Author Topic: O-Twink to have Anti-Gay Pastor give prayer at innaugaration  (Read 10262 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: O-Twink to have Anti-Gay Pastor give prayer at innaugaration
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »

Yeah - the "social cons" need to give it a rest for a while in demanding legal approaches to these issues.   Younger voters are repulsed by this stuff, but the fiscal issues should be a slam dunk for the repubs now w the mess obama has made

But, they're not.

The guy who actually know how businesses and economies are run got beat by "Baracka Claus". And, since that guy won the independents, the major reason he lost would be the base not coming out strong.

The "social cons" are part of that base. It's safe to say no Republican is winning the White House without them. Say what you want about Bush; but, he got the "social cons" to the polls and he WON. He even picked off some in the black and Latino communities, increasing his tallies in both from his 2000 run to his 2004 re-election.

Few, if any, social conservatives aren't also fiscal ones. So, for me, there's no "either/or" scenario.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »
One of the major issues that turns me off about the republicans is the religion talk.  

It turns off a lot of folks.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »
For landlines!  No for cell phones which ObamaDoc great expanded to include all his ghetto peeps. 

yeah because the program didn't exist for cell phones before Obama got in office

is that what you're trying to say?

and aren't you a ghetto dweller too whats with ghetto peeps talk ?

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/lifeline-and-link-affordable-telephone-service-income-eligible-consumers

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »
I thought you disliked gays?

the dude is the biggest closet case on this board

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »
the dude is the biggest closet case on this board

New rules so hard for you bro.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »

why are you the ONLY PERSON crying about new rules all the time and what exactly is the reason for your gay obsession with Obama?

You can't seem to stop talking about it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »
why are you the ONLY PERSON crying about new rules all the time and what exactly is the reason for your gay obsession with Obama?

You can't seem to stop talking about it

I find it humorous how he just can't come out of the closet.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »

I find it humorous how he just can't come out of the closet.

that's because he's not gay

I find it really humorous that you can't come out of the closet and also can't stop talking about how you think Obama is gay

The "sources" for all your gay shit (which I assume you must go LOOK for) are completely worthless but still you seem to have no standard for stuff like that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »
that's because he's not gay

I find it really humorous that you can't come out of the closet and also can't stop talking about how you think Obama is gay

The "sources" for all your gay shit (which I assume you must go LOOK for) are completely worthless but still you seem to have no standard for stuff like that

Pic of Obama and Chandoo is obvious.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »
Pic of Obama and Chandoo is obvious.

apparently to you

what does that tell you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
apparently to you

what does that tell you?

Bro I like chicks w big asses and fat tits.  Not into dudes.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
Bro I like chicks w big asses and fat tits.  Not into dudes.

sure you do

you are a guy who is obsessed with the idea of Obama being gay and you can tell he is gay by looking at a photo

that doesn't sound at all gay

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »
sure you do

you are a guy who is obsessed with the idea of Obama being gay and you can tell he is gay by looking at a photo

that doesn't sound at all gay

Looks like 33 has a gay-dar.

Dont you have to be gay to have that ability?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »

Grow a pair.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2014, 05:15:48 PM »
I didn't call it censorship.  I said it's coming.  This is akin to censorship, because he was probably forced to "quit" over his noncontroversial, garden variety, Biblically based view of homosexuality.  They're trying to dictate what pastors say about homosexuality from the pulpit.  Pretty alarming.  

So now they have to scour the religious ranks for a Christian pastor who doesn't believe homosexuality is a sin.  

This is something that Colossus and McWay have mentioned was coming for years.

City of Houston demands pastors turn over sermons
By Todd Starnes
Published October 14, 2014
FoxNews.com

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city’s first openly lesbian mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.

“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Christina Holcomb said in a statement. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions.”

ADF, a nationally-known law firm specializing in religious liberty cases, is representing five Houston pastors. They filed a motion in Harris County court to stop the subpoenas arguing they are “overbroad, unduly burdensome, harassing, and vexatious.”

“Political and social commentary is not a crime,” Holcomb said. “It is protected by the First Amendment.”

