Author Topic: BIG ACH dieting down! Day 1 *UPDATED W/ PICS* 3/30/2015  (Read 25238 times)

bigjim

• Getbig III
Re: BIG ACH dieting down! Day 1
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 04:28:42 PM »
I have been a member of over 50 chat forums since the days of Compuserve. I also did a lot of work with a telephone chatline starting in 1992. (www.Thefreechatline.com). I've been on chat forums for everything from stamp collecting to ball room dancing. You don't even come close. Few do.

Fantastic trolling I take my hat off to you.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »
big ach you need that diet

1 scoop of cyrax
2 coop of cyrax

3 scoop of protinias

3 scoop cyrax

4 scoop scorpion

9 scoop wilson

9 scoops of wilson?  How many calories does wilson have?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 04:34:02 PM »
Let's just say that after membership on over 50 chat forums, several of which I was a moderator, and a telephone chatline which I still proudly serve as a guest moderator from time to time (going back to 1992), you could say that I "wrote the book". I call 'em as I see 'em and I answer to nobody.

talking shit like that I hope your last name is Aceto.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »
Looks like way too much food to me.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 05:43:05 PM »
Are those footlongs subway? If so, why not make the chicken yourself instead of eating the frozen processed garbage that they put in their subs?

Too lazy - Yes those are footlongs from subway.   I'm already cooking chicken breasts for the evening meal.... I'll just have to cook that much more for the earlier meals... and just couldn't be fucked.  My wallet takes a bit of a hit, but whatever, I pass subway on the way to my office and been going there for sometime so its just plain convenient.  Not ideal but its good enough.

1. Do you plan to compete again? Do you see yourself competing into the later phases of your life, or will competition merely be a fixture of your youth, something you look back upon?

I don't think I will be competing this year - thats not set in stone, but most likely I will not.  I'm in the tail end of my PhD and really need to focus 100% on that.  I put  my heart and soul into competing and other things in my life start to suffer so I really can't afford to have that right now.[/quote]

Maybe in the future yes I would definitely be interested in competing again.  I haven't closed that door, but I'm not rushing to jump back on stage , whenever it happens it happens, if not thats all good too.  Bodybuilding for me was never about competing, it was about me just getting bigger and stronger, competition was just something I did in parallel to that whenever I got the itch.

2. I recall you mentioning that you're in a graduate program of one sort or another. Does the dieting ever interfere with your studies in a notable (detrimental) way? How do you balance the cognitive demands of (presumably) intensive study with the often disruptive effects on mental function dieting brings?

When I was in undergrad studying Systems Engineering I competed two years, my grades didn't suffer - but it did definitely interfere with my productivity especially around 4-6 weeks out, I was like a fucking zombie in class, really having a hard time focusing, sometimes I skipped class all together, and didn't want to do anything at all.  My social life also suffered a lot too.

So now doing my PhD, I'm not taking classes, but I'm conducting research and just want to get through with it as smoothly as possible which is why I don't want to worry myself with the stresses of dieting for a show, sure I'm gonna diet now, but if ever I find that its interfering with any of my work I'm just gonna say fuck it and lax a bit - but I don't really see that happening.  I mean you see the starting point, its not like this diet is that severe or anything!

3. Why don't you go to the darkside? Is it ethical concerns or just practical ones?

I have no interest in breaking the law or doing anything illegal.  I have a wife, a career, and want to start a family and all that.  Don't want anything to interfere or ruin that.

Thats not to say that I would not consider taking any legal over the counter pro-hormones, I would do that and would be very open about it (as I have been in the past) its just that there is nothing good in the market right now, and what was there is now banned.

Looks like way too much food to me.

well - its trial and error really.... if I find I'm not losing weight with this, then I'll have to cut down some.  We'll just have to wait and see!

Everyone else - thank you very much for the kind words of encouragement.... 

For those with the negativity - its all good!  I know you're all national level competitors and will probably never be at your level -  Will just have to learn to accept that!   ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »
Alright.... as I said a few weeks ago.  I'm gonna start leaning out some when the new year starts.  And this is exactly what is going to happen. 

I haven't really dieted down much when I'm not competing, but since I haven't competed in a few years, I think its about time.  I don't really have a set weight in mind, nor do I have a set time period for this dieting (which I guess is bad on both counts) I just want to get my love handles in check and my guess is that its gonna take 25-30 lbs for that to happen. 

This morning I weighed 236 lbs - which is fine... I've been on vacation eating like a fucking a pig and haven't worked out for 2 weeks, I needed some time off as I've been having some bad elbow pain from some heavy tricep work outs as well as a few other dings here and there.  But tomorrow I'm gonna get back into the swing of things.  I haven't measured my body fat yet but my guess is that its around 22-23%

I'm not so much worried about staying on my diet (although, I have yet to ever diet and not cheat at least once - but either way its never been catastrophic lol, I know what it takes for my body to get in shape - I've done it so many times in the past).  I'm more worried about losing muscle mass and not looking "big"  Thats always been the main reason of why I avoid dieting down, I just start to feel small, light, and puny!  So I guess I'm gonna try to lose weight slowly and steadily, in order to maintain or maybe even gain some muscle.

