Author Topic: Which Legendary Bodybuilder Should I Hire?  (Read 13486 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Which Legendary Bodybuilder Should I Hire?
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »
Lee Haney doesn't do home training packages like Robby and Zane.
'ah. you want THAT type of training.
A

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »
THat's my point and perhaps he just wants to cool experience of being able to train with a legand??
The best guy I ever trained with and listened to 100% was Mike Ferguson and his gym Powerstation gym in Middletown, Ohio.
He won the over 60 masters nationals a couple yrs ago and was the best trainer I ever worked with or knew.
I was able to win the NPC Ironman natural back in 1994 after working with him for just a  few months.
I would stringly urge any serious bodybuilder to seek out Mike and train with him at his gym.
Incredible gym and incredible  level of experience and deep knowldge base with Mike F.
Many of the top gurus like Haney Rambod never won a major title but know their shit.

The best leg machine ever made (The legendary Swing Squat) is in Middletown.

I have one in my basement.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »
The 'secret' is that there are no secrets, it's just hard work & common sense

Bingo!

True Amateur

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2013, 07:33:33 PM »

My 2 cents: go to Amazon and drop 10 bucks on this book there's no so called "pro" who can give you this kind of education. Don't blow thousands to learn a weak rehashing of what Master Blaster Joe Weider taught these guys. Go to the source for 10 bucks. You're welcome.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »

My 2 cents: go to Amazon and drop 10 bucks on this book there's no so called "pro" who can give you this kind of education. Don't blow thousands to learn a weak rehashing of what Master Blaster Joe Weider taught these guys. Go to the source for 10 bucks. You're welcome.

I agree with your idea but I feel their are better sources then this book.
BUT, getting a great resorurce is a better way to go and 99% cheaper.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2013, 03:46:53 AM »
I got this book some years age.. a good book.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »
The 'secret' is that there are no secrets, it's just hard work & common sense

There ARE certain secrets. Vince Gironda knew heaps of training and nutritional secrets, for one. I have them all saved in his book.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
There ARE certain secrets. Vince Gironda knew heaps of training and nutritional secrets, for one. I have them all saved in his book.

Once you publish something to the public, it isn't a 'secret' anymore.

I remember his interviews in Ironman magazine. Back in the day his views were refreshing, but also a bit pseudo-scientific. Again, there are no secrets, esp in the electronic age.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2013, 12:40:28 PM »
Once you publish something to the public, it isn't a 'secret' anymore.

I remember his interviews in Ironman magazine. Back in the day his views were refreshing, but also a bit pseudo-scientific. Again, there are no secrets, esp in the electronic age.

Yeah, but most BBers, including Getbiggers, still aren't aware of Gironda's secrets. If you don't know it, isn't it a secret?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2013, 12:48:46 PM »
Yeah, but most BBers, including Getbiggers, still aren't aware of Gironda's secrets. If you don't know it, isn't it a secret?

Please, call them 'insights' or 'personal views', not 'secrets'. There are countless insights about training, nutrition, supps, drugs, mental factors and so on. There's no need (and it's impossible!) to read/hear them all, unless you have multiple lives. With all respect for Vince's insights, but bodybuilding isn't rocked science, it's just damn hard work & common sense.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
Please, call them 'insights' or 'personal views', not 'secrets'. There are countless insights about training, nutrition, supps, drugs, mental factors and so on. There's no need (and it's impossible!) to read/hear them all, unless you have multiple lives. With all respect for Vince's insights, but bodybuilding isn't rocked science, it's just damn hard work & common sense.

Yes, bodybuilding isn't rocket science, but it's still a scientific sport that incorporates modern advances as King Ronnie mentioned. Robby and Zane may be old now yet they are modern men who have kept up with the times.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »
Yes, bodybuilding isn't rocket science, but it's still a scientific sport that incorporates modern advances as King Ronnie mentioned. Robby and Zane may be old now yet they are modern men who have kept up with the times.

Ronnie is the result of near perfect conditions for hypertrophy.
I would suggest that you watch some interviews with Robby by Ric Drasin on Youtube. My conclusion after hearing them: just hard work, moderate doses of gear, common sense based on the knowledge/experience back in the day & good genetics.
If you want a good bb-related investment, I would suggest things like good food & gear, no overpriced masterclasses.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2013, 01:43:09 PM »
Mike van Wijk is teh shit

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2013, 01:50:11 PM »
Mike van Wijk is teh shit

He would destroy your organs

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2013, 01:52:10 PM »
Ronnie is the result of near perfect conditions for hypertrophy.
I would suggest that you watch some interviews with Robby by Ric Drasin on Youtube. My conclusion after hearing them: just hard work, moderate doses of gear, common sense based on the knowledge/experience back in the day & good genetics.
If you want a good bb-related investment, I would suggest things like good food & gear, no overpriced masterclasses.

