Author Topic: 2 of the best things that happened in 2012  (Read 8915 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: 2 of the best things that happened in 2012
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »
Obamaphone lady agrees

most people agree

it's just reality

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »
He didn't have just a few months. He's had FOUR YEARS and he said he could fix the economy in three. If YOU had any intellectual honesty, you'd admit that (per his own standards) he didn't get the job done.

Three years (not a few months) but three years after his stimulus (and several mini-stimuli, afterward) passed, the numbers were nowhere near where HIS ECONOMIC TEAM said they would be. I'm not talking about what was "baked into the cake". I'm talking about what has occurred after Obama had a substantial amount of time in office.

I'm judging him by the standards HE (not Bush, or anyone else) set. By those standards, he failed.

He didn't get unemployment under 8% until conveniently just a month away from the election (due more to people dropping out of the workforce).

He didn't cut the deficit in half by first term's end, words that came from is own lips, despite Lurker's stupid statements about smoke and mirrors.

And, he completely lied his tail off, regarding raising taxes on the middle class.

Use your intellectual honesty on that.

What taxes on the middle-class?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2013, 05:36:16 PM »
What taxes on the middle-class?

ObamaCare and the payroll tax (and that's just the opening act).

333386 posted the number on his thread. People making at least $50,000 will be coughing up an extra $1600 per year.

Obama lied his @$$ off about not raising taxes on the middle class, point blank.

The so-called champion of the middle-class just suckered them (or at least 53% or so) into coughing up more of their hard-earned money. And when those EEEEEEEVIIILLLL millionaires end up doing what they always do, namely find a way to keep their cash (either by moving it or by passing on to the middle-class folks), it's the working folks who are going to get SCREWED.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2013, 05:50:29 PM »
News Flash

The economy is MUCH better now than it was 4 years ago

you may not believe it but that doesn't change the fact that it is MUCH BETTER

The voters seemed to be aware of it a few months when they re-elected him

Just like the voters believed their premiums would be lower and their taxes wouldn't go up. Now that Obama has suckered them (and you) into buying that crap, he shows his true colors and the pain is coming to the American people.

Nearly 50 million people in food stamps vs. 32 million four years ago is not a better economy.

Over half of college grads not being able to find jobs in their field is NOT a better economy.

8% (or higher) unemployment for 44 of his 48 months, during the first term, is not a better economy.
A downgraded credit limit is not signs of a better economy.

The fact that you and your fellow Obama worshippers were silly enough to buy his BS a second time is hardly evidence of a successful economy.

He didn't cut the deficit in half, as he said.

He didn't keep his word about not raising taxes on the middle class.

He didn't keep unemployment under 8%.

He didn't get unemployment into the 5% area, as his economic team projected.

And, now that he's conned you and the other Hopey-Changeys into giving him a second term, we're all going to get slammed, as never before.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »
ObamaCare and the payroll tax (and that's just the opening act).

333386 posted the number on his thread. People making at least $50,000 will be coughing up an extra $1600 per year.

Obama lied his @$$ off about not raising taxes on the middle class, point blank.

The so-called champion of the middle-class just suckered them (or at least 53% or so) into coughing up more of their hard-earned money. And when those EEEEEEEVIIILLLL millionaires end up doing what they always do, namely find a way to keep their cash (either by moving it or by passing on to the middle-class folks), it's the working folks who are going to get SCREWED.

if I recall, none of the so called taxes in the healthcare legislation are actually taxes and payroll taxes were cut EXPIRED and now is going back to where it originally was

Repubs will piss and moan and say Obama raised taxes but he did not and Repubs were not even in favor of reducing the payroll tax in the first place so it's totally disingenuous for them to now call it a tax increase

last time I checked people making between 200k and 500k were not middle class

http://news.yahoo.com/77-americans-pay-more-taxes-2013-152240088.html
The good news, according to non-partisan Tax Policy Center (whose report the Times cites), is that very few non-wealthy households will face a net increase in taxes. The center "calculated that less than 5 percent of families earning $200,000 to $500,000 will actually pay more." Which pretty much aligns with what President Obama said at the White House late last night

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
if I recall, none of the so called taxes in the healthcare legislation are actually taxes and payroll taxes were cut EXPIRED and now is going back to where it originally was

Repubs will piss and moan and say Obama raised taxes but he did not and Repubs were not even in favor of reducing the payroll tax in the first place so it's totally disingenuous for them to now call it a tax increase

last time I checked people making between 200k and 500k were not middle class

There's that amnesia of yours again.

