Author Topic: People who have become Muslim  (Read 135584 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #450 on: August 25, 2013, 05:46:22 PM »

The answers are:

(a) his "atheism" wasn't rooted in logic to begin with and he always had spiritual questions he wanted answers to; or
(b) he suffered a stroke or other traumatic brain injury and is mentally handicapped; or
(c) both of the above.

My money is on (a) but I can't discount (c).

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #451 on: August 25, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
Ya I listened to him last night, I will be going to another location where he'll be speaking as well with Yvonne Ridley and Abdur Raheem Green. It starts 2:45pm eastern time.

Just getting in my protein in and heading out the house for the conference (already going on since the morning)

I'm sure the videos will be uploaded by the Canadian Dawah Association from the event yesterday and of course the conference today. Once it's made available I'll post it inshAllah.

One of his current projects is that he has started a Islamic political party of Holland and is working on that to have a voice for Muslims in Holland. Winning seats would mean muslims would be represented. As the anti-islam geert wilders party has alot of seats and is quite a menace in spreading hate. He talked about how when before he even became vice president of the party how they trained him and their tactics in how to use the media to abuse islam and lie about islam and convince people in the lies of the anti-islam party.

He also talked about how when he started asking critical questions and started reading the qur'an how geert wilders was angry and didn't like the points he was bringing about. For example how geert wilders was misquoting the qur'an and cherry picking not only verses out of context but not quoting the verses entirely amongst other things.

Basically from the beginning he was convinced what geert wilders and the anti-islam party were doing as 'truth' but as he started being more involved and learning he started finding out this isn't the truth and he clearly has an ulterior agenda, not in spreading truth in the matter but fueling hate and spreading lies about Islam. He was uncomfortable with this.

So as things are he is working on fighting islamophobia which is very widespread in Europe especially in the Netherlands and undoing the damage he has done through being vice president and PR person to the anti-islam party of geert wilders. Geert Wilders and Arnoud have not spoken ever since he has left the party. Basically as he put it. Once you leave the party you are no body and they don't know you, a traitor and they wanted nothing to do with him.

He felt inside all that they were doing was obviously wrong and even though that was his living salary he decided he has to stand up for the truth and Allah (swt) will provide a means for him and his sustenance so he gave up his position and salary obviously for the truth. What good is an income which is based from evil.

Anyways the whole talk the way he elborates everything is much better than the way I can put it. So when the video is made available I will post it inshAllah

Both Yvonne ridley and green came to Australia few years ago and I went to both there talks.

Green has been very quite past few years, he hasn't been to Australia in a long time

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #453 on: August 28, 2013, 04:20:45 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #454 on: August 29, 2013, 11:46:08 AM »

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2013, 01:00:55 PM »

And HIV/AIDS is the fastest growing STD in the world and is continuing to accelerate. And guess what, it is very widely spread in the Middle East. Insah'Allah (?)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #456 on: August 29, 2013, 02:49:46 PM »
Actually no:

Non-muslim countries have prelavent aids while muslim african countries do not.

That is not to say that muslim countries do not have aids but the percentage is so miniscule compared to non muslim countries.

Our religion prohibits promiscous sex, prostitution, adultery, homosexuality. Again these things exist amongst Muslims too, but not to the extent that they are present amongst non-muslim countries that see no problem with these actions.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #457 on: August 29, 2013, 05:08:19 PM »

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #458 on: August 29, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »
Everything seems to be better under Islam than under any other belief system.  Muslims are more rational, moral, and more civilized than others.  That seems to be one thesis of this thread's owner.

And with respect to Islam's truth, it claims ultimate truth, and therefore all other world views or religions are false and their believers infidels.  That is the other thesis.

Evidence for the first claim is by appeal to videos expounding Islamic doctrines, as well as to the personal testimonials of converts to Islam, and statistics showing lower levels of societal ills (like HIV) in Islamic countries.