The subpoenas are just the latest twist in an ongoing saga over the Houston’s new non-discrimination ordinance. The law, among other things, would allow men to use the ladies room and vice versa.  The city council approved the law in June.

The Houston Chronicle reported opponents of the ordinance launched a petition drive that generated more than 50,000 signatures – far more than the 17,269 needed to put a referendum on the ballot.

However, the city threw out the petition in August over alleged irregularities.

After opponents of the bathroom bill filed a lawsuit the city’s attorneys responded by issuing the subpoenas against the pastors.

The pastors were not part of the lawsuit. However, they were part of a coalition of some 400 Houston-area churches that opposed the ordinance. The churches represent a number of faith groups – from Southern Baptist to non-denominational.

“City council members are supposed to be public servants, not ‘Big Brother’ overlords who will tolerate no dissent or challenge,” said ADF attorney Erik Stanley.  “This is designed to intimidate pastors.”

Mayor Parker will not explain why she wants to inspect the sermons. I contacted City Hall for a comment and received a terse reply from the mayor’s director of communications.

“We don’t comment on litigation,” said Janice Evans.

However, ADF attorney Stanley suspects the mayor wants to publicly shame the ministers. He said he anticipates they will hold up their sermons for public scrutiny. In other words – the city is rummaging for evidence to “out” the pastors as anti-gay bigots.

Among those slapped with a subpoena is Steve Riggle, the senior pastor of Grace Community Church. He was ordered to produce all speeches and sermons related to Mayor Annise Parker, homosexuality and gender identity.

The mega-church pastor was also ordered to hand over “all communications with members of your congregation” regarding the non-discrimination law.

“This is an attempt to chill pastors from speaking to the cultural issues of the day,” Riggle told me. “The mayor would like to silence our voice. She’s a bully.”

David Welch, director of the Houston Area Pastor Council, also received a subpoena. He said he will not be intimidated by the mayor.

“We’re not afraid of this bully,” he said. “We’re not intimidated at all.”

He accused the city of violating the law with the subpoenas and vowed to stand firm in the faith.

“We are not going to yield our First Amendment rights,” Welch told me. ‘This is absolutely a complete abuse of authority.”

Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council, said pastors around the nation should rally around the Houston ministers.

“The state is breaching the wall of separation between church and state,” Perkins told me. ‘Pastors need to step forward and challenge this across the country. I’d like to see literally thousands of pastors after they read this story begin to challenge government authorities – to dare them to come into their churches and demand their sermons.”

Perkins called the actions by Houston’s mayor “obscene” and said they “should not be tolerated.”

“This is a shot across the bow of the church,” he said.

This is the moment I wrote about in my book, “God Less America.” I predicted that the government would one day try to silence American pastors. I warned that under the guise of “tolerance and diversity” elected officials would attempt to deconstruct religious liberty.

Sadly, that day arrived sooner than even I expected.

Tony Perkins is absolutely right. Now is the time for pastors and people of faith to take a stand.  We must rise up and reject this despicable strong-arm attack on religious liberty. We cannot allow ministers to be intimidated by government thugs.

The pastors I spoke to tell me they will not comply with the subpoena – putting them at risk for a “fine or confinement, or both.”

Heaven forbid that should happen. But if it does, Christians across America should be willing to descend en masse upon Houston and join these brave men of God behind bars.

Pastor Welch compared the culture war skirmish to the 1836 Battle of San Jacinto, fought in present-day Harris County, Texas. It was a decisive battle of the Texas Revolution.

“This is the San Jacinto moment for traditional family,” Welch told me. “This is the place where we stop the LGBT assault on the freedom to practice our faith.”

We can no longer remain silent. We must stand together - because one day – the government might come for your pastor.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/14/city-houston-demands-pastors-turn-over-sermons/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2014, 02:06:49 PM »
Houston to pastors:  Forget your sermons, now we want your speeches
By Todd Starnes
Published October 17, 2014
FoxNews.com

Five Christian pastors will no longer have to turn their sermons over to attorneys for the city of Houston. Instead, they will be forced to turn over their speeches related to the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance (HERO).

I don’t mean to point out the obvious here – but what do those attorneys think a sermon is? It’s a speech.

