Author Topic: Only god knows how awesome canada is  (Read 8295 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Only god knows how awesome canada is
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »
didn't a lot of the Vietnam contentious objectors go to Canada? Canada i have always thought of as a very liberal land. I only saw a small area of it but the people i liked.

MikMaq

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »
Ive travelled all over the world and it seems America has a monopoly on some really fine women in every flavour, who look after themselves, however the good ones have the most hideous narcissistic shallow personalities, incomparible to any other county I have visited.

Does Canada have the same quality and do they have the same dysfunctional personalities, or are canadian women a bit more grounded.

I met a few french canadians and they were arrogant assholes. :o
As a proud canadian, I have no problem admitting canada is just a suburb of the united states. The main difference being is it's a well managed suburb.

The cold hearted fact is america got alot of fucking problems, it's too large of a country to be managed effectively.

It's a country that is in capable of having stable health care, when almost every other western country as some form of it.

It has massive gun and crime problems.

A lack of a real border.

Excessive military expenditures.

Large class divides.

I'm not saying canada is some amazing, country, it just simply possesses the absolute bare minimum. 

MikMaq

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »
Grew up in Michigan - Cold weather is no big deal.
The truth, it's one those absurd things people say that have almost no bases on fact.

The average canadian's weather is about 1-2 degrees colder than the average american living along the border.

So the 35 million american's living near the border deal with the exact same thing that most canadian's deal with.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
As a proud canadian, I have no problem admitting canada is just a suburb of the united states. The main difference being is it's a well managed suburb.

The cold hearted fact is america got alot of fucking problems, it's too large of a country to be managed effectively.

It's a country that is in capable of having stable health care, when almost every other western country as some form of it.

It has massive gun and crime problems.

A lack of a real border.

Excessive military expenditures.

Large class divides.

I'm not saying canada is some amazing, country, it just simply possesses the absolute bare minimum. 

Large class divides?

Why don't you tell us how well "white" Canada assimilates the indigenous native population.

Just keep pretending that life in St. John's Newfoundland is even remotely similar to growing up in Malibu, California.

dustin

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »
Funny, I had a convo with a group of Canadians I was working with and all they did was bitch about high taxes, long waits for healthcare and the fact that they had to map out their route to the range and turn it over to the cops if they wanted to shoot their guns. In fact, every last one of them was saying they wished they lived in the US...only on getbig do Canadians not want to be American.

As a Canadian, no. None of us yearn to be Americans or live in America. The only time we move South is when there's a job opportunity.

I don't blindly hate America and I admit there's a lot of cool stuff about the US, but I don't want to live there at all. The atmosphere is just different and the people really aren't the same. I feel I could live in the US, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much as here.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »
Large class divides?

Why don't you tell us how well "white" Canada assimilates the indigenous native population.

Just keep pretending that life in St. John's Newfoundland is even remotely similar to growing up in Malibu, California.

Ha! You really want to talk about Indians???  Yes , it must be nice to drive through Malibu but don't think you could even come close to affording the rent.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »
Canada has polar bears! Most alpha predator on land! Fuck yeah!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
Canada has polar bears! Most alpha predator on land! Fuck yeah!

excellent point

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
What do Americans really think about Canada?

We don't.

thats great. most canadians prefer it if yanks would just stay out  ;D

to me its simple, why live in the us when you can live in canada. the only coveted thing states side has is tropical weather.

dustin

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
lol, never gets old.

I've never heard anyone say "aboot" in my life. It sounds like "ah-baowt", which is actually a million times more gay sounding. And I've been told that we pronounce it "care" instead of "car". I've noticed this to be true, especially if you're a Newfie or from the East. ;D

@Lord Chronos Canadians are fucked up too. Unless you're in a big city, we're usually way too mellow to get confrontational. A funny Canadian phenomenon is the good old apology loop. More often than not we get into apology loops sort of like how Japanese can get stuck bowing to one another in apology. If you walk around the corner and almost mow someone down, it's not uncommon to exchange three or four instantaneous "I'm sorry's". I never even noticed it until I started visiting relatives in Seattle and noticed that no one said sorry at malls or public places.

Any time I whip a door open or walk around a blind corner my instant reaction is to apologize even if I stopped and someone walked into me. In the States though, people just give you the stink eye or tell you to fuck off. Such crazy fuckin' hostility, man. If everyone is truly that bitter I don't know how the fuck you guys make it through your day to day lives without going on a rampage. Canadians have no time for that shit, we just apologize and it's all good. I always open doors for people who are nearby and in the States, no one ever says thanks. In Canada, people thank you with sincerity like you've just saved their children from a burning building.