre-exhaust most people don't like it but it works.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2013, 10:11:55 AM »
Well, since DA having health issues, Wong is in far Malaysia…and Palumbo will be in jail soon again.  Would recommend Princess Tamali and her plazmosis stuff, will do wonders for you sir.

Wong Hong charges a hundred bucks per training session for a package minimum of fifteen sessions.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
i almost fell out of my chair upon reading this, first from the schock, second from the followup laughter

Drugs will shrink your nuts and give you bitch tits, amongst other undesirables. Never put anything artificial or harmful into your body is my advice to everyone here. Staying natural like Robby today is the smart and manly option.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2013, 10:30:58 AM »
Drugs will shrink your nuts and give you bitch tits, amongst other undesirables. Never put anything artificial or harmful into your body is my advice to everyone here. Staying natural like Robby today is the smart and manly option.

Robby isn't a natural, he's clean.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »
Hire Lee Labrada, he has forgotten more than most of the gurus know.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »
Hire Lee Labrada, he has forgotten more than most of the gurus know.

Does he understand the concept of food combining that most Pros and BBers in general (including Getbiggers) neglect?

http://www.acidalkalinediet.com/food-combining-chart?utm_campaign=email1-combiningchart&utm_medium=email&utm_source=alkaline-dietw

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:16 PM »
Wow, I just checked and Charles Glass certainly doesn't come cheap! Considering his client volume he must have made a ton of dough over the years.

http://charlesglasstraining.net/services.htm

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Go for Zane
he will charge you $2000 or more to watch you do 2 sets on his old, non functional rusty 2nd hand 70' gym equipment

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013, 02:20:39 AM »
Wow, I just checked and Charles Glass certainly doesn't come cheap! Considering his client volume he must have made a ton of dough over the years.

ridiculous prices... ::) he must be a "Guru!"

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »
ridiculous prices... ::) he must be a "Guru!"

And Jerome Ferguson used the services of BOTH Charles Glass and George Farah (who charges 5 grand per program) to place 14th at the Masters O.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 12:15:36 PM »
Don't the legends know the big secrets with their years of top-level experience? That's the reason for their success. Drugs constitute cheating and will harm your body.

I admire Zane and he is my favorite Mr Olympia physique.
I also think that Robby is one of the sports true legends.

I have considered going to a top pro for personal trainiong advice, and never did it. Why?
If you want a program that will work, far better to hire an experienced bodybuilder in your area, that is active competing, NOW or recently. If motivation is more your deal, then spend the $$ on VIP seats for the Olympia in Vegas. They have an awesome expo and an early section of "meet the pros" for VIP ticket holders. The Olympia and Arnold expo are a great way to meet and get a pic with plenty of the legends of BB.

In my humble opinion, Larry Scott offers some of the best old school, drug free ideas on training and diet in the history of the sport.
http://www.larryscott.com.

Oh, one of the best, modern training concepts based on adavanced basic nutrition and training is John Parrillo
http://www.parrillo.com
*** You would get more bang for your buck with Parrillo in terms of actual knowledge for building your body, then being with a legend. The Parrillo concept is extennsive and involved but is all based on food and some effective hard work in the gym. I think you would like it. He also has seminar camps that are a lot better and cheaper then more famous bodybuilders and trainers.Just my 2 cents.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
He was actually a math teacher, but the story has been changed over the years to include chemistry.

He taught science and math and had what is known as a broadfield teaching certificate.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
I admire Zane and he is my favorite Mr Olympia physique.
I also think that Robby is one of the sports true legends.

I have considered going to a top pro for personal trainiong advice, and never did it. Why?
If you want a program that will work, far better to hire an experienced bodybuilder in your area, that is active competing, NOW or recently. If motivation is more your deal, then spend the $$ on VIP seats for the Olympia in Vegas. They have an awesome expo and an early section of "meet the pros" for VIP ticket holders.

In my humble opinion, Larry Scott offers some of the best old school, drug free ideas on training and diet in the history of the sport.
htpp://www.larryscott.com.