According to an amended motion filed Friday in Harris County, Texas court, the city’s attorneys will no longer demand sermons related to homosexuals, gender identity, or Mayor Annise Parker – Houston's first openly lesbian mayor.

The amended subpoenas do require the pastors to turn over “all speeches or presentations related to HERO” – along with 17 different categories of information.

I don’t mean to point out the obvious here – but what do those attorneys think a sermon is? It’s a speech.
The Alliance Defending Freedom is a religious liberty law firm that is representing the pastors. Attorney Erik Stanley tells me the amended subpoenas don’t solve anything.

“The city of Houston still doesn’t get it,” he said. “The subpoenas still ask for information that encompasses speeches made by the pastors and private communications with their church members.”

Stanley said the only resolution is for the city to rescind the subpoenas entirely.

“This tramples their First Amendment rights to free speech and the free exercise of religion,” Stanley said. “Any inquiry into what these pastors did in standing against the ordinance passed by the city of Houston and encouraging members to sign the petition is a violation of the First Amendment.”

The subpoenas were issued in a response to a lawsuit filed related to HERO, also known as the “Bathroom Bill.” Religious groups were opposed to a provision of the law that would allow men who identify as women to use the restrooms of their choice.

The city’s attorney said the pastors were subpoenaed because they were helping to lead opposition to the Bathroom Bill.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Mayor Parker said on Friday, "We don't need to intrude on matters of faith to have equal rights in Houston, and it was never the intention of the city of Houston to intrude on any matters of faith or to get between a pastor and their parishioners."

Folks, that's a load of grade A fertilizer.

"We don't want their sermons, we want the instructions on the petition process. That's always what we wanted and, again, they knew that's what we wanted because that's the subject of the lawsuit," she said.

There's just one problem, Madam Mayor, the pastors aren't party to the lawsuit. And if you weren't looking for their sermons, why did you put that in the subpoena.

The amended subpoenas are not likely to quell growing national outrage over what many are calling an all-out assault on religious liberty.

Sen. Ted Cruz forcefully denounced the city’s actions during a Thursday rally in support of the pastors in Houston.

“Caesar has no jurisdiction over the pulpit,” Cruz said to a cheering crowd of pastors and supporters. “When you subpoena one pastor, you subpoena every pastor.”

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott issued a blistering letter to the city attorney Wednesday night – demanding they immediately rescind the subpoenas.

He called the subpoenas “aggressive and invasive” and said they show “no regard for the very serious First Amendment considerations at stake.”

“Whether you intend it to be so or not, your action is a direct assault on the religious liberty guaranteed by the First Amendment,” Abbott wrote.

Also on Wednesday, Mayor Parker issued a defiant statement on Twitter – justifying the city’s attack on the ministers.

“If the 5 pastors used pulpits for politics, their sermons are fair game,” Parker tweeted.

Stanley said the mayor’s tweet revealed the city’s true intent.

“I think the mayor’s comment unmasks what the city is really after,” he said. “The city views these pastors and the communications they make with their members, their sermons, and their speeches as fair game.”

He said it was nothing more than a “strong-arm intimidation tactic to silence these pastors.”

“They are sending a message that you better not go up against City Hall on these issues,” Stanley added.

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins had a strong reaction to the city of Houston's latest move. He told me Friday, "this head-fake might fool some, but the reality is, Mayor Parker didn’t need a subpoena to access those sermons in the first place. "They were already public," he said.

"In this ‘new’ filing, the mayor still insists on seeing private emails, texts, and other communications related to the mayor’s office and the city’s Bathroom Bill.’ While two words – ‘or sermons’ – are dropped from the ‘revised’ subpoena, the government intrusion into private religious affairs remains.  The ‘revised’ subpoena is a difference without a distinction."   

Alliance Defending Freedom said they will move forward with a request to quash the subpoenas. Regardless of the outcome, the pastors will not turn over any documents to the city.

As Senator Cruz so eloquently said, Caesar has no jurisdiction over the pulpit.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/17/houston-to-pastors-forget-your-sermons-now-want-your-speeches/

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2014, 02:14:19 AM »
BB, if the articles from your 2 posts are the only reading you've done about why the city of Houston has issued subpoenas for communications about HERO by some its religious leaders, it's no wonder that you don't seem to understand what's going on.