Believe it or not, I actually keep a rough estimate of my caloric intake in the off-season and its normally between 3500 - 4000 calories.  (obviously not counting Sundays when I order pizza and watch my Redskins kick ass).

But to get my butt in gear, I'm gonna start this diet at 2800 calories  (In the past when I competed, I would start my diet with 2500 calories but when I did that I was usually in a time crunch to be ready for a show, this time as I don't really have a set deadline, I'm gonna start a little higher and work my way down).  A few weeks in I may add in a fat burning supplements and possibly some test boosters (OTC  :P  )

Below are the foods I'll be eating day in and day out.  As the weeks go by, and depending on how my weight loss goes I will start to cut out some calories, usually 200-300 calories at a time, and usually I cut these calories out from carb sources.

I do cardio right after my work out, which is usually in the evening and lasts about 2 hours.  The cardio will be 15-20 minutes of high intensity on the elliptical (using progressive resistance where I increase the resistance every minute and maintain or increase speed), I'll start with 3 times a week minimum (but usually I'll do more) and increase every few weeks.  On the weekends I may go out for a job or a walk around the neighborhood nothing too vicious.

I'll get some pictures up soon (until then, you guys can enjoy my duck face below), and I'll try to keep this thread pretty up to date every couples of weeks or so, discussing my progress, and sharing how things are going, whether I cheated or not and on what, etc.

So this is what I'll be eating, its kinda unorthodox but it works for me:

Meal 1   
5 Whole eggs
1 scoop syntrax (Protein shake)
1 scoop syntrax
Glucosamine
Multivitamins

Meal 2   
1 footlong Grilled Chicken sub with wheat bread

Meal 3   

Intra-WO   
4 Tea-Spoons CORE ABC (BCAA's)
5 g creatine

Meal 4
(PWO)   
1 scoop syntrax
1 scoop syntrax
1 bottle of gatorade performs (20 oz)
5 g creatine

Meal 5   
1 Chicken breast
1 bag Uncle Ben's Ready Rice

251 g protein, 310 g carbs, 61 g fat.  2800 Calories Total.

Feel free to post questions, comments, rejections, insults, whatever your heart desires!

Good luck to you, I'm also gonna drop weight this year.  Time to unleash the musclestud under the fat suit.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 05:46:43 PM »
Solid my friend.  You could most likely do 2800-2500 all the way and never have to change a thing depending on how long you want it to take (obviously longer, the higher the calories).

Also, don`t feel like you have to lock yourself into certain foods.  Just keep your caloric amount and fill it with foods you like, no limits!

I will be watching you, so don`t screw this up.  ;)

My good friend - If I can be as lean as you are now it would be a great thing, but I don't think I'll be going that far. 

I honestly don't mind locking myself to the same foods day in and day out, I have very simple taste so its fine by me.  As I said I'm in no rush with this plan just want the weight to come off steadily!!

Your encouragement is always appreciated  :D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 05:48:12 PM »
Good luck to you, I'm also gonna drop weight this year.  Time to unleash the musclestud under the fat suit.

Thanks buddy - we will motivate each other!  Good luck to you as well!

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2013, 09:51:05 PM »
I cut on 2500 cal. I up the cardio workouts to burn more calories though.
all drugs - TPPIIP

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 06:55:55 AM »
Subway "chicken"   is disgusting.  Buy your own sub rolls and grill some real chicken and don't eat that processed shit.

also what "fat burner" supp are you thinking about?  Most of just over caffeinated shit.  People think they are burning fat because they have a high like a crack addict.

just a few tweaks to your diet and you'd be in beast mode.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
Alright.... as I said a few weeks ago.  I'm gonna start leaning out some when the new year starts.  And this is exactly what is going to happen.  

I haven't really dieted down much when I'm not competing, but since I haven't competed in a few years, I think its about time.  I don't really have a set weight in mind, nor do I have a set time period for this dieting (which I guess is bad on both counts) I just want to get my love handles in check and my guess is that its gonna take 25-30 lbs for that to happen.  

This morning I weighed 236 lbs - which is fine... I've been on vacation eating like a fucking a pig and haven't worked out for 2 weeks, I needed some time off as I've been having some bad elbow pain from some heavy tricep work outs as well as a few other dings here and there.  But tomorrow I'm gonna get back into the swing of things.  I haven't measured my body fat yet but my guess is that its around 22-23%

I'm not so much worried about staying on my diet (although, I have yet to ever diet and not cheat at least once - but either way its never been catastrophic lol, I know what it takes for my body to get in shape - I've done it so many times in the past).  I'm more worried about losing muscle mass and not looking "big"  Thats always been the main reason of why I avoid dieting down, I just start to feel small, light, and puny!  So I guess I'm gonna try to lose weight slowly and steadily, in order to maintain or maybe even gain some muscle.