One, Obama's lawyers testified UNDER OATH that ObamaCare was a tax. That's the only reason it's still legal per the Supreme Court. So, either Team Obama lied to the Court; or they lied to US. Either way, you bought it, hook, line, and sinker.

Two. The end of the payroll tax (as well as ObamaCare) hit people making at least $50,000. That, in many states, is middle class. An average of $1,600 extra per year goes bye-bye, thanks to Obama and crew. See 333386's thread for more details.

Furthermore, Obama didn't say very few people who make under $250,000 would see their incomes go up "one dime". He said NOBODY, who made under $250,000 would see their taxes go up "one dime".

"And if you're a family making less than $250,000 a year, my plan won't raise your taxes one penny - not your income taxes, not your payroll taxes, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

Once again, Obama lied his keister off and people like you fell for it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2013, 06:00:58 PM »
 ;D

One, Obama's lawyers testified UNDER OATH that ObamaCare was a tax. That's the only reason it's still legal per the Supreme Court. So, either Team Obama lied to the Court; or they lied to US. Either way, you bought it, hook, line, and sinker.

Two. The end of the payroll tax (as well as ObamaCare) hit people making at least $50,000. That, in many states, is middle class. An average of $1,600 extra per year goes bye-bye, thanks to Obama and crew. See 333386's thread for more details.

Furthermore, Obama didn't say very few people who make under $250,000 would see their incomes go up "one dime". He said NOBODY, who made under $250,000 would see their taxes go up "one dime".

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »
;D

I added Obama's quote on this matter. Straw seems to have a problem, explaining why Obama betrayed the words that came from his own mouth.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2013, 06:03:38 PM »
Just like the voters believed their premiums would be lower and their taxes wouldn't go up. Now that Obama has suckered them (and you) into buying that crap, he shows his true colors and the pain is coming to the American people.

Nearly 50 million people in food stamps vs. 32 million four years ago is not a better economy.

Over half of college grads not being able to find jobs in their field is NOT a better economy.

8% (or higher) unemployment for 44 of his 48 months, during the first term, is not a better economy.
A downgraded credit limit is not signs of a better economy.

The fact that you and your fellow Obama worshippers were silly enough to buy his BS a second time is hardly evidence of a successful economy.

He didn't cut the deficit in half, as he said.

He didn't keep his word about not raising taxes on the middle class.

He didn't keep unemployment under 8%.

He didn't get unemployment into the 5% area, as his economic team projected.

And, now that he's conned you and the other Hopey-Changeys into giving him a second term, we're all going to get slammed, as never before.

yeah, yeah, you keep harping on the fact that he didn't meet certain projections but if you haven't noticed yet, the voters didn't care and by all salient measures were are much better off then we were four years ago

let's review some facts

UE peaked at 10.10% in October of 2009 and has been going down steadily
Stock Market much higher now than when Obama took office
Real Estate values are doing much better than when Obama took office and most

Regarding insurance rates, I can only speak for myself.  I had been part of a group plan based on membership in a professional association and I decided to check with a friend who is an insurance broker and I got an individual plan and dropped my insurance premium from
~ $400 a month to $138 a month.   This is not some shitty plan either.  It's a PP0 with a 4500 annual deductible (my former group plan was a PPO with a 3500 deductible) and also has a health savings account (which I always max out)

So, just because you choose to find fault because things are not yet perfect the undeniable fact is that all the markers of the economy are much better than when Obama took office

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:08 PM »

"And if you're a family making less than $250,000 a year, my plan won't raise your taxes one penny - not your income taxes, not your payroll taxes, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

yawn, more pissing and moaning about the healthcare legislation yet virtually no one in the middle class will every pay a penalty or a "tax" because their low income will exclude them

you can pretend that payroll taxes are going up all you want but it's simply not true (again - I understand your need to tell yourself it is true so I won't bother repeating myself on this)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:23 PM »
I know you hate my guts - but being self employed - can you forward me your insurance brokers'info on the health insurance?  