Sheee-it, if it were up to me, I'd yank the tax-exempt status from churches that engage in political activity like organizing referendums and the like.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2014, 02:08:42 PM »
BB, if the articles from your 2 posts are the only reading you've done about why the city of Houston has issued subpoenas for communications about HERO by some its religious leaders, it's no wonder that you don't seem to understand what's going on.

Sheee-it, if it were up to me, I'd yank the tax-exempt status from churches that engage in political activity like organizing referendums and the like.

You don't see what a blatant and troubling violation of the First Amendment this is by trying to subpoena pastors sermons involving homosexuality?  This is indefensible.  I honestly thought the only person who would be condoning this was the Village Idiot, but I guess I was wrong.   :-\

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
You don't see what a blatant and troubling violation of the First Amendment this is by trying to subpoena pastors sermons involving homosexuality?  This is indefensible.  I honestly thought the only person who would be condoning this was the Village Idiot, but I guess I was wrong.   :-\

"Condoning"?  I'm not saying that. 

What I am saying is that you don't seem to understand the situation if all you've read are the 2 articles you've posted.

If that's wrong, then see if you can summarize issue.  Bonus points if you can explain the reasoning for BOTH sides.

Super-extra bonus points if you use the legal term "discovery", lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2014, 06:38:05 PM »
"Condoning"?  I'm not saying that.  

What I am saying is that you don't seem to understand the situation if all you've read are the 2 articles you've posted.

If that's wrong, then see if you can summarize issue.  Bonus points if you can explain the reasoning for BOTH sides.

Super-extra bonus points if you use the legal term "discovery", lol.

How about you stop using cryptic language and just say why you think it's not a trampling of the First Amendment for the government to subpoena sermons given by pastors that mention homosexuality?  

Bonus if you can do it without making a complete fool of yourself.  :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2014, 09:37:39 PM »
How about you stop using cryptic language and just say why you think it's not a trampling of the First Amendment for the government to subpoena sermons given by pastors that mention homosexuality?  

Bonus if you can do it without making a complete fool of yourself.  :)

What's cryptic about me suggesting that I don't think you understand what's going on? 

Do you think you understand the story? 

Seriously, it's no big thing if you say you don't  -- Both of those articles you posted would have just about anyone scratching their head afterwards if they were asked why they think that those subpoenas were issued.

Let me know if you're interested to know more and I'll copy-pasta an article that should find informative.   (I'm not saying that you'll change your mind about whether you object to the subpoenas being issued but you'll definitely have a better understanding of why they were issued in the first place.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »
What's cryptic about me suggesting that I don't think you understand what's going on? 

Do you think you understand the story? 

Seriously, it's no big thing if you say you don't  -- Both of those articles you posted would have just about anyone scratching their head afterwards if they were asked why they think that those subpoenas were issued.

Let me know if you're interested to know more and I'll copy-pasta an article that should find informative.   (I'm not saying that you'll change your mind about whether you object to the subpoenas being issued but you'll definitely have a better understanding of why they were issued in the first place.)

Dude stop trying to bait me.  If you have something you want to say about this issue, then just say it. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2014, 03:20:51 PM »
Dude stop trying to bait me.  If you have something you want to say about this issue, then just say it. 

You don't sound so interested so I'll pass for now, I think.

lol.  You've pulled that, "I didn't read the article because blah, blah, blah" too many times. 

Leading horse to water and all that...

Besides, only the religious folks here might be interested and since the story is fairly involved, it's not really their cup of tea.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »
You don't sound so interested so I'll pass for now, I think.

lol.  You've pulled that, "I didn't read the article because blah, blah, blah" too many times. 

Leading horse to water and all that...

Besides, only the religious folks here might be interested and since the story is fairly involved, it's not really their cup of tea.

Absolute horse manure.  With one exception (the resident lying liar), anytime someone asks me to read something on here, I do.  But I can see you are full of crap.  It's ok.  You saved yourself some embarrassment for the day.   :)