Author Topic: Question for the Getbig Brain Trust about Fat Loss  (Read 14823 times)

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: Question for the Getbig Brain Trust about Fat Loss
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Good post.

Same goes for the whole 'muscle memory' mantra. Most of the time the 'muscle' memory miracle happens when someone's built a good base of muscle, stops training completely for few months (but still eats over 2K kcals a day) and and soon as they start training again, after 2 weeks they look 80% the 'size' they were before - not so much, muscles magically rebuilding themselves lol but muscles tissie being replenished by nutrients, and resistance, inflammation from the heavy loads and water/glucose retention.

Again, totally agree.

Look at Levrone, for example. Or Arnold, or any bodybuilder from the 70s for that matter. Most of the pros back then would go off all stuff, go do normal things with their lives, and shrink to non-competition weights. Then they'd run a course, work hard for a couple months, do a show, and repeat.

Once you've built it, it's pretty hard to lose it. You really need to stop for a very long time to lose it. But what's also amazing is that even if you stop for a long time, you never really forget HOW to train to build your muscles. You still remember what's a good program or bad one, which exercises you like, how to eat, etc...so when you do get serious after a 3 or 5 year lay-off, you can build back up in no time.

When I did grad school, I trained a grand total of about 10 times over the course of 4 years. As soon as I wrapped up, I built it all back within about 4-5 months. The strength came back very, very fast (like, 2 months, maybe). The size came a little slower, and then there it was (as measured by calipers). The harder part, though, was getting rid of the fat that added itself on to my body from not working out and focusing on studies. That took as long as it typically takes to burn it all off. I was actually surprised at how easy it was for me to get fat from doing nothing. Taught me a lesson.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 10:00:28 AM »
LOL.  Im in damn good shape already there Erkle. 
Sure you are, Screech.  ::)

What's the point of doing steroids with your disability check, when you only go to the gym and then come home and post on getbig for sixteen hours a day? LOL

!

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »
Just buy a bioelectrical impedance scale. They're pretty affordable ($50, I think, or less).

They aren't precise, but they're accurate (there's a difference).

If you step on it once, it will not give you your precise bodyfat (it can vary wildly). But who cares what actual percent BF you are.

What matters is the accuracy on repeated measurements to track changes. That's where the scale is useful. If you step on it at the same time every day, day after day, you will see where the changes are coming from (fat vs muscle).

I have one. I step on it every morning after I piss when I wake up. Write down what it says. Track the changes. It's easy. And the numbers don't fluctuate wildly.

Now, when I prep for a show, a week or two out, the stupid scale will say I'm at 1% BF, which is stupid. I'm probably at 6% or 7%, realistically. But when I first diet, I step on and it'll say 22% or 23% or something like that. Then, I just keep tweaking my diet bit by bit until I see the numbers start to move. Then I know I ride out that caloric intake until I stagnate, then I have to cut a few more calories. Or bump up the cardio. Whatever I feel I can handle at the time.

Or just up the T3. That always works too.

this is probably the worst advice i could think of.

#1, those bioelectrical impedance devices are complete shit. Food and drink intake can change the bf reading WILDLY throughout the day. Meaning one morning you can be 15%, 10pm that night you can be 8%, the next morning you can be 12%, all at the same bodyweight. Anybody with an IQ of >50 can tell you that is not possible. A month ago I calipered my bf at 5.3%, yet the bioelectrical impedance device we have at the gym STILL put me at 14%. With THIN skin, feathered lats,biceps, and triceps, striated quads, veins all across the abs, lats, and traps. No fucking way was I anywhere near 14% Although I didn't need that incident to tell me the bioelectrical impedance things are crap... THAT I already knew.

#2, if the guy doesn't want to lose muscle, increasing the T3 is the LAST thing he should be doing.. hell, even USING T3 is a POOR, POOR idea. At the very least run Clen and/or Ephederine HCL/Caffine/Yohimbine HCL... (with some test, tren, and halo... and ghrp2, cjc, igf1 lr3, igf1 des... lol)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
Sure you are, Screech.  ::)

What's the point of doing steroids with your disability check, when you only go to the gym and then come home and post on getbig for sixteen hours a day? LOL

White Plains, NYSC any night of the week jerkoff.  Ill even pick up the guest fee for your broke ass

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »
this is probably the worst advice i could think of.