yeah, yeah, you keep harping on the fact that he didn't meet certain projections but if you haven't noticed yet, the voters didn't care and by all salient measures were are much better off then we were four years ago

let's review some facts

UE peaked at 10.10% in October of 2009 and has been going down steadily
Stock Market much higher now than when Obama took office
Real Estate values are doing much better than when Obama took office and most

Regarding insurance rates, I can only speak for myself.  I had been part of a group plan based on membership in a professional association and I decided to check with a friend who is an insurance broker and I got an individual plan and dropped my insurance premium from
~ $400 a month to $138 a month.   This is not some shitty plan either.  It's a PP0 with a 4500 annual deductible (my former group plan was a PPO with a 3500 deductible) and also has a health savings account (which I always max out)

So, just because you choose to find fault because things are not yet perfect the undeniable fact is that all the markers of the economy are much better than when Obama took office

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »
I added Obama's quote on this matter. Straw seems to have a problem, explaining why Obama betrayed the words that came from his own mouth.

he didn't raise the payroll tax

he lowered it and now it's going back to where it was

that's not raising taxes

I know you won't be able to understand that

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
he didn't raise the payroll tax

he lowered it and now it's going back to where it was

that's not raising taxes

I know you won't be able to understand that

Was 4.2%; Now it's 6.2%. That's a tax hike.

Then, there's that ObamaCare thing.

Try again, Straw!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
the l;osers still on here crrrrrrryyyyyyyiiiinnnng g

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »
yawn, more pissing and moaning about the healthcare legislation yet virtually no one in the middle class will every pay a penalty or a "tax" because their low income will exclude them

you can pretend that payroll taxes are going up all you want but it's simply not true (again - I understand your need to tell yourself it is true so I won't bother repeating myself on this)

Unfortunately, it isn't pretending. It's a fact. The fact you keep denying such, in an attempt to whitewash your being suckered by Obama's lame promises....AGAIN is laughable yet pitiful.

And, par the course, you keep denying that he said he'd cut the deficit in half but didn't. And, you keep denying that ObamaCare isn't a tax, when Obama's lawyers swore under oath that it was and the Supreme Court agreed.

Any way you slice it, he basically lied TO YOUR FACE about taxes and the middle class.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »

And the dummies are still here, thinking they didn't get conned by Obama and will be immune to the impending disaster that will hit this country.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »

Trayvon serving trays of frank n beans in the prison kitchen in the Big Pen in the sky!  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »
Unfortunately, it isn't pretending. It's a fact. The fact you keep denying such, in an attempt to whitewash your being suckered by Obama's lame promises....AGAIN is laughable yet pitiful.

And, par the course, you keep denying that he said he'd cut the deficit in half but didn't. And, you keep denying that ObamaCare isn't a tax, when Obama's lawyers swore under oath that it was and the Supreme Court agreed.

Any way you slice it, he basically lied TO YOUR FACE about taxes and the middle class.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2013, 06:23:17 PM »

Best thing to happen in 2012 - was Obamaphone lady being made public as well as fluke.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »

No it's not but I know you want to believe it so feel free

I, like almost EVERYONE else, will pay no penalty at all

I don't expect a rabid Obama hater to ever be able to see through the haze of their hatred to understand that so there is no need to keep going around in circles on this

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2013, 06:28:38 PM »
The unofficial-official Obama-worshipping tune:

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »
And the dummies are still here, thinking they didn't get conned by Obama and will be immune to the impending disaster that will hit this country.

LOL

you're sounding about as nutty as the person who thinks Obama in trying to "collapse the nation" or maybe you actually believe that nonsense too

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2013, 06:30:54 PM »
Best thing to happen in 2012 - was Obamaphone lady being made public as well as fluke.   

there is no such thing as an Obamaphone but don't let that stop you from believing it to be true

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2013, 06:32:25 PM »
Was 4.2%; Now it's 6.2%. That's a tax hike.

Then, there's that ObamaCare thing.

Try again, Straw!

no it's not

it's an expiration of a discount and your party wasn't even in favor of the original discount

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2013, 06:33:02 PM »

yep, a couple of bad cases of diaper rash