Author Topic: Challenge for all those that think bodybuilding is mostly drugs  (Read 3502 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Challenge for all those that think bodybuilding is mostly drugs
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:52:27 PM »
Good Lord ! I have to laugh when I think back on al the pathetic guys I met who suck as bodybuilders and blame it on "drugs".
Really? If it is all drugs , why not just do what drugs it takes and acomplish the following:
1. Win an NPC national qualifier   2 win an NPC national level pro qualifier and get pro card   
3. win a pro event    4. go the the Olympia and be a top 5 guy.

The guys that claim its' all drugs refuse to admit they lack the basic genetic talent and drive to make it in bodybuilding.
I guess facing the hard reality they lack the goods is tough to deal with.
The disgruntled wannabees always have a laundry list of excuses, from judguing politics to drugs, etc.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Challenge for all those that think bodybuilding is mostly drugs
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 03:55:24 PM »
Most people who say "its all drugs" also know its about the genetic response to drugs. When I say, "its all drugs" I am also implying that the particular person has an insane genetic response to drugs. So its drugs and genetics.

As for drive LOL! Paul Dillet and Flex Wheeler were extremely lazy in the gym, and both could be considered great bodybuilder.

If you have great genetics and access to the best drugs, you can easily become a pro with a shitty work ethic. Thats how important drugs and genetics are. Maybe you wont be ronnie coleman, but with the right genes, you will look like Flex Wheeler.
X

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »
Good Lord ! I have to laugh when I think back on al the pathetic guys I met who suck as bodybuilders and blame it on "drugs".
Really? If it is all drugs , why not just do what drugs it takes and acomplish the following:
1. Win an NPC national qualifier   2 win an NPC national level pro qualifier and get pro card   

The guys that claim its' all drugs refuse to admit they lack the basic genetic talent and drive to make it in bodybuilding.
The disgruntled wannabees always have a laundry list of excuses, from judguing politics to drugs, etc.

i also lack the inclination to be a homosexual or a taxi driver...

i'm a big strong guy who  trains naturally

bodybuilding is a failed sport

and there are far too many drugs involved

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 03:57:14 PM »
drug access is an issue for most.  also many people don't want to spend ages 40 and up with no cartilage and hooked up to a dialysis machine

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »
I really think I could do something with it, but I'm not willing to kill myself for it.

MikMaq

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »
Most people who say "its all drugs" also know its about the genetic response to drugs. When I say, "its all drugs" I am also implying that the particular person has an insane genetic response to drugs. So its drugs and genetics.

That's all that need to be said, all DRUGS!!!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 04:05:52 PM »

Outstanding post.....I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 04:06:28 PM »
I really think I could do something with it, but I'm not willing to kill myself for it.

I'm in the same camp and had no desire to spend the $$ or take the risks, etc.
BUT, I didn't say that drugs were the reason I didn't become a pro BB.
In all modesty I did better in actual contests then most here at GET Big .
The best guys have the basic talent for the sport and the rest of us don't.
Just admit that and move on is my deal.
Why make a million excuses is my thread question.?????

dustin

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 04:06:59 PM »
Okay, you're right, Howard. It's a bit more than all drugs. You need to suck dick to place ahead in competitions or to get sponsors. And you need to sell drugs to be able to pay for your drugs, so you have to be comfortable with inflating prices and selling to utter douchebags. You're very right, Howard. There's a lot more to bodybuilding than just drugs!

You guys are delusional, listen to Howard. He's a very seasoned schmoe.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »
Outstanding post.....I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Thanks.
It cracks me up how some will come back with the genetics point which is obvious.
If you don't respond to training or steroids or whatever, you won't build impressive muscle size...doah!
Why do some misguided gym rats keep searching for the magic secret drug potion and guru? LOL
If you don't have the talent ( genetics) , then you don't ...end of story.

True Amateur

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »
Thanks.
It cracks me up how some will come back with the genetics point which is obvious.
If you don't respond to training or steroids or whatever, you won't build impressive muscle size...doah!
Why do some misguided gym rats keep searching for the magic secret drug potion and guru? LOL
I give this thread a D-

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »
Okay, you're right, Howard. It's a bit more than all drugs. You need to suck dick to place ahead in competitions or to get sponsors. And you need to sell drugs to be able to pay for your drugs, so you have to be comfortable with inflating prices and selling to utter douchebags. You're very right, Howard. There's a lot more to bodybuilding than just drugs!

