Author Topic: Kris Dim almost walked for you bitches  (Read 8586 times)

slate

• Getbig IV
Kris Dim almost walked for you bitches
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:15 PM »
 No one seems to have a spell checker in Rxhustle so I give you their newest "article", spelling mistakes and all

IFBB Pro John Sherman shared thsi news from IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Kris Dim who has suffered a devistating spinal cord injury during a sepereate surgical procedure. Our thoughts go out to Kris as he fights to regain his ability to live the life he once knew.

I want to thank you all for inspiring and supporting me on this mission of walking again. Remember in april 22 of 2012 I went in with a aorta surgery and came out with spinal cord injury. They told me I will never walk again. Couldn't even feel my toes. From the waist down couldn't move or feel anything. Imagine how you would feel. Would you give up or fight. Because I choose to fight now I went from not moving to moving to a lift to walker to now elbow crutch. They gave me .o1 % out of 200, 000 to walk but when you are a believe thats enought. I love you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart. God bless and please share.

I wonder what would lead anyone in the medical profession to quantify a probability as ".o1 %" out of 200, 000?
This guy is all fucked and he is still lying in a way that makes no sense, it is amazing

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Kris Dim almost walked for you bitches
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »
What a Legend!

What a Warrior!

Overcoming Spinal-Cord Injury which would stop any normal man from walking, and here he is, walking with crutches!

What a Paragon!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:33:13 PM »
  Wow

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »
No one seems to have a spell checker in Rxhustle so I give you their newest "article", spelling mistakes and all

IFBB Pro John Sherman shared thsi news from IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Kris Dim who has suffered a devistating spinal cord injury during a sepereate surgical procedure. Our thoughts go out to Kris as he fights to regain his ability to live the life he once knew.

I want to thank you all for inspiring and supporting me on this mission of walking again. Remember in april 22 of 2012 I went in with a aorta surgery and came out with spinal cord injury. They told me I will never walk again. Couldn't even feel my toes. From the waist down couldn't move or feel anything. Imagine how you would feel. Would you give up or fight. Because I choose to fight now I went from not moving to moving to a lift to walker to now elbow crutch. They gave me .o1 % out of 200, 000 to walk but when you are a believe thats enought. I love you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart. God bless and please share.

I wonder what would lead anyone in the medical profession to quantify a probability as ".o1 %" out of 200, 000?
This guy is all fucked and he is still lying in a way that makes no sense, it is amazing

I hope he sued them for crippling him.

He walks in to repair an Aorta and walks out with with crippling spinal injury, wtf!?!

"1"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
I hope he sued them for crippling him.

He walks in to repair an Aorta and walks out with with crippling spinal injury, wtf!?!

"1"

I'm sure he signed a waiver, they always make you. Anyway, good for him.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »
He did the impossible!

Broke all the natural rules

Truly a Specimen of Peace!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »

Doesn't stop medical malpractice suits... He may never walk again, but I bet he'll never be broke.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »

Sure he did.  He had to sign a consent form of some sort, but if you go in for Brain surgery and then walk out with a ruptured spleen or perforated colon, that is a little more than a risk incurred by way of the procedure, that is downright medical malpractice.

The aorta is your body's largest artery if you will, there is no reason why they should have crippled him.  The spine is in the back of the body, the aorta runs anteriorly.

"1"

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 05:20:19 PM »
.01% chance out of 200,000??

That doesn't even make any sense ???

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »

Hater....0.01% chance out of 200,000 is way more impressive than just 0.01%

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 06:03:39 PM »

It doesn't, but mixing expressions has a 90% chance out of 350,000 of being funny.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 06:11:37 PM »
.01 x 200,000 = 2,000?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 06:24:17 PM »
He is among the select twenty

Arce, 0.01 % of 200000 = 20

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »

20/200,000 = 0.0001%?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
0.0001% x 200,000 = 20?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 06:59:25 PM »
Sure he did.  He had to sign a consent form of some sort, but if you go in for Brain surgery and then walk out with a ruptured spleen or perforated colon, that is a little more than a risk incurred by way of the procedure, that is downright medical malpractice.

The aorta is your body's largest artery if you will, there is no reason why they should have crippled him.  The spine is in the back of the body, the aorta runs anteriorly.

"1"

I remember some poster explained it some time ago, that the heart procedure he went underwent carried some risks with it, one of them being paralyzed. I have no idea how they were connected.
from incomplete data

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »

I think Dimm misheard the doctor.  He actually said Chris had a 1 out of 2 chance of walking again.
N

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »
100% PED

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
Doesn't stop medical malpractice suits... He may never walk again, but I bet he'll never be broke.

I think nowadays it's capped in some states. In some cases 250K max.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
I think nowadays it's capped in some states. In some cases 250K max.

Unfortunately that's more than he would have ever made as a bodybuilder. :'(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »
heroic and inspirational

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »
During the early 1980s, the rate of paralysis after aortic surgery was as high as 41% in patients for the most complex thoracoabdominal aortic operations. After comparing human and chacma baboon (papio ursinus) spinal cord vascular anatomy, an animal model was established to study the pathophysiology of aortic cross-clamping and the aetiology of the paralysis. Techniques, including motor evoked responses for monitoring spinal cord function, were developed that were tried in humans and later culminated in prospective and randomized studies. These established that the following were protective: combining cerebrospinal fluid with intrathecal papaverine; cooling systemically to moderate or profound hypothermia; minimizing intercostal ischaemia time; using a sequential segmental repair approach; re-attaching all patent and segmental intercostal arteries below T8 for descending thoracic aortic repair and from T6 to L2 for thoracoabdominal repairs; continuing cerebrospinal fluid drainage for at least two days and maintaining patients hypertensive after surgery. The net result has been that, in two of our recent series, the risk of permanent paralysis has been reduced to between 3.1% and 3.8%.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 01:22:02 AM »
I think Dimm misheard the doctor.  He actually said Chris had a 1 out of 2 chance of walking again.

Hahaha, a 1 out of 2 chance of ever walking again, hinging on whether he decided to get out of bed.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 05:08:40 AM »
.01 x 200,000 = 2,000?

10% = 20,000

1% = 2,000

.1% = 200

.01% = 20

.001% = 2