Author Topic: We can have Jersey Shore & Hillibillies - but not this since its "Racist"  (Read 869 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
A yet-to-air reality show documenting a rapper, who has fathered eleven children by ten different women, has been slammed by critics who have branded it 'disgusting' and 'negative'.

All My Babies' Mamas, set to air this spring on the Oxygen network, follows Carlos 'Shawty Lo' Walker, 36, as he navigates family life in an affluent suburb of Atlanta, Georgia.

But after a preview of the one-hour, fly-on-the-wall hit the internet thousands of viewers called for it to be scrapped, with many suggesting it plays on racial stereotypes.

Controversial: Rapper Shawty Lo, pictured with eight of his 11 children (seated) and seven of the women that he fathered them with, as well as his 19-year-old girlfriend (left), are all set to star in a new TV show

A Change.org petition, which has more than 20,000 signatures, states that the show 'stereotypes and demeans black children, mothers and dads'.

New York-based Sabrina Lamb, who launched the initiative explains: 'This is not just an attack on African-American parents and children....but all parents and children.

More...

Daddy's little girl! Facebook billionaire Sean Parker becomes first-time father as he and fiancee welcome daughter Winter
'I would make a lousy stay-at-home mom': Claire Danes opens up about life with new son Cyrus as she smoulders in new shoot
 Proud mom Ivanka Trump posts rare photo of herself with adorable 18-month-old daughter Arabella
'As dysfunctional and violent as so-called reality shows are, could you ever imagine a one hour spectacle where 11 children are forced to witness their 10 unwed mothers clamor for financial support, emotional attention and sexual reward from Shawty-Lo, the apathetic ‘father’?'

Oxygen released a 13-minute trailer promoting the show in December, before production had been completed.

Relationship history: E'creia, who gave birth to Mr Walker's first child, explained: 'He might be known as a rapper, but here in Atlanta he¿s known for having eleven kids and ten baby mamas.'

Join the club: Liana (left) and Angela (right) have both had children with Atlanta-based rapper Lo Shawty who claims to have had 'a lot of girls' over the years

In the clip, which has has now disappeared from YouTube, Mr Walker is seen talking about managing his music career and the struggle of being a father from the confines of his roomy eight-bedroom mansion.

'How does a guy like me have ten baby mamas eleven kids? It’s heaven,' he boasts in one scene.

'I had a lot of girls... They was in love and, I probably was too. And it just happened'

And in another he explains: 'I had a lot of girls... They was in love and, I probably was too. And it just happened.'

The trailer also shows him as he fails to remember the names of his eleven teenage children.

In an interview with Essence about her petition Ms Lamb said: 'In the clip I saw, Lo couldn't even remember the names of all of his 11 children. This is not funny to me. What's funny about this?'

E'creia, who gave birth to Mr Walker's first child and refers to herself as 'The First Lady', introduces the other women who have also had flings with the music star.

In the spotlight: Carlos Walker, better known by his stage name Shawty Lo, released his first solo rap album in 2008, but away from the music scene he is busy being a father to 11 children

The mother-of-one gives all of her fellow 'baby mamas' nicknames, such as 'jealous', 'the baby mama from hell' or 'shady baby mama'.

MEET THE FAMILY: THE FORMER FLAMES OF SHAWTY LO

So far, just seven of Shawty Lo's ten 'baby mamas' have been named - and each been given her own on-show nickname...

E'Creia, 29: Known on the show as the 'First Lady', she and Shawty Lo were once engaged and she still handles his finances. When they met, she had three other children from a previous relationship.

Angela, 32: The 'Fighter Baby Mama'
 Amanda, 34: The 'Jealous Baby Mama'
 Sujuan, 36: She is known as the 'Wanna-be Bougie Baby Mama' and says: 'I just don’t like the term baby mama. I think it’s degrading'
 Tamara: The 'No-Drama Baby Mama'
 Serena: The 'Shady Baby Mama'
 Liana (aka Pebbles): The 'Baby mama from hell'
Mr Walker's new girlfriend, who is the same age as one of his oldest children, also features in the show.