Believe it or not, I actually keep a rough estimate of my caloric intake in the off-season and its normally between 3500 - 4000 calories.  (obviously not counting Sundays when I order pizza and watch my Redskins kick ass).

But to get my butt in gear, I'm gonna start this diet at 2800 calories  (In the past when I competed, I would start my diet with 2500 calories but when I did that I was usually in a time crunch to be ready for a show, this time as I don't really have a set deadline, I'm gonna start a little higher and work my way down).  A few weeks in I may add in a fat burning supplements and possibly some test boosters (OTC  :P  )

Below are the foods I'll be eating day in and day out.  As the weeks go by, and depending on how my weight loss goes I will start to cut out some calories, usually 200-300 calories at a time, and usually I cut these calories out from carb sources.

I do cardio right after my work out, which is usually in the evening and the whole work out lasts about 2 hours.  The cardio will be 15-20 minutes of high intensity on the elliptical (using progressive resistance where I increase the resistance every minute and maintain or increase speed), I'll start with 3 times a week minimum (but usually I'll do more) and increase every few weeks.  On the weekends I may go out for a job or a walk around the neighborhood nothing too vicious.

I'll get some pictures up soon (until then, you guys can enjoy my duck face below), and I'll try to keep this thread pretty up to date every couples of weeks or so, discussing my progress, and sharing how things are going, whether I cheated or not and on what, etc.

So this is what I'll be eating, its kinda unorthodox but it works for me:

Meal 1   
5 Whole eggs
1 scoop syntrax (Protein shake)
1 scoop syntrax
Glucosamine
Multivitamins

Meal 2   

Meal 3   

Intra-WO   
4 Tea-Spoons CORE ABC (BCAA's)
5 g creatine

Meal 4
(PWO)   
1 scoop syntrax
1 scoop syntrax
1 bottle of gatorade performs (20 oz)
5 g creatine

Meal 5   
1 Chicken breast
1 bag Uncle Ben's Ready Rice

251 g protein, 310 g carbs, 61 g fat.  2800 Calories Total.

Feel free to post questions, comments, rejections, insults, whatever your heart desires!

youll need a treadmill for your nose alone and btw you look like at least 40% bf, the nose at least 50%

>:(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 07:08:05 AM »
Are you trusting the calorie count from subway? 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 07:10:03 AM »

they seem relatively accurate.... quality of the meat is pathetic though (no homo).... freeze dried shit must have lower bioavailability

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 07:11:58 AM »

they seem relatively accurate.... quality of the meat is pathetic though (no homo).... freeze dried shit must have lower bioavailability

The vegetable sub is a good bet over there.   The bread though must have a lot of calories for a foot long. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 07:13:49 AM »
That's not a terrorist!
V

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 07:14:01 AM »
The vegetable sub is a good bet over there.   The bread though must have a lot of calories for a foot long. 

400 for white bread according to:

http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx?id=breadtop

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 07:17:16 AM »
400 for white bread according to:

http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx?id=breadtop

Add cheese, chicken, dressing and you are close to at least 800-1000 calories by my guess.   

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 08:58:20 AM »
Big Ach!

How was the sub, man?

Are you on-track? Meal three is coming up.

I always find if I can stay on track with the diet for three weeks hardcore, then the rest of the weeks seem to unfold a little easier. Like I'm programming a behavior....

Also, why the Syntrax? Just curious. I don't know anyone who drinks the stuff.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 09:13:05 AM »
 ;D
V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 09:14:04 AM »
Ach - is this the diet you followed in the past? 

I like subway - but I never really felt the calorie numbers were accurate for the volume of food being eaten. 

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »

Nope.

I think those 1 foot subways are well over 1k calories easily.

8)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 09:20:40 AM »
Less keyboard and food, more cardio tubby! Go go go go!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 09:24:37 AM »
 :o
V

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:43 AM »

I overestimate those Just to be safe, and to be clear, I get the subs totally plain, just bread and chicken nothing else. Totally dry.

Big Ach!

How was the sub, man?

Are you on-track? Meal three is coming up.

I always find if I can stay on track with the diet for three weeks hardcore, then the rest of the weeks seem to unfold a little easier. Like I'm programming a behavior....

Also, why the Syntrax? Just curious. I don't know anyone who drinks the stuff.

Yes I'm on track first two days, so far so good.  Got a light craving last night so had some sugar free gum and  cup of tea with splenda. 

Why the syntrax? because I absolutely love the taste of the cookies and cream flavor,  its like I'm cheating on my diet with that.  Plus its a protein blend, not just whey protein, not to stress over little shit, But just like the taste really :-)

Ach - is this the diet you followed in the past? 

I like subway - but I never really felt the calorie numbers were accurate for the volume of food being eaten. 

Yes this was pretty much the diet I followed in the past, but I usually start at 2500 not 2800.  Not identical, but very close.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »
PS I'm liking the terminator photo shops!!!!!!!