Author Topic: Barry Bonds Update- Pic - Gyno?  (Read 7312 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Barry Bonds Update- Pic - Gyno?
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »
If you take his first 8 "juice free" seasons and extend those numbers over his career AND say that he plays four years less as well...you have a guy with over 400 home runs, 500 stolen bases, .285 career batting average and upwards of 2500 hits.

I think Bonds hits legit 500 HR drug free.   Even moreso if you believe the rumors that it was the HR chase and subsequent fame of McGwire and Sosa that made him get on PEDs.  The timing of that gives him 400 pre juice.
Y

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »
Barry Bonds has had one of the hardest lives in the history of mankind, but you won't catch him complaining about it.

A true gentleman.

G

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 05:24:12 PM »
Hall of fame is a joke....

Sammy Sosa never admitted and NEVER tested positive for Peds.....  yet he only got 12.5 %

Mike Piazza and Bagwell never tested or admitted, but "probably' used peds too....  yet they got over 60% of the the votes...

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
whats messed up is, PED were not illegal until 1991, any professional athlete during that time was juicing bc it was a part of the teams regimens, and today many juice still, even nearly all top division 1 college athletes juice.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
Hall of fame is a joke....

Sammy Sosa never admitted and NEVER tested positive for Peds.....  yet he only got 12.5 %

Mike Piazza and Bagwell never tested or admitted, but "probably' used peds too....  yet they got over 60% of the the votes...

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hall of Fame IS becoming a joke, and the fact that noboy got in this years shows how fucked up and ridiculous the sportswriters are.
Y

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 05:34:02 PM »
pro athletes been juicing since the 1960s, they just made example out of those guys during that era, bc mark mcgwire had a bottle of androstenodione in his locker during an interview and that led to what we have now

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 05:38:30 PM »
I think Bonds hits legit 500 HR drug free.   Even moreso if you believe the rumors that it was the HR chase and subsequent fame of McGwire and Sosa that made him get on PEDs.  The timing of that gives him 400 pre juice.

And Griffey Jr. hits 900 dingers using Bonds' drug regimen.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 05:41:50 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
  PED were being used just like cswol said   

Mush Mouth

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 07:27:43 PM »
I don't favor the IMAX forehead on a woman.  Too much of a distraction.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
I think Bonds hits legit 500 HR drug free.   Even moreso if you believe the rumors that it was the HR chase and subsequent fame of McGwire and Sosa that made him get on PEDs.  The timing of that gives him 400 pre juice.

I don't care if he juiced to the tits or not, but if even an extreme-case scenario of taking only his first 8 years and averaging those numbers over a career that is four years less than he actually played...you still get HOF stats.  

How you can leave a guy out of the hall for thinking he probably juiced later in his career when even a worst case scenario of a PED-free career for him are still first-ballot HOF numbers is beyond me.

Take his lowest producing years AND cut almost half a decade off his career and he's still a first ballot HOF...it's silly to try to make some statement by not voting him in.
Y

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 07:10:26 PM »
I don't care if he juiced to the tits or not, but if even an extreme-case scenario of taking only his first 8 years and averaging those numbers over a career that is four years less than he actually played...you still get HOF stats.  

How you can leave a guy out of the hall for thinking he probably juiced later in his career when even a worst case scenario of a PED-free career for him are still first-ballot HOF numbers is beyond me.

Take his lowest producing years AND cut almost half a decade off his career and he's still a first ballot HOF...it's silly to try to make some statement by not voting him in.

I think Bonds should be in the baseball HOF and I'm a huge MLB fan.
My view is similar to your feelings with an added twist.
Once the saeson is over the winner of the world series determined, you can't go back , review it and change the result.
MLB allowed Bonds to play and he never tested positive as an active player ( *to my knowledge).
Obviously, based on what we now know from the Balco trial, Bonds did juice, no question about it.
BUT, so did plenty of other guys over GOD only knows how many previous years.
MLB didn't start real drug testing until Bonds hit his homeruns.
They let Barry play and nobody in baseball barred him from a game or refused to let him play.
Barry is NO more guilty then plenty of other players during his era.
In my opinion, once the season is over and in the books, you have to let it stand.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 07:33:05 PM »
I think Bonds should be in the baseball HOF and I'm a huge MLB fan.
My view is similar to your feelings with an added twist.
Once the saeson is over the winner of the world series determined, you can't go back , review it and change the result.
MLB allowed Bonds to play and he never tested positive as an active player ( *to my knowledge).
Obviously, based on what we now know from the Balco trial, Bonds did juice, no question about it.
BUT, so did plenty of other guys over GOD only knows how many previous years.
MLB didn't start real drug testing until Bonds hit his homeruns.
They let Barry play and nobody in baseball barred him from a game or refused to let him play.
Barry is NO more guilty then plenty of other players during his era.
In my opinion, once the season is over and in the books, you have to let it stand.

Induct Pete Rose
Fixed.  :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »

I agree with you.  To have the all time HR champ and the pitcher with the most Cy Young awards not voted in is ridiculous.  In an era where steroids and such were/are predominant, these guys were the best of the best.   The writers need to get their heads out of thier asses.

Sub HOF caliber players like Rice get strong armed in relying on stupid memes by the Boston media machine, while outstanding players like Raines, Biggio, Piazza, Clemens and Bonds are not.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 09:10:35 AM »
I agree with you.  To have the all time HR champ and the pitcher with the most Cy Young awards not voted in is ridiculous.  In an era where steroids and such were/are predominant, these guys were the best of the best.   The writers need to get their heads out of thier asses.

Sub HOF caliber players like Rice get strong armed in relying on stupid memes by the Boston media machine, while outstanding players like Raines, Biggio, Piazza, Clemens and Bonds are not.
GRAPE LIKE U BIG YANKEE FAN AND OVERALL FAN LOVE BASEBALL,,,I WAS REDSOX HATER TOO BUT RICE HAD SOME AMAZING SEASONS MOST FEARED HITTER WITH EDDIE MURRAY,ROBIN YOUNT,DAVE PARKER,REGGIE,THAT ERA,,,

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
GRAPE LIKE U BIG YANKEE FAN AND OVERALL FAN LOVE BASEBALL,,,I WAS REDSOX HATER TOO BUT RICE HAD SOME AMAZING SEASONS MOST FEARED HITTER WITH EDDIE MURRAY,ROBIN YOUNT,DAVE PARKER,REGGIE,THAT ERA,,,

I agree Rice was a great player with great seasons, but not HOF worthy IMO.  The numbers just aren't there.  Living up here, I got to see this movement to get in begin at the grass roots level until everyone convinced themselves he deserved it.

I asked on the radio if Rice was so feared, why did he never lead the league in intentional walks, or have very high walk rates.  And I could not find multiple instances, or even ONE, of the pitchers mound having to be cleared of feces because the opposing pitcher shit himself in fear when Rice stepped up to the plate.   This was an intangible made up by the Boston media to make up for Rice's non-HOF production.
Y

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 09:29:02 AM »
pro athletes been juicing since the 1960s, they just made example out of those guys during that era, bc mark mcgwire had a bottle of androstenodione in his locker during an interview and that led to what we have now