Author Topic: Mom protecting children shoots intruder 5 times, MSNBC calls her "trigger happy"  (Read 22840 times)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
This is a fair point.

Again, good point.

Yes.  No matter from what angle you view it, the story will hold itself - down to the fact she was in a closet, very possibly with her back against a wall.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham

Bump your thread from several months ago in which you asked for help in budgeting a grocery list.
We'll start there.

:)
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
how is it relevant? its the only fucking thing that i care about.  and its the only reason why she shot him so many times. and its the only reason why the story wwas news worthy. and its the only reason why the story was titled "trigger happy woman..".

the only thing i wanted to do in this thread was get tommy, you, and others who had posted on the first page acting all disgusted and high-and-mighty because the paper titled the story the way it did  to realize that the title of the story was perfectly fitting.  calling her trigger happy doesnt diminish her right to shoot the guy. it doesnt make her evil. it doesnt mean we should take guns away from everybody. it just means she shot more than she had to.  and the story being reported on wasnt that she shot the dude, it was that she shot the dude 5 times in the face. she shot him once, twice, three times, didnt stop there but hit him again, and once more for good measure. he was already down, and she shot him again.  no reason for that whatsoever. TRIGGER HAPPY. thats the story.  nothing disgusting about reporting it.   it would be disgusting if the media was celebrating the fact she shot him.

This is why you are an idiot... The chick unloaded on him and you label it trigger happy... HE BROKE INTO HER HOUSE... She DID NOT break into his.

You are insane.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

Bump your thread from several months ago in which you asked for help in budgeting a grocery list.
We'll start there.

that would be basic mathematics, not economics. plus, i wasnt asking for help budgeting, i was asking for people to share the best deals they had found and where they found them.   nice spin..  :-*

A news outlet calling someone trigger happy is clearly a form of judgement and condemnation.

Below is the definition of trigger happy according to websters. It's completely unfair to label a woman defending herself and her children in these terms. 

1 : irresponsible in the use of firearms; especially : inclined to shoot before clearly identifying the target
2 a : inclined to be irresponsible in matters that might precipitate war
   b : aggressively belligerent in attitude

she shot him after he was already on the ground from previous gun shots to the head

This is why you are an idiot... The chick unloaded on him and you label it trigger happy... HE BROKE INTO HER HOUSE... She DID NOT break into his.

You are insane.

see my above response to archer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
that would be basic mathematics, not economics. plus, i wasnt asking for help budgeting, i was asking for people to share the best deals they had found and where they found them.   nice spin..  :-*
 she shot him after he was already on the ground from previous gun shots to the head

I do not care... If you broke into my house, I'd unload on you too.

You make zero valid points.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
well, then thats your opinion.  i suppose anyone can rationalize any behavior they want to.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
well, then thats your opinion.  i suppose anyone can rationalize any behavior they want to.

You have rationalized a man not being shot because he entered another persons house with a crowbar... You are a fool.

I used to be indifferent to you, now I just know you're an overly idealistic idiot.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
yeah.. because i said she shouldnt have shot him.  ;)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
successful trolling in this thread tbombz... you got us good!  ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
that would be basic mathematics, not economics. plus, i wasnt asking for help budgeting, i was asking for people to share the best deals they had found and where they found them.   nice spin..  :-*

I don't see it written anywhere that she shot him in the face when he was down.  Even if she had it makes sense considering he was still active enough to bolt from the house. And I'm sure he wasn't laying on the floor motionless letting her shoot him.  What you're implying is malicious premeditation and I don't see any evidence of that. This a real heat of the moment situation.

Consider for a moment that she didn't shoot him the back as he fled which would have definitely been overkill. When he fled from her home she did not pursue either.  I don't think you're a dumb guy but your reasoning often makes little sense.
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
yeah.. because i said she shouldnt have shot him.  ;)

You implied that she was over zealous in how she shot him. That is STUPID. Why? No, you didn't ask, but I will tell you in hopes that you learn something (even though we all know you will not).

It is stupid because the woman was in fear... A man broke into her house with a crowbar and she feared for her safety. At that point, you are simply in survival mode and there is no over zealousness when it comes to saving the life of you and your children.

For your lack of understanding on that alone, you are a fool and not worthy of anymore of anyone's attention in this thread.

I will not respond to any more of your fool hardy and worthless statements about a woman who was in her own home, minding her own business, and fearing for the safety of her and her family only to have you act like she was somehow at fault.

And before you start talking about what you "said", you better pay attention to what you IMPLY, because implications are just as damning and in this instance, they prove how stupid you actually are.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

I don't see it written anywhere that she shot him in the face when he was down.  Even if she had it makes sense considering he was still active enough to bolt from the house. And I'm sure he wasn't laying on the floor motionless letting her shoot him.  What you're implying is malicious premeditation and I don't see any evidence of that. This a real heat of the moment situation.

Consider for a moment that she didn't shoot him the back as he fled which would have definitely been overkill. When he fled from her home she did not pursue either.  I don't think you're a dumb guy but your reasoning often makes little sense.
from what i read of the posting of the 911 call, she shot him after he had already hit the floor.  yes, heat of the moment; no, not premeditated. i never intimated otherwise.

You implied that she was over zealous in how she shot him. That is STUPID. Why? No, you didn't ask, but I will tell you in hopes that you learn something (even though we all know you will not).

It is stupid because the woman was in fear... A man broke into her house with a crowbar and she feared for her safety. At that point, you are simply in survival mode and there is no over zealousness when it comes to saving the life of you and your children.

For your lack of understanding on that alone, you are a fool and not worthy of anymore of anyone's attention in this thread.

