Author Topic: Amy winehouse's BAC  (Read 7262 times)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Re: Amy winehouse's BAC
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »
My BAC was most likely higher as I wasn`t taken to the Hospital right away.  In fact, the people I was with were so scared they just dumped me out on the front lawn.  A few months later, all of them were severely beaten for doing so.  I think I have told this story before.

If I remember correctly you got your best friends to beat the shit out of the perpetrators, correct?
all drugs - TPPIIP

Mush Mouth

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 09:42:29 PM »
All that fucking money, yet no braces.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
It was a fifth using a Beer Bong type device.  I weighed probably around 100-120 lbs or so, extremely skinny.  No real experience drinking other than casually with friends every now and then. 

Well then, you are a lucky man to still be alive, I would imagine.

When I was a young adult weighing about 185 lbs. I occasionally consumed large quantities of alcohol (probably a fifth) in one evening and over the course of several hours. The most I ever got was pretty drunk and silly acting. There was a couple of times I felt pretty shitty the next day for several hours. Only once did I vomit the liquor up, but then I will do anything possible to avoid upchucking.

Without a doubt both you and I have lost some brain cells to alcohol.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 10:08:53 PM »
Well then, you are a lucky man to still be alive, I would imagine.

When I was a young adult weighing about 185 lbs. I occasionally consumed large quantities of alcohol (probably a fifth) in one evening and over the course of several hours. The most I ever got was pretty drunk and silly acting. There was a couple of times I felt pretty shitty the next day for several hours. Only once did I vomit the liquor up, but then I will do anything possible to avoid upchucking.

Without a doubt both you and I have lost some brain cells to alcohol.

Alcohol is terrible

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
I've got a friend who calls himself a "functioning alcoholic". He'll down like 12-18 beers everyday without fail (more on weekends). Holds down a very high paying job as a CEO of a public company.

I don't know how he does it, but he says he just needs that much to take the edge off.

Is that what it's like? Like you can drink a ton, but never really get drunk...just takes the edge off and makes it easier to get around the day?

does he have that perma-bloat to his face?  Puffy and red?

I have two relatives who are both like that - they both down 6 to 18 beers a day, throughout the day... 2 in the morning, a few with lunch, then 4pm on just drinking nonstop.  Both have red puffy face.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 10:11:59 PM »
there was one point, 12 or 14 years back, when i was playing a gig and shots were $1 each for red bull and vodka.

I was counting as I drank... the whole bar was cheering on my quest to hit 30 shots.

I did hit 30... then promptly started puking after that, and continued puking for about 3 days.

Ahh, the stupid stuff we do when young.   Attention getbiggers who haven't been there - DONT go there lol... Drink your 3 or 4, and have a sandwich.  Take a nap.  Get laid.  Play video games.  THEN drink another 3 if you really want to.

Any time you flirt with 8 drinks, you're flirting with 15 drinks.  Decision making tends to go out the window :(

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 10:47:35 PM »
I've got a friend who calls himself a "functioning alcoholic". He'll down like 12-18 beers everyday without fail (more on weekends). Holds down a very high paying job as a CEO of a public company.

I don't know how he does it, but he says he just needs that much to take the edge off.

Is that what it's like? Like you can drink a ton, but never really get drunk...just takes the edge off and makes it easier to get around the day?

The trick is to not drink all day and night. If you can restrict your drinking to a period of time that is significantly less than 24 hours than you might be more or less OK. Any time you drink around the clock you have entered the death spiral. I just drink at night. I wish it was less, but I generally feel OK the next day. Plenty of liquids, not eating too much helps reduce inflammation which speeds recovery from alcohol consumption.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 12:10:18 AM »
The trick is to not drink all day and night. If you can restrict your drinking to a period of time that is significantly less than 24 hours than you might be more or less OK. Any time you drink around the clock you have entered the death spiral. I just drink at night. I wish it was less, but I generally feel OK the next day. Plenty of liquids, not eating too much helps reduce inflammation which speeds recovery from alcohol consumption.

