Author Topic: f  (Read 15691 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: I miss the Sopranos
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 02:49:39 PM »
Worst show ever.

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 03:52:26 PM »
Probably the best show in history of television. Needs to be a movie ASAP, and an epic fil like Goodfellas, 3 plus hours, classic actors, etc.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
There was talk when the series was ending about David Chase doing a movie! James Gandofini was sick of Tony Soprano and said he would never play him again! We will see he has really done very little since Sopranos has ended! Maybe he will change his mind if he needs the money!

whitewidow

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 06:05:15 PM »

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the fuck outta here.
Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's like a Russian green beret. He can not come back and tell this story. You understand?
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.
[hangs up]
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.
Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like shit.

Hilarious!!!

In that epsiode(Pine barrens)I love that line as well. Hilarious shit!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »
One of the greatest shows on tv ever.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 06:33:06 PM »

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the fuck outta here.
Tony Soprano: Yeah. Nice, huh? He was with the Interior Ministry. Guy's like a Russian green beret. He can not come back and tell this story. You understand?
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: I hear you.
[hangs up]
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.
Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like shit.

Hilarious!!!

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.
Y

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 09:22:26 PM »
Fucked up society we live in where we glorify crime, drugs, violence, etc

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »
Yeah, was hoping for the movie.

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
Epic Movie would rival the classics like Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco, GodFather, etc. Perfect actors, great lines/delivery, and special effects on murders were awesome.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »
good show. sons of anarchy is an ok replacement

Sons of Anarchy is just too damn fake to watch.  Had they followed the Sopranos lead a little bit it would have been awesome.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 09:45:09 PM »
loved it until the horrible finale, what a joke

E
E

whitewidow

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2013, 01:40:24 AM »

E

I don't get why the ending was such a dissapointment? what did you want a scarface ending? do you understand the ending? I thought it was a perfect ending. I don't think there has been a better show then the sopranos. I think about breaking bad but I dont think the creator of breaking bad expected the success and some of the breaking bad episodes are just to unreal.  The first 2 season of breaking bad were great. Then you have OZ a great show but mainly for men . Not many women would watch oz to violent and brutal but I think oz is a brilliant show and is realistic. All the scams they run in the sopranos were based off of ral recent scams the mafia in NJ were running. The calling cards, the fake stocks,The sports betting, it is all realdeal shit. Made guys getting addicted to drugs and are a high risk to the organization. Even the whole Vito/johnny cakes shit was weird but I think some made guys are gay and might get caught at a homosexual bar and be banished. probably based on true story. The way the books are closed and you have to be very respected for them to open the books if at all. and the way they made christopher is exactly how they do it in real life. chris is also hexed throughout the whole show if you pick-up on all the little clues.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 01:52:31 AM »
In that epsiode(Pine barrens)I love that line as well. Hilarious shit!

I LEAVE YOU HERE, YOU ONE SHOE COVKSUCKA !!!

Lol

whitewidow

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 01:59:21 AM »
I LEAVE YOU HERE, YOU ONE SHOE COVKSUCKA !!!

Lol

chris find ketchup ,mustard and relish packets in the abondoned truck-love this line as well.

chris opens one and eats a ketchup packet. then pauli grabs a few diffrent packets

Paulie-
"Not bad mix it with the relish"

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:17 AM »
Fucked up society we live in where we glorify crime, drugs, violence, etc

yeah, everyone of us would like to live a life of those Soprano characters but in  reality  >:(

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 02:37:35 AM »
Tony meeting Richie after Richie drove over beansie with his car.

Tony Soprano: I thought I told you to back off Beansie!
Richie Aprile: I did. Then I put it in Drive.

Lol

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 02:52:57 AM »

E

My guess you didn't understand the ending it was one of the best maybe not most spectacular endings but very deep and you could see a lot of thought was put into the ending

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 04:09:08 AM »
Best series ever!

I have authentic autograph cards with Aida Turtorro and "hesh". Priced possessions.  :)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2013, 04:11:48 AM »
Me too.   :'(

Pine Barrens was the best sopranos episode. Just amazing script and acting.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2013, 08:23:31 AM »
i prefer breaking bad over sopranos just because it really goes into the shocking and gritty details of how dangerous and scary organized crime is. sopranos focused more on omerta and the drama of being a mafioso.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »
Tony did not even lift but scored alot of whores why is that?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »
i dont miss

tony: insecure self hating balding fatty with ILS, no calves and a lisp

carmella: materialistic worthless bitch

AJ: an absolute beta male

arthur: stumbling loser with no balls

subtitled show in your country  :P

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »
Watch this scene

^^
Did the rapist meet a bad ending finally??

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »

LOL!!!1

LOL indeed :)

I thought the show's production staff got a little big for their britches.  It was good stuff, but it seemed like the David Chases and ilk REALLY let the success go to their heads.  That's when the ridiculously long hiatuses between seasons started.  And I won't even comment on the series finale.  Chase had to know he'd draw plenty of flak about it but, when confronted, he acted like a bigger, sniveling baby than Steve Weinerberger (or whatever the fuck, that big, perpetually red-faced, really angry-looking bald asshole married to Bev Francis) when Wayne Demilia called out the judging panel that year at the NOC.  (I think Ruehl placed 4th?  Something like that.  It was a complete bullshit result so the crowd went insane, then Demilia introduced the judges to the crowd, ROTFLMAO.  Weiner stood up, gave the crowd the finger and screamed obscenities at them, but was eventually drown out.  What a gent, that man!  ::)  Stupid guy biting the hand that fed him, his drug habits and his bullshit side "job.")

I digress.  Yeah, Chase whined like a real bitch when a lot of people didn't like the way "The Sopranos" ended.  I thought it was a bit chickenshit myself.  Why not end the show with Tony getting popped in front of his family?  Or better yet, have a hitman miss and shoot that sweet thing Meadow Soprano by accident.  Seeing her bleed out in that restaurant would've been poetic justice.

But, yet AGAIN, I digress.  The Sopranos' greatest strength was its ability to mix comedy with extreme violence.  And sweet Jesus, could that show be funny as fuck :D  Pretty much anytime Paulie Walnuts was onscreen, you knew something funny could happen:  when he and Chrissy went to collect from Valery, when the waiter came out to complain to those two about his lack of tip, Paulie and Silvio literally *ringing* that Jew fella's bell ... and, of course, there are all of the things related to Paulie and [who he thought was] his "Ma," like the little old ladies, one of whom was a "malignant girl," who eschewed poor Ms. Gaulterrie at the old folks' home, Ralphie's crank call to Paulie's mom, him sending flunkies after his old pal, now a school principal, for not straightening out the situation at the retirement home ...

OH!  And who could forget this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HfRzQBHIP4

Yeah.  When the show was on, it was ON.  And for additional comedic value, Uncle Jr. is hard to top.  Dominic is a brilliant actor, even behind those Coke bottle glasses :)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
Long Term Parking - Another GREAT episode.  The acting between Christopher & Ade is awesome!  And then the moment she realizes it's the end for her :'(  :'(  :'(

: