Author Topic: baseball HOF says no inductees....  (Read 9195 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
baseball HOF says no inductees....
« on: January 09, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
 ;D baseball's HOF says no to everyone. craig biggio got closest 68.2 percent need 75%
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: baseball HOF says no inductees....
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:43:05 PM »
Raines should be in at the very least.

Sportswriters need to get off their soapbox and accept the realities of the game.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:23:44 PM »
Bullshit. Bonds et al should be in. I hate the holier than though attitude these sports writers have, as if no one else's juicing.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:46:16 AM »
time to replace the writers, get someone else to vote.5 idiots sent in blank ballots. 7 cy young's and 7 MVP don't count for anything. pete rose should be in tooooooo.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »
time to replace the writers, get someone else to vote.5 idiots sent in blank ballots. 7 cy young's and 7 MVP don't count for anything. pete rose should be in tooooooo.

Agreed, although  the writers can't vote in Rose.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 10:20:43 AM »

No shit, their sense of entitlement astounds me.  They don't serve as much of a purpose anymore, with television, internet, they are really not important .

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 11:23:50 PM »
I was just reading Jason Verlander wiki/stats. Crazy resume. He's the guy who claims to be clean all his life and wants better testing. What I found interesting about Verlander is that when he was a senior in High School(basically 18) years old, he threw 85 mph. Which is average. As a pro he's touched 102 on the radar gun. lol. He's gained upward of 16mph as a young adult to an older adult. Basically unheard of. Some may say he learned how to throw and that's where the power came from. ok maybe. To put it into perspective, Roger Clemens threw 98mph as a 18 year old. And threw 98mph into his early to mid 30's. Then dropped down to lower 90's. Verlander threw 85mph as an 18 year old. 100mph while in his late 20's to early 30's. Now at 33 is starting to drop off a tad. But can still get it up there touching 97mph at times...Who's the clean guy and who's the dirty guy?