#1, those bioelectrical impedance devices are complete shit. Food and drink intake can change the bf reading WILDLY throughout the day. Meaning one morning you can be 15%, 10pm that night you can be 8%, the next morning you can be 12%, all at the same bodyweight. Anybody with an IQ of >50 can tell you that is not possible. A month ago I calipered my bf at 5.3%, yet the bioelectrical impedance device we have at the gym STILL put me at 14%. With THIN skin, feathered lats,biceps, and triceps, striated quads, veins all across the abs, lats, and traps. No fucking way was I anywhere near 14% Although I didn't need that incident to tell me the bioelectrical impedance things are crap... THAT I already knew.

#2, if the guy doesn't want to lose muscle, increasing the T3 is the LAST thing he should be doing.. hell, even USING T3 is a POOR, POOR idea. At the very least run Clen and/or Ephederine HCL/Caffine/Yohimbine HCL... (with some test, tren, and halo... and ghrp2, cjc, igf1 lr3, igf1 des... lol)

You're an illiterate idiot. I find your lack of comprehension to be distasteful. You are simply obtuse.

But why don't I respond, since I enjoy pointing out the shortcomings in others.

I never said BI would give you your true BF percentage at any point in time. I said it was useful in tracking changes, when used at the same time of the day. Of course, that's what I wrote. But since you're a numbskull, you simply skimmed through it, thought you understood, and then refused to employ analytical thought in an effort to help reinforce your entrenched (albeit mentally retarded) belief systems. Congratulations. You have stopped learning. Enjoy your time digging ditches. I'd ask you to re-read what I wrote, but that's a lot of work for you. Why not take the next play off and sit the bench champ...you've done enough today.

And increasing the T3 part was a joke, you nitwit. Of course, since I'm quite sure analytical thought processes and comprehension have evaded you thus far, I'll go ahead assume humor was also left out of your developmental skillset.

So in summation, I'll simplify this for your delayed mental capacities. You are not qualified to contribute to the thread. Please re-set yourself, gather up your things, and check out the misc forum on bodybuilding.com. I'm sure you'll find some like-minded 13 year olds who will see things your way over there.

Congratulations on failing high school, which I'll assume you in fact, did. I'm sure your parents' chests swell with pride whenever they pass your shanty under the over-pass as they head to work in the morning. Or do you still live in their basement eating Cheetos and playing X-Box?

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 12:34:13 PM »

:-X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »
I thought this thread was about fat loss... oh, well never mind ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 12:50:05 PM »
Again, totally agree.

Look at Levrone, for example. Or Arnold, or any bodybuilder from the 70s for that matter. Most of the pros back then would go off all stuff, go do normal things with their lives, and shrink to non-competition weights. Then they'd run a course, work hard for a couple months, do a show, and repeat.

Once you've built it, it's pretty hard to lose it. You really need to stop for a very long time to lose it. But what's also amazing is that even if you stop for a long time, you never really forget HOW to train to build your muscles. You still remember what's a good program or bad one, which exercises you like, how to eat, etc...so when you do get serious after a 3 or 5 year lay-off, you can build back up in no time.

When I did grad school, I trained a grand total of about 10 times over the course of 4 years. As soon as I wrapped up, I built it all back within about 4-5 months. The strength came back very, very fast (like, 2 months, maybe). The size came a little slower, and then there it was (as measured by calipers). The harder part, though, was getting rid of the fat that added itself on to my body from not working out and focusing on studies. That took as long as it typically takes to burn it all off. I was actually surprised at how easy it was for me to get fat from doing nothing. Taught me a lesson.

Good post.

Lots of quality and useful information in this thread!

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
oh, i can read quite well you dicksucking homo.

where do you live? I'm in Palm Springs m-f and San Diego on weekends, I'll be happy to visit you anywhere from there to Orange County to Los Angeles.

Leave you email, and bring your wife/gf so i can throatfuck her in front of you.

back to your retarded use of a bodyfat scale... how the fuck do you expect to "TRACK" changes when the readings will change THROUGHOUT THE DAY depending on what you eat and drink? FUCK you're a moron.