So Jay, Ronnie, Lee Haney, Yates and Arnold, etc sucked the judges  dicks? Give me a break.
Yes, plenty of lower tier pros and pro card wannabees did some dumb shit to try to get an edge.
After the dust clears, the legends of bodybuilding got there based on their talent and drive.
Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman have 8 Olympias each ( the record) and never did any of that crap.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
I give this thread a D-

Yeah, truth and mundane facts suck for most getbiggers.
Lots more fun to believe the horseshit from some unknown internet drug guru like GH15.
LOL, at least I'm not trying to sell some BS product and rip people off.

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 04:18:42 PM »

As for drive LOL! Paul Dillet and Flex Wheeler were extremely lazy in the gym, and both could be considered great bodybuilder.

If you have great genetics and access to the best drugs, you can easily become a pro with a shitty work ethic. Thats how important drugs and genetics are. Maybe you wont be ronnie coleman, but with the right genes, you will look like Flex Wheeler.

Calling them lazy is like saying a sprinter is lazy compared to a distance runner. They wernt lazy the just responded to that type of training. Lazy is the weekend warrior who trains and makes no progress.

True Amateur

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 04:21:32 PM »
Yeah, truth and mundane facts suck for most getbiggers.
Lots more fun to believe the horseshit from some unknown internet drug guru like GH15.
LOL, at least I'm not trying to sell some BS product and rip people off.
Whatever dude. I would like to think that I have the credentials to call this thread a D-. Keep whining and we can make that an "F".

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »

hey dustin......go screw yourself.....take your loser attitude somewhere else.

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Whatever dude. I would like to think that I have the credentials to call this thread a D-. Keep whining and we can make that an "F".

What credentials? who are you? Ronnie? Jay? some nobody who does cross fit?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 04:26:12 PM »
Thanks.
Exactly right!

dustin

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »
So Jay, Ronnie, Lee Haney, Yates and Arnold, etc sucked the judges  dicks? Give me a break.
Yes, plenty of lower tier pros and pro card wannabees did some dumb shit to try to get an edge.
After the dust clears, the legends of bodybuilding got there based on their talent and drive.
Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman have 8 Olympias each ( the record) and never did any of that crap.

Not all of them, but some of them have sicked dick, Howie. I'm not against it, it's just not my cup of tea.

hey dustin......go screw yourself.....take your loser attitude somewhere else.

No, you go screw yourself "wild willie". Be real; it's all drugs. There's no shame it in. It's not a sport, it's a hobby. I enjoy the hobby too. No shame. I enjoy leaning the fuck out on tren and masteron, then blowing up on Anadrol and having people stare at me. I like being a jacked up nerd with an awesome physique even though it's not entirely healthy. Face the facts like the rest of us. It is what it is.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 04:32:10 PM »
Calling them lazy is like saying a sprinter is lazy compared to a distance runner. They wernt lazy the just responded to that type of training. Lazy is the weekend warrior who trains and makes no progress.

no, they were lazy. Plain and simple. No need to over analyze things.
X

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
who are these people saying its all drugs? what do they look like and what have they accomplished? makes me wonder why they have given up so easy

True Amateur

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »
What credentials? who are you? Ronnie? Jay? some nobody who does cross fit?
Nice try. I have had active membership in over 50 chat forums, many of which I acted in the capacity of moderator. I have also been a member of a telephone chat line since 1992 and to this day periodically serve as a guest moderator. Those are my credentials, son.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 04:42:13 PM »
No one is denying the training, discipline, food and genetics. The same as in any other bodybuilding org. Only in the Pros. It's drugs and a shit ton of them.

Pottsy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 04:51:59 PM »
Bullshit if you have good genetics and a balanced physique and can train hard and heavy without injury.Load up on upto 8grams of gear a week,eat high protein and get enough rest and boom in the next 10 years you could be an ifbb pro,but once you get your pro card stop all drugs as they are banned just ask JIM M.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 04:55:56 PM »
By the way Howie. The best pros will be the ones with the best genetics on the most drugs. That's the natural order of things. That is assuming all other things are equal such as training, food, discipline and drugs (which they are).