I am not sure that always works.

It is rare that I have a drink before 5:00 p.m. I don't drink everyday, but sometimes I'll buy a fifth of scotch. My drink of choice is scotch neat. At 5:00 p.m. or thereabouts, I pour myself my first double (not that I measure). About a half hour later I'll have another. I eat dinner most nights at 7:00 p.m. If I am drinking, I'll have another drink with dinner. There have been times when after watching Jimmy Kimmel live, I take my glass out to the kitchen, go to put the fifth away and it is almost all gone.

Always before going to bed I drink a large glass or two of water to keep from getting dehydrated.

I don't get drunk and I don't have hangovers. Sometimes I wish I did because that would give me more incentive to stop after one or two drinks, which is generally considered the limit in terms of good health.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 03:11:53 AM »
What was her rotten tooth content?  I'm not sure if they record that data in "British" autopsies though

Looks better than the average Englishman

whitewidow

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 03:18:51 AM »
back when i was drinking, i'd be in withdrawl after not drinking for 12hrs and check into the ER and have my BAC between 3.6 and 3.9. (been through that more than a few times).... and that was AFTER not drinking for 12hrs.... so my operating BAC was EASILY 4.2+

if you drink everyday... a lot... your body will get used to BAC's of 4+ . now, if you're a normal guy who drinks once a week, BAC of 4+ can kill you

i doubt Amy was a weekend drinker.

And I am a junkkie-LOL. what bodybuilder can drink everyday and still make gains? I think you have never opened a amp.just a beer and a bottle of jack ;)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2013, 03:21:12 AM »

I have two relatives who are both like that - they both down 6 to 18 beers a day, throughout the day... 2 in the morning, a few with lunch, then 4pm on just drinking nonstop.  Both have red puffy face.

I don't know how people do it. I'm a big drinker but I can only do it on weekends and I've cut it down. If I drink for 2 or 3 days straight the depression is awful, I barely want to leave the house let alone go to work! I guess you just have to drink the second you wake up to keep that feeling at bay...but then that leaves you for an even bigger crash when you finally sober up. And I'm so tired when I'm hungover I can  barely get out of bed after 14 hrs sleep. The anxiety, the depression, the awful feeling of impending doom lol. I always say "never again" but a week later I'm on the sauce again. Fuckin' hell how do some people do it day in day out though and actually function as a normal human being? Fuckin' hell.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2013, 03:26:15 AM »
I don't know how people do it. I'm a big drinker but I can only do it on weekends and I've cut it down. If I drink for 2 or 3 days straight the depression is awful, I barely want to leave the house let alone go to work! I guess you just have to drink the second you wake up to keep that feeling at bay...but then that leaves you for an even bigger crash when you finally sober up. And I'm so tired when I'm hungover I can  barely get out of bed after 14 hrs sleep. The anxiety, the depression, the awful feeling of impending doom lol. I always say "never again" but a week later I'm on the sauce again. Fuckin' hell how do some people do it day in day out though and actually function as a normal human being? Fuckin' hell.

i've met a few Scots here in Poland who did that, drink day in and day out

there's something bout them Scots and their drinking poweress

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 03:40:34 AM »
i've met a few Scots here in Poland who did that, drink day in and day out

there's something bout them Scots and their drinking poweress

The Irish are bigger drinkers, imho. I know so many middle-aged guys who booze every day and they can hold down a job. I don't envy them though, they can't be happy. I'd love to give up the booze some day, or just drink on special occasions but it's just so much fun and makes pulling women so much easier

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2013, 03:50:45 AM »
I also think that if the pubs never closed here, or had later opening hours (most late bars at weekends must close at 2am and earlier on weekdays and the liquor stores 10pm) nearly everything would come to a halt. The Eastern Europeans are big drinkers but it's so fucking cheap to drink there...I could only imagine how bad things would be here if we could get vodka for a few euros a bottle. Just a pint of lager is 5-6 euros in Dublin. Buying in the stores is 2-3x more expensive than other places in Europe. Unthinkable chaos would ensue if it was that cheap here...we can't help ourselves