I'm SERIOUS about me meeting you. Talk tuff on the internet you dick sucking pencil neck. I spent 5 years in the pen choking the shit our of ab-rats, n*ggers, and indians with knifes bigger than your dick.

Hahaha...ok "ExtremeHomo"...everyone's a tough keyboard warrior on the internet. You get riled up pretty easy. Stop repressing your desires...I might not like your tough-guy come-ons, but there are many here who would.

If I had a buck everytime one of you "I spent time in the pen" guys threatened me, I'd be a millionaire. If you saw me in real life, you'd shine my shoes and ask for a job driving me around town. Tell you what, when mom lets you out of the basement, scrape together a few bucks and go back to school and get an education. I can use people like you at my company. We're always in need of people to tar the drive-way and keep the weeds down in the corporate garden. Worst-case scenario, you can load and unload my weights at the gym. Maybe I can show you how to build your 150-lb twink body into a more manly physique to match that big tough attitude of yours.

Also, maybe if you spoke nicely to your cellmates, you wouldn't have had to "choke" them, as you say, before engaging in unprotected prison sex with them. But whatever floats your boat.

I'd make the same offer to your wife, but I'm not really into having sex with men. Not that there's anything wrong with that...I hope you and Jamal are happy at your half-way house, you degenerate.

Hahaha...oh brother. We got a live one here.

And to answer your question "ExponentiallyHardheaded", I know the fucking machine changes throughout the day depending on what you eat or drink, you waste of oxygen. Christ, I feel like I'm talking to a wall. Maybe they should have locked you up in a mental ward instead of a maximum security pen. What was your crime...being stupid? I said if you step on the scale at the same time, every day (in the morning, when you wake, after a piss), then the water content in the body isn't changed by what you've eaten or drank. It can get good at measuring the same body at the same time, with less fluctuation to the actual result, and therefore, better precision.

But why am I arguing with you? Shouldn't you be reporting to your parole officer on how hard it is to hold down your job at Bob's Burger joint cleaning out the grease trap?

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »
 :-X

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 02:16:50 PM »

with all your $$$, what the fuck are you doing here on getbig? you fucking clown. AT MOST you make $80k a year and probably drive AT MOST a preowned Jag.

what am i doing here? I'm waiting on a client.. worth 30x what you'll make in your lifetime.

burger joint? halfway house? lol.. laughable.

im waiting on the email sissy. since you didn't say you live nowhere near me, i ASSUME you do, however your cowardice prevents you from saying so. I suppose I could search through all 2k of your posts, or pay one of my employees to search it for me... but that'd be a waste of time and $50, the fact remains, you're a coward... a pencilneck, on a bodybuilding msg board.

Wow Shawhshank...you certainly sound tough, successful and wealthy. Welcome to getbig, where everyone is a black belt in jiu jitsu with billions in the bank. Oh, but I'm sure you're the only one...right. Post up your pics and prove to us all how tough you are. Post the tax ID to your company, so we can properly evaluate your earning potential.

Tell you what, let's call a truce. I have no interest in setting off your little temper and having you rage around your cell and get stuck in the hole. Internet threats are as useless as tits on a bull.

Here what I'll do: I promise I won't tell the D.A about your thinly veiled internet threats. Three strikes and you're out, there, tough guy.

In return, all I ask is that you take the prison shiv you fashioned out of a toothbrush when you were in solitary for masturbating into your morning oatmeal, and do us all a favor, and castrate yourself so we can be sure you won't breed.

Sound fair?

I don't want to take anymore time away from you slinging dope on the street to crackwhores. Sounds like you've got a nice lucrative business going.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 02:19:58 PM »
Grab the popcorn!

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 05:15:42 PM »
Wow Shawhshank...you certainly sound tough, successful and wealthy. Welcome to getbig, where everyone is a black belt in jiu jitsu with billions in the bank. Oh, but I'm sure you're the only one...right. Post up your pics and prove to us all how tough you are. Post the tax ID to your company, so we can properly evaluate your earning potential.

Tell you what, let's call a truce. I have no interest in setting off your little temper and having you rage around your cell and get stuck in the hole. Internet threats are as useless as tits on a bull.