The source of evidence for the second claim is the Quran, leavened by hostile caricatures (by the thread owner) of the doctrines of other faiths.

I think that is it, in a nutshell.  And I think that all of it, along with the angry, hectoring tone in which the propaganda is delivered, can be dismissed as rabid nonsense.

But I don't mean any of this "in a bad way", of course.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #459 on: August 29, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »
Not sure what exactly you want but have a nice evening. Maybe if people had less enmity towards Islam they would understand it better than what they are spoon fed by the media. Clearly people are not running away from Islam but rather embracing it and those that are embracing it are not village idiots but those in the west with the ability to read and learn about any subject without any sort of subjugation by anyone. Likewise with the matter of women, when women are the ones who are embracing Islam the most.

It's quite clear from the vast majority of getbiggers that most are in fact shotgun ready to attack and badmouth Islam and Muslims yet almost all would admit they really don't know anything about islam except what they reverberate of what they've heard from tv or some other similar outlet.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #460 on: August 30, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #461 on: August 30, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »

Anyone can post the stories of converts to any religion:  Christianity (including converts from Islam), Buddhism, Judaism, and even Scientology.  What does that prove?

In addition,

1. The "thousands" of "Orthodox" Jews demonstrating against Israel were from the Neteurei Karta, a cult with a few thousand adherents worldwide.  Almost all other Orthodox Jews support Israel;
2. The idea that Jews and Muslims lived together in peace prior to the creation of the state of Israel is nonsense.  The Turkish Caliph collaborated with the Nazis against Jews who lived under Turkish rule. Once Israel was established, 99% of all Jews living in Islamic countries in the Middle East fled there.
3. The Trinity is a sacred concept within Christianity.  You show it no respect, as you show all religions besides Islam no respect. Who the hell do you think you are?
4. Jews, like Muslims, Christians, and almost everyone else, have a mixed genetic heritage.  I believe you yourself are a convert to Islam.

Someone else posted the thought that all of your pro-Islam sound and fury is really an attempt to convince yourself of the wonders of Islam.  Sounds right.

Is it working?

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #462 on: August 31, 2013, 01:17:06 AM »

Anyone can post the stories of converts to any religion:  Christianity (including converts from Islam), Buddhism, Judaism, and even Scientology.  What does that prove?

In addition,

1. The "thousands" of "Orthodox" Jews demonstrating against Israel were from the Neteurei Karta, a cult with a few thousand adherents worldwide.  Almost all other Orthodox Jews support Israel;
2. The idea that Jews and Muslims lived together in peace prior to the creation of the state of Israel is nonsense.  The Turkish Caliph collaborated with the Nazis against Jews who lived under Turkish rule. Once Israel was established, 99% of all Jews living in Islamic countries in the Middle East fled there.
3. The Trinity is a sacred concept within Christianity.  You show it no respect, as you show all religions besides Islam no respect. Who the hell do you think you are?
4. Jews, like Muslims, Christians, and almost everyone else, have a mixed genetic heritage.  I believe you yourself are a convert to Islam.

Someone else posted the thought that all of your pro-Islam sound and fury is really an attempt to convince yourself of the wonders of Islam.  Sounds right.

Is it working?

Whats it to you if people want to talk about there religion?

This is the religious section and members can talk about any religious issues they have.

If members want to post about reverts to Buddhism or christinaity then they are welcome.

The trinity is a false concept and that's why people are leaving there religion and coming to islam, so islam is working. Trinity does not deserve respect because the trinity is man made and is not from God.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #463 on: September 01, 2013, 09:06:01 AM »

Whats it to you if people want to talk about there religion?

This is the religious section and members can talk about any religious issues they have.

If members want to post about reverts to Buddhism or christinaity then they are welcome.

The trinity is a false concept and that's why people are leaving there religion and coming to islam, so islam is working. Trinity does not deserve respect because the trinity is man made and is not from God.