The scantily-clad Ashlin, who will turn 20 this year, tells viewers: 'Me and Carlos have been dating for about a year now and I’m really in love with him.'

Many of the other baby mamas believe she will soon fall pregnant.

After a trailer promoting All My Babies' Mamas was released, a stream of negative comments flooded social media sites.

One YouTube user wrote: 'This show is disgusting we don't need role models like this bunch.'

While another commented on Facebook: 'This is horrible! Pls dont show this! How about a show that will help rebuild our nation instead of glamourizimg the NEGATIVE?'

Despite public outcry, Oxygen has defended its new show.

In a statement it said: 'Oxygen’s one-hour special in development is not meant to be a stereotypical representation of everyday life for any one demographic or cross-section of society.

Memory recall: Mr Walker struggles to remember the names of his 11 children in the show

On to the next one: A trailer for the upcoming show All My Babies' Mamas shows rapper Mr Walker in bed with his 19-year-old girlfriend Ashlin

'It is a look at one unique family and their complicated, intertwined life… Oxygen Media’s diverse team of creative executives will continue developing the show with this point of view.'

The network previously explained in a press release that the show 'will capture the highs and lows of this extreme‘blended family’ that is anything but ordinary, while also showing the drama and the passion behind life’s most unexpected situations.'

It said viewers could expect 'outrageous and authentic over-the-top moments that our young, diverse female audience can tweet and gossip about.'

All My Babies' Mamas, said to still be in production, is set to air this spring.

The program's executive producers are Liz Gateley and Tony DiSanto of DiGa Vision, who also worked on MTV reality shows Laguna Beach, The Hills and Teen Mom.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2258584/A-new-TV-low-Reality-starring-rapper-fathered-11-children-women-branded-attack-African-American-families-trailer-pulled-YouTube.html#ixzz2HQQLZPFH
 Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Method101

• Getbig V
It's gonna take a hell of alot of fake showers to get America back.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Imbeciles.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

E'Creia, 29: Known on the show as the 'First Lady', she and Shawty Lo were once engaged and she still handles his finances. When they met, she had three other children from a previous relationship.

Angela, 32: The 'Fighter Baby Mama'
 Amanda, 34: The 'Jealous Baby Mama'
 Sujuan, 36: She is known as the 'Wanna-be Bougie Baby Mama' and says: 'I just don’t like the term baby mama. I think it’s degrading'
 Tamara: The 'No-Drama Baby Mama'
 Serena: The 'Shady Baby Mama'
 Liana (aka Pebbles): The 'Baby mama from hell'

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
imagine if they were all white ex girlfriends that would be fucked  :D
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Good. whatever excuse to keep that shit off the television.

Method101

• Getbig V
imagine if they were all white ex girlfriends that would be fucked  :D
if they were then none of the jews would have complained and the programming would have gone ahead.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
if they were then none of the jews would have complained and the programming would have gone ahead.

ahhaha agreed wouldve been epic show, im sure there will be a version in the next 10 years
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

LOL...This has truth in it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Good. whatever excuse to keep that shit off the television.

Buts its ok when Jersey Shore or Growing up Gotti is on to mock all Italian Americans?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
 :)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Buts its ok when Jersey Shore or Growing up Gotti is on to mock all Italian Americans?

Of course it's not. I don't watch any of that garbage. If I had my way it wouldn't be. I've stated in the past that if I were Italian, I'd be fucking pissed! But no, the young dipshits choose what they perceive as "cool" over stereotypes of their people. You're not alone, my people lead the way on this and it sickens me.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
There is already Real Housewives of Atlanta, Basketball Wives, Love and Hip Hop.
Many of these shows as well as Jersey Shore are just trifling cannon fodder...crack for the brain.
The issue with this proposed show ( and the rest) is that these young girls need not be on TV, and children especially girls need not see these women put up on TV and celebrated.
Just like Kim Kardashian or Octomom, the attention whoring has to stop. And so do these stupid "reality shows"

You know, I was watching "The Rifleman" the other day, shit was 10x better than these reality shows.