Here what I'll do: I promise I won't tell the D.A about your thinly veiled internet threats. Three strikes and you're out, there, tough guy.

In return, all I ask is that you take the prison shiv you fashioned out of a toothbrush when you were in solitary for masturbating into your morning oatmeal, and do us all a favor, and castrate yourself so we can be sure you won't breed.

Sound fair?

I don't want to take anymore time away from you slinging dope on the street to crackwhores. Sounds like you've got a nice lucrative business going.

now you're a snitch? tell the D.A. what exactly? Email me, i'll give you the # to his office, chump. "thinly veiled threats". bwahaha... fucking rat. and you want a 'truce'. lol

you call me an internet tough guy? yet, you're the pussy who insulted me and refuses to meet up or say where you're located.. which tells me you're within distance. holy fuck you're a coward.. your wife/gf/family/kids/nieces/nefews must be proud to call you family... pussy... you're a straight up pussy.

EH

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 05:20:04 PM »
dieting w/o androgens you will absolutely lose muscle.

how do you judge it? experience.... and a combination of watching scale weight and watching the mirror for seperation, vasularity, striations, feathering.. ect...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »
I remember this supp called Dymetedrine by AST back in the day.   That stuff burned off the fat but i was jittery all day. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »
efedrine is very good for fatloss, maybe the best.it supresses hunger, its remarkable.

then melatononin, the stuff to get dark skin, isnt too bad either, one of the sides is it kills hunger on high doses.but it kills it so bad,i could only eat sweets and cakes bc of that and not much else. :P

I think Dymet was banned right? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 05:56:41 PM »
i dont know much about the american market :P

Basically the most effective supps are banned, I have to look it up.   I tried hydroxycut and thought it was a complete ripoff. 

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 06:02:47 PM »
I think Dymet was banned right? 

Dymetadrine was just Ephedrine..you can bulk that at walgreens or any drug store...

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 06:03:04 PM »
Basically the most effective supps are banned, I have to look it up.   I tried hydroxycut and thought it was a complete ripoff. 

Hydroxycut in 1997 was hardcore.  Jitters and you couldn't eat because you felt sick.  No wonder it worked...lol.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 06:10:23 PM »
Hydroxycut in 1997 was hardcore.  Jitters and you couldn't eat because you felt sick.  No wonder it worked...lol.

Hydroxycut was just ECA sold by muscletech..It worked great..

I used rRipped fuel by Twinlab, cause it was the cheapest and sold everywhere.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »

Something avbout downing 4 big pills with nasty shit inside will do that.    ;D  ;D  ;D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
Hydroxycut gave me terrible anxiety.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
now you're a snitch? tell the D.A. what exactly? Email me, i'll give you the # to his office, chump. "thinly veiled threats". bwahaha... fucking rat. and you want a 'truce'. lol

you call me an internet tough guy? yet, you're the pussy who insulted me and refuses to meet up or say where you're located.. which tells me you're within distance. holy fuck you're a coward.. your wife/gf/family/kids/nieces/nefews must be proud to call you family... pussy... you're a straight up pussy.

Hahahaha....ok "EH"...clearly there are things and I touched a nerve. Jesus you get angry fast.

Take it easy broseph...you'll live longer. It's just the internet. Save the fury for when you'll need it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:44 PM »

That was by far the best thermo EVER.

If they brought that formula back, I'd buy it by the case load.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 01:10:39 AM »
oh, i can read quite well you dicksucking homo.

where do you live? I'm in Palm Springs m-f and San Diego on weekends, I'll be happy to visit you anywhere from there to Orange County to Los Angeles.

Leave you email, and bring your wife/gf so i can throatfuck her in front of you.

back to your retarded use of a bodyfat scale... how the fuck do you expect to "TRACK" changes when the readings will change THROUGHOUT THE DAY depending on what you eat and drink? FUCK you're a moron.

I'm SERIOUS about me meeting you. Talk tuff on the internet you dick sucking pencil neck. I spent 5 years in the pen choking the shit our of ab-rats, n*ggers, and indians with knifes bigger than your dick.
[/b]

Hahaha beautiful