What would you consider a reasonable rate for Robby's Master Class then?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2013, 02:32:25 PM »
What would you consider a reasonable rate for Robby's Master Class then?

That's not up to me, we're living in a free market world. Robby is a smart, gifted & relaxed guy, but there's really no need to invest in a master class to become successful. Just make a plan, execute it, evaluate it and repeat.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »
Here's a recent seminar by George Farah. In it he warns against excessive protein consumption by bodybuilders (too much of it is toxic to the kidneys) amongst other things. He seems knowledgeable and full of secrets; maybe I should email him and ask him for advice.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
Here's a recent seminar by George Farah. In it he warns against excessive protein consumption by bodybuilders (too much of it is toxic to the kidneys) amongst other things. He seems knowledgeable and full of secrets; maybe I should email him and ask him for advice.

i say fly to Vegas and spend the $$ on lap dances.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2013, 03:00:02 PM »
i say fly to Vegas and spend the $$ on lap dances.

She will disapprove. :D Anyway, what's the point? I get more than lap dances, the whole nine yards in fact, from her for free.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2013, 03:06:30 PM »

Saw this one last week, great session. George is a prep guy with a good track record, so he's def someone to listen to. His thoughts about cycling with protein & gear to save your organs is a good one.
No need to email him for free advice, he won't do that, he has his rates.

Here's some experience from a client (rodriguez72), http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/84381-george-farah-diet.html

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »
She will disapprove. :D Anyway, what's the point? I get more than lap dances, the whole nine yards in fact, from her for free.

Lovely girl, looks intelligent, def a keeper.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2013, 04:04:56 PM »
Saw this one last week, great session. George is a prep guy with a good track record, so he's def someone to listen to. His thoughts about cycling with protein & gear to save your organs is a good one.
No need to email him for free advice, he won't do that, he has his rates.

Here's some experience from a client (rodriguez72), http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/84381-george-farah-diet.html

Thanks for the link. But I can see, though, that George still has plenty to learn from the likes of Vince Gironda and Ron Kosloff about optimal nutrition. Nutrition, as you well know, can make or break your physique and George is violating all the rules of food combining.

http://detoxifynow.com/Food_diet.html

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »
Thanks for the link. But I can see, though, that George still has plenty to learn from the likes of Vince Gironda and Ron Kosloff about optimal nutrition. Nutrition, as you well know, can make or break your physique and George is violating all the rules of food combining.

http://detoxifynow.com/Food_diet.html

Well, just like Vince, George isn't a fan of combining fats & carbs. Other than that George operates in a different field than Vince. I mean, a guy like Mohammed Makkaway was great back in the day, but he won't do damage in the current pro scene. BTW, Vince claimed that Mohammed was a naturel, but years later Mo admitted his use.
I've heard of that PH-neutral diet, but a serious bodybuilder can't eat like that. He needs to eat massive amounts of veggies in order to compensate his daily 400-600 gr of protein consumption. No one says that bodybuilders eats healthy, they eat for results. BTW, do you think that Vince's +10 eggs/day intake was healthy? George take to lower the food intake in the off season is a feasible strategy.
BTW, I've never heard of  Ron Kosloff.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »
Well, just like Vince, George isn't a fan of combining fats & carbs. Other than that George operates in a different field than Vince. I mean, a guy like Mohammed Makkaway was great back in the day, but he won't do damage in the current pro scene. BTW, Vince claimed that Mohammed was a naturel, but years later Mo admitted his use.
I've heard of that PH-neutral diet, but a serious bodybuilder can't eat like that. He needs to eat massive amounts of veggies in order to compensate his daily 400-600 gr of protein consumption. No one says that bodybuilders eats healthy, they eat for results. BTW, do you think that Vince's +10 eggs/day intake was healthy? George take to lower the food intake in the off season is a feasible strategy.
BTW, I've never heard of  Ron Kosloff.

Oh, Ron was a student of Vince's. He has a column on BB.com and has BB consultation services too. Check him out; he has some pretty uncoventional ideas on diet.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kosloff.htm

http://vincegironda-nsp.com/services/

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2013, 11:25:56 PM »
"Jumbo" Palumbo has his own little consultation business going on too. His phone consultation rates are through the roof, I must say. They are exactly double that of Haney and Zane!

http://www.davepalumbo.com/STOREV2/dietwithdave.html