Author Topic: O-Twink to have Anti-Gay Pastor give prayer at innaugaration  (Read 10243 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: O-Twink to have Anti-Gay Pastor give prayer at innaugaration
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 09:18:41 AM »
sorry find somthing else

BREAKING: Anti-gay pastor removed from inaugural program http://thkpr.gs/WSBcW2

Louis Giglio, the anti-LGBT pastor who had been announced to perform the benediction at President Obama’s second inauguration, has been removed from the program, ABC News’s Jonathan Karl reported Thursday.

The move came after ThinkProgress reported Wednesday that in the 1990s, Giglio had given a lengthy sermon in which he advocated for dangerous “ex-gay” therapy for gay and lesbian people, referenced a biblical passage often interpreted to require gay people be executed, and impelled Christians to “firmly respond to the aggressive agenda” and prevent the “homosexual lifestyle” from becoming accepted in society

read more: http://twitter.com/jonkarl/statuses/289400247824830465

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22:32 AM »
He still used Rick warren.  Not a wise choice, Obama.  Seemed like a political choice at the time.
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »
Oh damn, that little whinefest was snipped in the bud right away.

Another thread to file under FAIL.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:11:35 AM »
Where is the controversy?  He needs to find a Christian who doesn't believe homosexuality is a sin??  The kind of censorship that McWay has mentioned for years is coming. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »
Where is the controversy?  He needs to find a Christian who doesn't believe homosexuality is a sin??  The kind of censorship that McWay has mentioned for years is coming. 

hardly censorship as any christian can say whatever he wants, write whatever he wants, etc..

many christians don't believe homosexuality is a sin and it certainly doesn't appear that Obama believes that so why would he want someone speaking who does believe that ?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »

censorship? The guy quit didn't he? I haven't seen an article saying he was forced out unless you want to distort "censorship" to mean "social pressure"  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

hardly censorship as any christian can say whatever he wants, write whatever he wants, etc..

many christians don't believe homosexuality is a sin and it certainly doesn't appear that Obama believes that so why would he want someone speaking who does believe that ?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »
censorship? The guy quit didn't he? I haven't seen an article saying he was forced out unless you want to distort "censorship" to mean "social pressure"  ::)

I didn't call it censorship.  I said it's coming.  This is akin to censorship, because he was probably forced to "quit" over his noncontroversial, garden variety, Biblically based view of homosexuality.  They're trying to dictate what pastors say about homosexuality from the pulpit.  Pretty alarming.  

So now they have to scour the religious ranks for a Christian pastor who doesn't believe homosexuality is a sin.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
I didn't call it censorship.  I said it's coming.  This is akin to censorship, because he was probably forced to "quit" over his noncontroversial, garden variety, Biblically based view of homosexuality.  They're trying to dictate what pastors say about homosexuality from the pulpit.  Pretty alarming.  

So now they have to scour the religious ranks for a Christian pastor who doesn't believe homosexuality is a sin.  

it's not censorship or akin to it

he has no "right" to speak at this event and he can say or write anything he wants

No one is stopping him from saying anything he wants from his pulpit and the only alarming thing is that he made it on the list in the first place.   You'd think they would have a better system in place for weeding out bigots and weirdos by now

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 10:47:52 AM »

what's with your queer obsession with Obama?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »
what's with your queer obsession with Obama?

I just wish he would come out of the closet and be open about it by now on  this, as well as everything else from his drug abuse, communist ties, etc. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 11:12:26 AM »

Shouldn't be too hard as the outlook is changing year after year.   Just as the Bible projected views of interracial marriage being a sin, this too will eventually pass.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »
Shouldn't be too hard as the outlook is changing year after year.   Just as the Bible projected views of interracial marriage being a sin, this too will eventually pass.

you're forgetting that Bum probably doesn't think those people are real christians

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »

Not really.  At least as it relates to mainstream Christianity, and specifically Christian pastors.  There have been some denominations that have endorsed homosexual marriage, but nothing has really changed when it comes to Christian pastors talking about the nature of homosexuality.  This is one area that is pretty clear when it comes to Christianity.    

I would agree that society's outlook has changed, dramatically, over the past 20 years or so.    

The Bible says interracial marriage is a sin?  Where?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
Not really.  At least as it relates to mainstream Christianity, and specifically Christian pastors.  There have been some denominations that have endorsed homosexual marriage, but nothing has really changed when it comes to Christian pastors talking about the nature of homosexuality.  This is one area that is pretty clear when it comes to Christianity.    

I would agree that society's outlook has changed, dramatically, over the past 20 years or so.    

The Bible says interracial marriage is a sin?  Where?  

translation - they are not real christians

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »

from what I read, the pastor has since changed his views and he hasn't preached on homosexuality in 15-20 years.

I wouldn't sound the battle trumpets just yet lol.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »
I don't know why a Pastor should pray at the inauguration.

This is not a Christian country and there isn't a single Christian in that cabinet.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »
from what I read, the pastor has since changed his views and he hasn't preached on homosexuality in 15-20 years.

I wouldn't sound the battle trumpets just yet lol.

He no longer believes what the Bible says about homosexuality? 

I'd still have the band warming up.   :)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »
The move came after ThinkProgress reported Wednesday that in the 1990s, Giglio had given a lengthy sermon in which he advocated for dangerous “ex-gay” therapy for gay and lesbian people, referenced a biblical passage often interpreted to require gay people be executed, and impelled Christians to “firmly respond to the aggressive agenda” and prevent the “homosexual lifestyle” from becoming accepted in society

...and secured his gig at the next Republican inauguration.
 ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »

...and secured his gig at the next Republican inauguration.
 ;D

If its Hillary v "Jeb" or "Rubio" - there won't be another repub in 2016.  We will be saddled w 4 more years of garbage. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »
 :D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 01:04:53 PM »
If its Hillary v "Jeb" or "Rubio" - there won't be another repub in 2016.  We will be saddled w 4 more years of garbage. 

Agree.

But really, the repubs need to shut the fk up about religion, sexuality, and other social matters that have little if any impact on the way the country is run. Times are different now. People are different. I would venture to say that our society is currently the most socially liberal it's ever been; including members of all parties...except Rick Santorum, who even my most conservative friends find revolting.

Montague

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »

Agree.

But really, the repubs need to shut the fk up about religion, sexuality, and other social matters that have little if any impact on the way the country is run. Times are different now. People are different. I would venture to say that our society is currently the most socially liberal it's ever been; including members of all parties...except Rick Santorum, who even my most conservative friends find revolting.

Yeah - the "social cons" need to give it a rest for a while in demanding legal approaches to these issues.   Younger voters are repulsed by this stuff, but the fiscal issues should be a slam dunk for the repubs now w the mess obama has made