Author Topic: Sickness after heavy back days  (Read 6483 times)

flexfan

• Getbig IV
  • Venice Versmilitude
Re: Sickness after heavy back days
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 01:40:51 PM »
Once a month?!  I love deads and I am consistently stronger with these as the weeks go by, theres no way I'd cut them out, even if they are the culprit.

By the way, the original question was if I could be "hurting" my CNS or if the CNS might have something to do with the explaination?

I'm just saying, that's what worked for me. I had the same problem. You have to understand, I train strictly for recreation. Yes, I want to get stronger and bigger, but it isn't the biggest concern in my life. When I deadlift, I have to eat perfect and make sure I get ample rest- two things I don't care to do. I guess if you are really dedicated, go for it.

The thing is that my back is my strongest and most developed bodypart. I get by fine doing pulldowns and rows of all sorts.
Sultan

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 03:02:57 PM »
Man every time I get a good back lift I am sick or really fatigued the next day or two.  Its not just that I'm really sore, which I am, but I just feel weak and tired and kind of like I have a cold.  Is that something to do with my CNS being affected?  Any tips on how to keep myself feeling ok would be extremely helpful, thanks.

Dude, you just gotta toughen up.
The House that Ruth built

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 07:10:23 AM »
once a week is a waste of energy..
much more efficient to hit each muscle 2-3 times a week. Yes, failure training is the devil in this case.

for you maybe...

the biggest and strongest guy i've ever met trained each muscle once a week and did less than 15 total sets. training to positive failure is fine also.

the only thing i ever got from training parts twice a week was bad rotator cuffs and sore elbows.

8)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2005, 10:26:29 AM »

With all due respect, training each BP 2Xweek has often been proven to be 'optimal' (although several "it depends" factors play a role too), using an 8 day cycle -vs- a 7 day week.  I don't want to start a war here, but I'm sure there will be many "opinions".  Let's keep it mature shall we  :-* Why does everyone seem to think 1Xweek is the "best" way?

I would agree with carmello on this subject and you also.  It's different for everyone.  I train pretty intensly and I find if I hit a body part more than once a week I'm overtraining.....I tried doing bi's twice a week and it wasn't working....F**K, let alone doing legs twice a week, no way.  My body won't handle it.  It literally takes me 3 or 4 days to recover, one or two days of rest, on the sixth or seventh day I'm ready to blast that bodypart again.  Anything sooner, doesn't work for me......but thats me. 

LEDD:  I would cut your workout back.  Drop a set and do lighter weight for higher reps, see if that helps.  Make sure your breathing right and drinking enough water.  Otherwise suck it up.  I've puked after squatting and it don't bother me.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 04:39:02 PM »
Cause if u hit that body part once a week the right way, it will be too sore to be able to train it twice within 6-7 days. I used to train everything 2x a week, but I realized I wasn't training hard enough.

Did you avoid failure on all sets?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

young guns

• Getbig IV
  • being mortal sucks...
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 04:44:52 PM »
Man every time I get a good back lift I am sick or really fatigued the next day or two.  Its not just that I'm really sore, which I am, but I just feel weak and tired and kind of like I have a cold.  Is that something to do with my CNS being affected?  Any tips on how to keep myself feeling ok would be extremely helpful, thanks.

15 mg of glutamine help me out.

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 05:15:36 PM »
15 mg of glutamine help me out.

How often is that?

young guns

• Getbig IV
  • being mortal sucks...
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2005, 05:20:32 PM »
5mg when you wake, 5mg before lifting, another 5mg before bed.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2005, 05:23:47 PM »
glutemine's a myth

young guns

• Getbig IV
  • being mortal sucks...
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2005, 05:24:27 PM »
how so?

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 05:29:05 PM »
glutemine's a myth
Well I'm still open for suggestions, arent most supplements a myth?

young guns

• Getbig IV
  • being mortal sucks...
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 05:31:52 PM »
i picked this up just now from some nutrition site...

Like other amino acids, glutamine is biochemically important as a constituent of proteins. Glutamine is also crucial in nitrogen metabolism. Ammonia (formed by nitrogen fixation) is assimilated into organic compounds by converting glutamic acid to glutamine. The enzyme that accomplishes this is called glutamine synthetase. Glutamine can, hence, be used as a nitrogen donor in the biosynthesis of many compounds, including other amino acids, purines, and pyrimidines.

[edit]
Nutrition
[edit]
Usage
Glutamine is a supplement that is used amongst weight lifters, bodybuilders, as well as those who suffer for muscular cramps or pain - particularly elderly people. The main use of Glutamine within the diet of either groups is to be used as a means of replenishing the body's stores of amino acids that have been used during exercise or everyday activities.

There are still studies which are looking into problems with excessive consumption of Glutamine, which thus far have proved inconclusive. However, normal supplementation is healthy mainly because Glutamine is supposed to be supplemented after prolonged periods of exercise (For example, a workout or exercise in which amino acids are required for use) and replenishes amino acid stores; this being the main reason glutamine is reccomended for those who suffer from trauma, immune deficiencies, cancer, or during fasting.

[edit]
Aiding Gastrointestinal function
There have been several recent studies into the effects of glutamine and what properties it posesses, and, there is now a significant body of evidence that links glutamine-enriched diets with intestinal affects; aiding maintenance of gut barrier function, intestinal cell proliferation and differentiation, as well as generally reducing septic morbidity. The reason for such "cleansing" properties is thought to stem from the fact that the intestinal extraction rate of glutamine is higher than other amino acids, and is therefore thought to be the most viable option when attempting to alleviate conditions relating to the gut. [1]

These conditions being discovered after comparing plasma concentration within the gut between glutamine-enriched and non glutamine-enriched diets. However, even though Glutamine is thought to have "cleansing" properties and effects, it is unknown to what extent glutamine has clinical benefits, due to the varied concentrations of glutamine in varieties of food. [2]

[edit]
Aiding recovery after surgery
It is also known that Glutamine has various effects in reducing healing time after operations. Particularly, hospital waiting times after abdominal surgery are reduced by providing parenteral nutrition regimens containing amounts of Glutamine to patients. It was discovered in the same clinical trial that patients on supplimentation regimes containing Glutamine had improved nitrogen balances, generation of cysteinyl-leukotrienes from polymorphonuclear neutrophil granulocytes and improved lymphocyte recovery to those who had no Glutamine within their dietary regime; all without any side-effects. [3]

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2005, 10:11:20 AM »
Well I'm still open for suggestions, arent most supplements a myth?

Never know until you see how it works for YOU