Go ahead, towel head.  "Talk" about your fascist faith.

Thanks for validating my point about the insults to Christianity that you and your fellow traveler have posted.

Now, kindly go to Hell in a handbasket.  Look that one up. 

And there's a book I can recommend that may benefit you: "Johnny Learns to Spell."

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #464 on: September 01, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
Go ahead, towel head.  "Talk" about your fascist faith.

Thanks for validating my point about the insults to Christianity that you and your fellow traveler have posted.

Now, kindly go to Hell in a handbasket.  Look that one up. 

And there's a book I can recommend that may benefit you: "Johnny Learns to Spell."

Yes im proud of my fascist faith and I show im clearly muslim on this board.Maybe go read it for yourself.

Looks like your religion is wiping out people hence your name gonuclear.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #465 on: September 02, 2013, 01:56:24 PM »
Like your faith brethren in Iran, I am in favor of only peaceful uses of nuclear power.

So, back to the subject at hand, funny how killing people always seems to come up in these discussions of Islam.

Allah is a harsh taskmaster indeed.   And by "Allah" I don't mean the Christian God.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #466 on: September 02, 2013, 04:54:07 PM »
time to check report to mod email....

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #467 on: September 02, 2013, 05:29:49 PM »
Like your faith brethren in Iran, I am in favor of only peaceful uses of nuclear power.

So, back to he subject at hand, funny how killing people always seems to come up in these discussions of Islam.

Allah is a harsh taskmaster indeed.   And by "Allah" I don't mean the Christian God.

This is the religious debates section of getbig.

Not sure why your having a sook about members discussing religious aspects in the appropriate section.

Its not the Christian debate section, its the religious section.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #468 on: September 02, 2013, 06:08:16 PM »
I've read others using "sook"....had to google that one LOL.  Not a common term used in the US.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #469 on: September 02, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »
I've read others using "sook"....had to google that one LOL.  Not a common term used in the US.

ha ha lol.

Sook=Cry baby, crying, tantrum etc etc

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #470 on: September 02, 2013, 09:08:36 PM »
This is the religious debates section of getbig.

Not sure why your having a sook about members discussing religious aspects in the appropriate section.

Its not the Christian debate section, its the religious section.

Your "debates" are not discussions on the doctrines of various faiths, but simply a succession of posts on why Islam is the only true faith, coupled with attacks on other faiths and their practitioners.

In any case, Christianity qualifies as a religion.  Just in case you did not know that.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #471 on: September 02, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »

Your "debates" are not discussions on the doctrines of various faiths, but simply a succession of posts on why Islam is the only true faith, coupled with attacks on other faiths and their practitioners.

In any case, Christianity qualifies as a religion.  Just in case you did not know that.

I know its a religion, if you go over my previous posts I said I welcome Christians posting in this section.

If you want to keep sooking then take it up with the mods, and maybe we can open a section just to please you.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #472 on: September 02, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »
I know its a religion, if you go over my previous posts I said I welcome Christians posting in this section.

If you want to keep sooking then take it up with the mods, and maybe we can open a section just to please you.

You make no sense:

"Its [sic] not the Christian debate section, its [sic] the religious section."

???

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #473 on: September 03, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
Former British soldier embraced Islam and is now inviting others to Islam:

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #474 on: September 03, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »
Former British soldier embraced Islam and is now inviting others to Islam:

I feel sorry for him.

More generally, since this is a thread about Muslim converts, it is instructive to note the following:

"Muslims often advertise news of non-Muslims converting to Islam, but they do not tell the other side of the story, where Muslims are also leaving Islam. There are more Muslims leaving Islam today than there are new converts joining it. The sheer volume of recent apostates is unprecedented in the history of Islam. Here at WikiIslam, we document the news of Muslims leaving Islam and host hundreds of written testimonials."

From http://wikiislam.net/wiki/People_Who_Left_Islam