Author Topic: Question  (Read 638 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Question
« on: January 05, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »
  Leo says this in the trailer for Django... "Why don't they just rise up and kill the whites?"  BUT   this was NOT in the movie. It was replaced by a story of why a black barber did not kill his dad with a razor. Answers?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 07:07:57 PM »
I don't know, but this reminds me of back in the day of the first Batman, and Jack Nicholson says "where does he get those wonderful toys", but in the movie when I watched, it was cut short to "wonderful toys".  Like it was edited fucked up. I saw it later and same thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember it that way.

Only thing I can think of to your question, arce, is that they thought maybe it would cause folks in the theatre to get "uppity" like back in the day of Boyz in tha Hood.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:18:57 PM »
  Leo says this in the trailer for Django... "Why don't they just rise up and kill the whites?"  BUT   this was NOT in the movie. It was replaced by a story of why a black barber did not kill his dad with a razor. Answers?

Hmmmm? Maybe it was to go with their theme that Django was different, really different and rare,  that's what makes him interesting?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
Now black people are going to start naming their kids "Django".

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »
  I guess they just change scripts, scenes, etc., a LOT

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »
I've been told that many movie scripts have been changed as a result of the Auroa, Colorado, Batman massacare.

I also hear from reliable sources that the scripts were changed during the filming of REACHER and DJANGO and a number of other films that have yet to be released.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »

It was in mine.  I know so, because my friend turned to me and commented about it.

I don't know, but this reminds me of back in the day of the first Batman, and Jack Nicholson says "where does he get those wonderful toys", but in the movie when I watched, it was cut short to "wonderful toys".  Like it was edited fucked up. I saw it later and same thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember it that way.

Nope, just watched my copy on DVD and that line is in.