Oh, one of the best, modern training concepts based on adavanced basic nutrition and training is John Parrillo
http://www.parrillo.com
*** You would get more bang for your buck with Parrillo in terms of actual knowledge for building your body, then being with a legend. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Howard, but Zane and Robby seem to know their stuff too. But it's hard to pick one over the other.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 12:42:28 PM »
Zane all the way.... :)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »

Order this and the parrillo diet manual as it is very detailed and attend one his camps.
http://www.parrillo.com/training-manual.asp

I would also look for his mainstream published book on Aamazon.com which has most of his info at a fraction of the cost.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
Thanks Howard, but Zane and Robby seem to know their stuff too. But it's hard to pick one over the other.
Are you or I , Zane or Robby? no!
Sure it would be cool to train with them for a couple days.
BUT, consider the gains you could make if you spent that same $$ on some sound info and plenty of quality food and supplements to
fuel your hard workouts.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »

If you want some of the best effective drug free training try natty legend skip Lacour
http://skiplacour.com/slc_weekly_coaching/

I have heard a lot of good things about skip and his training service.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2013, 01:38:41 PM »
If you want some of the best effective drug free training try natty legend skip Lacour
http://skiplacour.com/slc_weekly_coaching/

I have heard a lot of good things about skip and his training service.

Thanks but Skip isn't even a Pro despite taking drugs (and lying about it). I doubt he knows much. He charges way too much as well.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »
Thanks but Skip isn't even a Pro despite taking drugs (and lying about it). I doubt he knows much. He charges way too much as well.

Ok, but Skip passed numerous drug tests at several contests over more then a decade of competition.
Zane and Robby are great champs but I am pretty sure they used drugs to compete as pros.
I gave you my opinion, and advice now do what you want and good luck.
Enjoy your legend training experience whatever you decide.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
A good trainer is someone with knowledge, experience & the ability to educate, inspire & stimulate. There's really no need to hire an expensive champion bodybuilder and most of them are plain dumb & arrogant anyway.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2013, 02:09:29 PM »
Ok, but Skip passed numerous drug tests at several contests over more then a decade of competition.
Zane and Robby are great champs but I am pretty sure they used drugs to compete as pros.
I gave you my opinion, and advice now do what you want and good luck.
Enjoy your legend training experience whatever you decide.

Thanks man; Skip may not be so bad an option after all. Perhaps you should have yourself a legend training experience too. It's fun and you never know what you might learn.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2013, 02:13:47 PM »
A good trainer is someone with knowledge, experience & the ability to educate, inspire & stimulate. There's really no need to hire an expensive champion bodybuilder and most of them are plain dumb & arrogant anyway.

THat's my point and perhaps he just wants to cool experience of being able to train with a legand??
The best guy I ever trained with and listened to 100% was Mike Ferguson and his gym Powerstation gym in Middletown, Ohio.
He won the over 60 masters nationals a couple yrs ago and was the best trainer I ever worked with or knew.
I was able to win the NPC Ironman natural back in 1994 after working with him for just a  few months.
I would stringly urge any serious bodybuilder to seek out Mike and train with him at his gym.
Incredible gym and incredible  level of experience and deep knowldge base with Mike F.
Many of the top gurus like Haney Rambod never won a major title but know their shit.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »
Thanks man; Skip may not be so bad an option after all. Perhaps you should have yourself a legend training experience too. It's fun and you never know what you might learn.

Not me. I would prefer to spend my time and money by going to a place like Middletown Ohio and training under the
supervision of Mike Ferguson at his Powerstation gym.
If you sincerely want to learn how to train and diet , THIS is your man, trust me.
Training with him in his awesome gym was the best bodybuilding experience of my life.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2013, 04:57:56 PM »
Can you share some of Mike's training and diet secrets here since all of us can't go to Middletown, Ohio?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »
Can you share some of Mike's training and diet secrets here since all of us can't go to Middletown, Ohio?

The 'secret' is that there are no secrets, it's just hard work & common sense