I will not respond to any more of your fool hardy and worthless statements about a woman who was in her own home, minding her own business, and fearing for the safety of her and her family only to have you act like she was somehow at fault.

And before you start talking about what you "said", you better pay attention to what you IMPLY, because implications are just as damning and in this instance, they prove how stupid you actually are.
yes there is such a thing as being overzealous in self defense.  ;)

;)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
from what i read of the posting of the 911 call, she shot him after he had already hit the floor.  yes, heat of the moment; no, not premeditated. i never intimated otherwise.
 ;)

i fail to see your point...

per the police: "if someone breaks into your house you are allowed to use deadly force"

i do not agree... and that's definitely not legal in canada... but it is there law in her jurisdiction

legally she was within her rights

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
No there is not such a thing as being overzealous in self defense, especially where kids are involed. ::) I don't know what fantasy land you live in, but....

Anywone who has an indruder coming at them in their own home should be totally within their right to terminate that threat if they have the means available to do so.

Anywone who thinks that's wrong if out of their freaking mind.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
no shooting is going to be pretty.  there's going to be a lot of "honey don't move, i'm gonna finish him off" that people get away with all the time.   Sucks for the bad guy and is unnecessary in some cases, but yeahhhh it's gonna happen.  We hear it here, and "shoot him again honey" against a begging crying intruder... sucks to hear, but it's not gonna change.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
no shooting is going to be pretty.  there's going to be a lot of "honey don't move, i'm gonna finish him off" that people get away with all the time.   Sucks for the bad guy and is unnecessary in some cases, but yeahhhh it's gonna happen.  We hear it here, and "shoot him again honey" against a begging crying intruder... sucks to hear, but it's not gonna change.
I have no idea what has happend to you 240, but it's not cool...  What you just posted is off in some bla bla land way the fuck out there.  WTF happened to you dude?  This stuff you're posting is wacked. :-\

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
She was in her attic or crawl space. Every one of those I've ever been in was entered head first, either at the top of stairs or through a tiny door.

Interesting the Internet sleuths haven't made mention of the likelihood his face was the first thing through.

no shooting is going to be pretty.  there's going to be a lot of "honey don't move, i'm gonna finish him off" that people get away with all the time.   Sucks for the bad guy and is unnecessary in some cases, but yeahhhh it's gonna happen.  We hear it here, and "shoot him again honey" against a begging crying intruder... sucks to hear, but it's not gonna change.

I find your posts nothing short of comical given that you were ready to draw down on a guy who looked at you in a parking lot and that your brother also murdered a man in a place of business and not his own home with his children behind him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
nah my brother didn't kill the robber, just wounded him.

i'm saying the shoot was legal here.  just messy, ugly, part of how shit works when ppl home invade  :(

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
nah my brother didn't kill the robber, just wounded him.

i'm saying the shoot was legal here.  just messy, ugly, part of how shit works when ppl home invade  :(

Yes, how dare it not go smoothly.

I'm quite fond of you constantly criminalizing the victim and victimizing the criminal in all these stories. Kind of comical when you then claim to be such a pro-gun guy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD 240?

"shoot him again honey" against a begging crying intruder... sucks to hear, but it's not gonna change.

This is nuts lol...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
No there is not such a thing as being overzealous in self defense, especially where kids are involed. ::) I don't know what fantasy land you live in, but....

Anywone who has an indruder coming at them in their own home should be totally within their right to terminate that threat if they have the means available to do so.

Anywone who thinks that's wrong if out of their freaking mind. 

Exactly... TBombz is living in a fucking land of make believe.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD 240?

"shoot him again honey" against a begging crying intruder... sucks to hear, but it's not gonna change.

This is nuts lol...

it's the truth.  It happens.  I dont doubt it at all.  Isn't that what happens on the 911 call here?  Guy is crying and hubby is instructing wifey to keep shooting?  Now that I've heard the tape, I'm saying it's ugly, it's sad, but it's REAL.  That's what happens.  She will not be prosecuted for anything - dude was in her house and the law protects her right to even reload and shoot the guy in the face 5 more times if her hubby instructs.

it gets blurry at times like this, and I dont know the answer. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Exactly... TBombz is living in a fucking land of make believe.

The only relief is that, on a board full of moderates and polar extremists, he is the ONLY one who believes that the robber "got the short end of the stick" in this whole situation.

It is refreshing that more people do not share this disturbing view.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
it's the truth.  It happens.  I dont doubt it at all.  Isn't that what happens on the 911 call here?  Guy is crying and hubby is instructing wifey to keep shooting?  Now that I've heard the tape, I'm saying it's ugly, it's sad, but it's REAL.  That's what happens.  She will not be prosecuted for anything - dude was in her house and the law protects her right to even reload and shoot the guy in the face 5 more times if her hubby instructs.

it gets blurry at times like this, and I dont know the answer. 
It's not blurry at all...

If the guy can scream don't shoot me anymore, then he's NOT incapacitated... What if it was a ruse? What if he was saying don't shoot me and she drops her weapon and he throws that crowbar at her?

The dude is ALIVE and he should be damn thankful for that... HE walked into HER house.

bears

• Getbig IV
tbombz it's downright sinful to be judging that woman's actions.  you should be ashamed of yourself.  and the sad thing is all because of your allegiance to a fucking political party.   

if someone breaks into your home with a crowbar, you're an IDIOT if you DON'T assume that they're there to hurt you. if have a wife and two little boys.  6 and 2.  you keep shooting!  until there is no question that he can't hurt my little boys.  NO QUESTION.  what if he had a gun too?

ask any cop.  my family is chock full of them.  it's only in the movies where you shoot someone and they drop like a sack of potatoes.