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 03:57:07 AM »
I also think that if the pubs never closed here, or had later opening hours (most late bars at weekends must close at 2am and earlier on weekdays and the liquor stores 10pm) nearly everything would come to a halt. The Eastern Europeans are big drinkers but it's so fucking cheap to drink there...I could only imagine how bad things would be here if we could get vodka for a few euros a bottle. Just a pint of lager is 5-6 euros in Dublin. Buying in the stores is 2-3x more expensive than other places in Europe. Unthinkable chaos would ensue if it was that cheap here...we can't help ourselves

the poles think they can drink LOL!

the biggest drinkers that i met were Scots and Scandos (fellas from norway and finland)

i've been sober almost 3 years now, but when i drank hard i'd drink 5 or 6 polish beers which are 5.6% alcohol mixed with 2 or 3 shots of tequilla or vodka and also added in 3 or 4 double jacks and cokes and i never ever got sick, not once

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 03:59:25 AM »
the poles think they can drink LOL!

the biggest drinkers that i met were Scots and Scandos (fellas from norway and finland)

i've been sober almost 3 years now, but when i drank hard i'd drink 5 or 6 polish beers which are 5.6% alcohol mixed with 2 or 3 shots of tequilla or vodka and also added in 3 or 4 double jacks and cokes and i never ever got sick, not once

DJ, I'd drink about the same on a Saturday night but I'd have a bad hangover next day. I love starting with beer, then I'll go for whiskeys and coke or vodka redbulls and then onto a few shots of tequilla.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 04:02:15 AM »

Im similar but I get it after 1 night of drinking, I always have the best times where I space out around 5 pints over 6 hours or so.When I lose the will to count and head in the ten and over slot Im gonna feel depressed/anxious for the next few days.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 05:11:41 AM »
Was .416 at time of her death. What a horrible way to die  :(

Probably never felt a thing.
 I used to drink a lot, got pulled over one night and had to do the dui thing. I had a bac of .31, cop thought his machine was broken, made me test again. I wasn`t beligerent to him or falling down drunk, just a normal Tuesday for me. It wasn`t long after that I gave up the booze completely.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 06:22:44 AM »

That's the weird thing. You can't smell it or see it on him. No bright nose. No puffy face or cheeks. The guy barely eats though...I think he subsides mostly on beer, then has a steak for dinner at a restaurant with business acquaintances.

There's always this pressure to drink. Lunch time, he drinks with customers/clients/investors...supper time he has to stay late to do the same. Gets home every night around 9-10pm. Has more drinks to take the edge off so he can sleep. Wakes up in the morning and downs a couple of beers before heading into work in the morning.

Honestly, you'd never know til you follow him around for a day or two. I did, and I was shocked. I asked him "is this really every day man", and he said yes. But he does a bit more on weekends.

He never drank as a kid, nor early in his career. But the life of the CEO comes with many expectations, and it's very difficult to say "no" to drinks when your distributors from Japan have just flown over and want to party a bit and relax. Then the next day, it's your VC partner and he wants a drink. Then the next day, its your raw material supplier from Budapest just flown in, and he wants to drink and talk business. How do you say "no" to all these guys? I guess he tried, then just gave in and gave up.

I never asked him if he wanted to quit. I know he wants to quit smoking, but I believe he has no intention of giving up the drink.

