Author Topic: "Obama should unilaterally raise debt ceiling like lincoln freed the slaves"  (Read 1694 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Anything from a credible source?

What does an African state have to do with US politics?

Why do you insist on bringing simplistic racism to this board?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Anything from a credible source?

What does an African state have to do with US politics?

Why do you insist on bringing simplistic racism to this board?

That was the congressmans' quote, not mine. 

As for the zimbabwe reference - they tried unlimited debt remember? 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
That was the congressmans' quote, not mine. 

As for the zimbabwe reference - they tried unlimited debt remember? 

your country is running a structural deficit, same as mine... eliminating the deficit at this time WOULD cause an immediate recession

there is no argument here

tonymctones

• Getbig V

your country is running a structural deficit, same as mine... eliminating the deficit at this time WOULD cause an immediate recession

there is no argument here
relying only on taxes and cuts to future spending wont eliminate the deficit either and it certainly wont eliminate the debt.

sooner or later the middle class will get the brunt of the tax hikes as there are not enough rich ppl to tax.

THERE IS NO ARGUMENT HERE...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
relying only on taxes and cuts to future spending wont eliminate the deficit either and it certainly wont eliminate the debt.

sooner or later the middle class will get the brunt of the tax hikes as there are not enough rich ppl to tax.

fair enough

but we would disagree on where to cut (i favor the elimination of 90% of the formal US military)

that would REALLY help fix the deficit/debt and reduce the amount of interest on the existing debt by a STAGGERING amount...

tab the image to be able to read it

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Lincoln didn't free the slaves. He made a proclamation towards slaves in the rebelling/separate country. He didn't free the slaves in the border/neutral states.  Not really anything to do with what is at hand, but most don't realize that. By the way, I think slavery was bad, so this isn't a racist post.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Did I just read somewhere in this thread that eliminating the debt would lead to a recession?  ::) ::) ::)

You can't make this stuff up. Its too stupid to be true.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Did I just read somewhere in this thread that eliminating the debt would lead to a recession?  ::) ::) ::)

Having extra money in the bank ALWAYS leads to financial crisis.

:/

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

i dont know why you think there arent enough rich people to tax.  the wealthy people hold most of the wealth. thats where ALL the money is.  i think what you mean to say is that you dont think its possible to get the government to take the wealth away from them.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

he was talking about the defecit not the debt and eliminating the defecit would require large tax increases and/or large spending decreases and that would absolutely at the least cause  short term recession