Author Topic: Mom protecting children shoots intruder 5 times, MSNBC calls her "trigger happy"  (Read 22848 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Canada is a nanny state - hope that helps.

i didn't say it was wrong... i said that in canada she would likely be prosecuted for manslaughter

that's my understanding of the typical burglary process

it was the first thing that came to my mind... again without wanting to get into a pissing contest i did a lot of target shooting as a younger man... a 38 revolver is not considered a highly accurate weapon... even with training in a stressful situation from a crawl space (not a good shooting stance) even at close range you will not score 5/6 on target...

there's more to this story but the right wing will immediately use this as leverage against the president showing that no matter how many other clearly preventable deaths occur due to handguns in home with children this one case of possible heroism makes up for any 'unfortunate' situations where more guns would have made everybody safer.

http://www.iansa.org/news/2012/03/us-over-3000-children-killed-by-guns-every-year

"Just over 3,000 children are killed and 17,500 are injured by guns every year in the US, according to the blog site ‘Kid shootings’, run by members of Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation, Protect Minnesota and States United to Prevent Gun Violence. "

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Canada is a nanny state - hope that helps.

i understand that you are using the term 'nanny state' in the pejorative sense but the term's british origin was far less negative... some nanny is a good thing

tonymctones

• Getbig V
it was the first thing that came to my mind... again without wanting to get into a pissing contest i did a lot of target shooting as a younger man... a 38 revolver is not considered a highly accurate weapon... even with training in a stressful situation from a crawl space (not a good shooting stance) even at close range you will not score 5/6 on target...
LMFAO so thats your experience, target shooting as a child? whoa look out everybody!!!

so you dont think that you can hit a neck and head sized area from 3 feet away? I gotta tell you bro I see why you gave up target shooting.

I can tell you from personal experience as well that your little 6 iron with the shaft wrapped with E-Tape(to prevent shining in the dark) wont do shit against a person whos determined to do you harm, especially anybody with any type of training in how to handle themselves in a physical altercation.

better get back to the range and practice that shooting and I dont mean the driving range hoss.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
LMFAO so thats your experience, target shooting as a child? whoa look out everybody!!!

so you dont think that you can hit a neck and head sized area from 3 feet away? I gotta tell you bro I see why you gave up target shooting.

I can tell you from personal experience as well that your little 6 iron with the shaft wrapped with E-Tape(to prevent shining in the dark) wont do shit against a person whos determined to do you harm, especially anybody with any type of training in how to handle themselves in a physical altercation.

better get back to the range and practice that shooting and I dont mean the driving range hoss.

even the minor recoil from a 38 would make it hard to put repeated shots on a target... especially if she was shooting rapidly in a panic as the story would suggest

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I usually side with the foreigners on these matters, im European myself.

But in this case i support the woman.

She could have shot him 300 times for all i care. He broke into her house and her kids lives were in danger.

She did the right thing.

Your kids lives > some random thug

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I usually side with the foreigners on these matters, im European myself.

But in this case i support the woman.

She could have shot him 300 times for all i care. He broke into her house and her kids lives were in danger.

She did the right thing.

Your kids lives > some random thug

What euro mess are you from.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
What euro mess are you from.

Denmark.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

even the minor recoil from a 38 would make it hard to put repeated shots on a target... especially if she was shooting rapidly in a panic as the story would suggest
It was a revolver which means double action which inherently slows down the time between shots. They were in a crawl space in a closet which means the criminal was at most 3 feet away and that's I'd he was in the doorway an not in the closet and her arms weren't extended.

The more you talk the more I realize you know basically nothing about guns and self defense

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
fourth and I really cannot stress this enough nobody gives a shit about what would have happend in canada or canada in general so you can keep that type of shit to yourself. I dont think anybody will be on jeopardy anytime soon and pick the category "stupid ass laws in canada"

;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It was a revolver which means double action which inherently slows down the time between shots. They were in a crawl space in a closet which means the criminal was at most 3 feet away and that's I'd he was in the doorway an not in the closet and her arms weren't extended.

The more you talk the more I realize you know basically nothing about guns and self defense

You dont to know anything about guns and selfdefence. This is logic.

You and your kids lives or a Thugs? Its a no-brainer.

Its a shame she didnt kill him now taxpayers has to feed this creep.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You dont to know anything about guns and selfdefence. This is logic.

You and your kids lives or a Thugs? Its a no-brainer.

Its a shame she didnt kill him now taxpayers has to feed this creep.

Ususally I think we should move to more liberal drug laws, but then some posters from those countries come here and post and I consider my position to severe re-evaluation. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
most likely the bitches fault for not answering the door. lmao.  people usually dont try to rob a house when people are home. you go ring the doorbell and wait. if nobody answers, ring again. no answer, ring a million times. if nobody answers after you do that, then its usually safe to go ahead and break in.   this method is used by thiefs who arent looking to hurt anybody and arent looking to get caught either. 
  btw,  not buying the story that she hit the dude 5 times to the face and neck before he fell to the ground. that just sounds completely impluasible.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
most likely the bitches fault for not answering the door. lmao.  people usually dont try to rob a house when people are home. you go ring the doorbell and wait. if nobody answers, ring again. no answer, ring a million times. if nobody answers after you do that, then its usually safe to go ahead and break in.   this method is used by thiefs who arent looking to hurt anybody and arent looking to get caught either. 
  btw,  not buying the story that she hit the dude 5 times to the face and neck before he fell to the ground. that just sounds completely impluasible.

Go back to bed 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Go back to bed 

Obviously it's her fault he broke in for not answering the door.

::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

Go back to bed 
sorry for disturbing your preconceptions 3333..  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
sorry for disturbing your preconceptions 3333..  ;D

Yeah its her fault he broke in.   ::)  ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Yeah its her fault he broke in.   ::)  ::)
not quite, but if she would have answered the door i think the dude would have moved on to the next house and no one need get frightened in their own home or murdered.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
not quite, but if she would have answered the door i think the dude would have moved on to the next house and no one need get frightened in their own home or murdered.

Didn't your mother teach you to not open the door for strangers when you were a kid?

She had a reason for that you know.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

How do you know that?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Didn't your mother teach you to not open the door for strangers when you were a kid?

She had a reason for that you know.
sounds like a good rule for a 6 year old when home alone.  sounds like a real sketchy rule for an adult.

How do you know that?
burglars usually dont rob homes while people are in them, not by choice at least. they ring the doorbell to see if anyone is home. if theres no answer after several rings then they assume no one is inside and proceed to break in. thats for their own safety and also for the safety of the homeowner as well. just cuz someone is a thief doesnt mean they are violent as well. lots of people just looking for some cash and dont want to hurt anybody. look for empty homes to rob by ringing the doorbell.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
sounds like a good rule for a 6 year old when home alone.  sounds like a real sketchy rule for an adult.
 burglars usually dont rob homes while people are in them, not by choice at least. they ring the doorbell to see if anyone is home. if theres no answer after several rings then they assume no one is inside and proceed to break in. thats for their own safety and also for the safety of the homeowner as well. just cuz someone is a thief doesnt mean they are violent as well. lots of people just looking for some cash and dont want to hurt anybody. look for empty homes to rob by ringing the doorbell.
You don't know what he came into the house to do.

He may have been ringing the door for quicker access to hurt them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Fuck MSN.

That's not necessarily MSNBC is it?

no it is not

but then why would a detail like that matter on this board

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
no it is not

but then why would a detail like that matter on this board

If it didn't matter, then I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If it didn't matter, then I wouldn't have mentioned it.

and you mentioned it on page 1 and still the person who started this thread hasn't bothered to correct the error