Boozing runs in my family strong. My parent's generation all hated it and never drank, because their parent's came home from the war and drank a lot. And their parents before them from WW1. So, we have the genes for it. But I've never been tempted strongly by it. Mind you, I enjoy it. But not as much as I used to when I was young. Now I get hunover too easy.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 06:25:46 AM »
back when i was drinking, i'd be in withdrawl after not drinking for 12hrs and check into the ER and have my BAC between 3.6 and 3.9. (been through that more than a few times).... and that was AFTER not drinking for 12hrs.... so my operating BAC was EASILY 4.2+

if you drink everyday... a lot... your body will get used to BAC's of 4+ . now, if you're a normal guy who drinks once a week, BAC of 4+ can kill you

i doubt Amy was a weekend drinker.

Damn bro. Glad you made it through. I lived in a bottle for years too. On a rare occasion, I'd get 'the shakes' after a bender. Never in hospital though.

The highest I remember hearing was about a .5 by some hillbilly in Florida  

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 06:25:49 AM »
Was .416 at time of her death. What a horrible way to die  :(

She looked like she was battered with a 45lb plate = bodybuilding related

we used to have a breathalizer in the frat house when i was at university...

i used to drink like a tank

highest i ever blew was .19ish... i do not remember anything about that night and was fucking sick...

i never saw anyone blow over .2ish... ever

it would have taken weeks of work to get to .4 IMO...

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 06:49:42 AM »

it would have taken weeks of work to get to .4 IMO...

Dedication and training, there are no shortcuts brother.  :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 12:04:25 PM »

They really don't function as normal human beings. Their reality is permanently altered. If they continue this way for too long, they will never be as they were before they started drinking. Ever see someone with the DT's? It is pretty scary. Some people fool themselves into believing that because alcohol is legal it really isn't a drug per se, but it is. Like any other drug it changes your personality and physiology, sometimes indefinitely.

After posting yesterday, I drank water last night. The fact that I can drink nearly a fifth of scotch and not feel drunk or have a hangover is kind of scary. It would be so easy to become an alcoholic. Not only that, both my parents had drinking problems which is sometimes an indicator that their children (me) could develop one too. I thought I was fine since I don't drink daily and I generally only drink in the evenings. When I wrote about it, it didn't seem fine at all.

On a different note, a 50 year old bottle of Glenfiddich single malt scotch recently sold in Oregon for $27,000. It comes in a bottle of hand-blown glass. It's sterling silver collar is engraved with a picture of Queen Elizabeth II wearing an oversized crown. It is part of a batch of 450 bottles, released in groups of 50 between 2009 and 2017. What would you do with a $27,000 bottle of single malt scotch? 

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »
They really don't function as normal human beings. Their reality is permanently altered. If they continue this way for too long, they will never be as they were before they started drinking. Ever see someone with the DT's? It is pretty scary. Some people fool themselves into believing that because alcohol is legal it really isn't a drug per se, but it is. Like any other drug it changes your personality and physiology, sometimes indefinitely.

After posting yesterday, I drank water last night. The fact that I can drink nearly a fifth of scotch and not feel drunk or have a hangover is kind of scary. It would be so easy to become an alcoholic. Not only that, both my parents had drinking problems which is sometimes an indicator that their children (me) could develop one too. I thought I was fine since I don't drink daily and I generally only drink in the evenings. When I wrote about it, it didn't seem fine at all.

On a different note, a 50 year old bottle of Glenfiddich single malt scotch recently sold in Oregon for $27,000. It comes in a bottle of hand-blown glass. It's sterling silver collar is engraved with a picture of Queen Elizabeth II wearing an oversized crown. It is part of a batch of 450 bottles, released in groups of 50 between 2009 and 2017. What would you do with a $27,000 bottle of single malt scotch? 

Well if you are buying a good single malt such as macallan 12, balvenie 12, or oban 14...you are paying to not get a hangover.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 12:42:18 PM »
Well if you are buying a good single malt such as macallan 12, balvenie 12, or oban 14...you are paying to not get a hangover.

Normally, I drink Scoresby scotch, which is not single malt and is modestly priced. Occasionally, I will buy Glenlivet single malt scotch which starts at about $40 a fifth. That is a little rich for my pocket book on a regular basis.