Author Topic: OVER/UNDER on Cutler coming up with mysterious illness or injury?  (Read 6528 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: OVER/UNDER on Cutler coming up with mysterious illness or injury?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »
i think Jay has every intention of competing. This isnt Ronnies half-hearted "I'll be back" bullshit where even he knew he was full of shit and couldn't keep a straight face.

Jay signed a contract and talks about getting back up there in every video and interview he does, and is touring the country on a sponsored "comeback" tour.

I don't think the people footing the bill will be too pleased if he says "ahh ...fuck it" a month before the show. I'm not one of those guys that pretends to have inside info, but i would think hes obligated in writing to compete at this point.

AVBG

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 10:53:56 PM »
Im not following bodybuilding but why wouldn't he.. am i missing something here? still money to be made

Jay knows his best is behind him, stringing folks along is part of his 401k plan.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 10:54:51 PM »
Brett Farve lives!
a

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 12:23:46 AM »
My theory has always been "We will never see Jay on the competitive stage again - he's too smart".

But he says he will be back.   Who are we to doubt him?   

he's been back enough!
T

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 12:37:19 AM »
So if he just gets mad enough the issues with his body will go away and he will once again have a Sandow-worthy physique?  ::)

brutal truth... i've said in the past he'll never compete again, but if what groink's said is true, i could be wrong.  i just don't understand the mentality... does he really need the money that bad?  i would be too embarrassed to step on stage if i were him.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 04:01:45 AM »
brutal truth... i've said in the past he'll never compete again, but if what groink's said is true, i could be wrong.  i just don't understand the mentality... does he really need the money that bad?  i would be too embarrassed to step on stage if i were him.

Pure speculation on my part...it just seems that Jay is going to An awful lot of trouble for someone who has no intention of competing.

And he doesn't strike me as the type who would tarnish his "all business" rep and catch a ton of shit...he competed with a fucked up bicep his last time out.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:16 AM »
Sooooooooooooo wrong, nothing can be further from the truth,it will be 100% impossible that he DOES NOT compete. It is not even a question, he is competing 100% anyone who thinks other wise knows jack about bodybuilding, he is already putting all his eggs in this one basket and 1000's of dollars are being spent promoting his return on stage.  Don't know how anyone on the planet can think he is not competing, it is a done deal he will be doing the Olympia, I will bet anyone 1000 dollars cash right now and I will give them 2 to 1 odds, let's send the money to a mod. he is doing the Olympia 100% and you guys who think other wise are foolishly wrong ,dead wrong.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 09:17:09 AM »
No I did not. If I did, please remind me because I don't remember.

Me: I'll go against the grain and say Jay will not compete this year or ever again. I think he is just using the hype of competing for financial gains.

You: I'd honestly bet a million dollars to say you are wrong

Me: You could be right, that was just my opinion. To me, Jay looked too happy for Phil to win last year. Almost like his time had came and gone, and the pressure was off to be the best.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 09:28:51 AM »
bb friend of mine has one of the same sponsors as jay

he is doing the show 100 percent

he will finish second splitting phil and kai

dexter will be fourth
T

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 09:49:04 AM »
bb friend of mine has one of the same sponsors as jay

he is doing the show 100 percent

he will finish second splitting phil and kai

dexter will be fourth
Very possible scenario. The chances of beaten Phil are extremely low, Phil got pushed hard and he will go as far as is humanly possible to go this year, for sure the best Phil will come out this year. Kai's second place will only fuel him to go harder (if that is even possible) so I predict the best kai as well. Dexter is coming back harder then ever as well, if he wins the Arnold I am convinced his hunger is back greater then ever.

Jay may not respond the way his body has responded before and although a lay off is good for the body but not at this level, it may hinder his perception and he may train with less intensity, almost everyone does after a tear like his. So not saying it is not possible for him to come in second or even win but highly unlikely, he may drop to 3rd or 4th this year.

And let's not forget Rhoden either, he is financially better, he is coming off a break through year. He is taking a year off. If this guy puts on ten lb of muscle where it counts he will look insane, may even surprise everyone and give Phil a run. will be a very interesting O.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 09:50:21 AM »
Jay said he'd be back in 2012 despite the injury.  He said htis after the injury.  Didn't work out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 09:52:39 AM »
Jay knows his best is behind him, stringing folks along is part of his 401k plan.

Ronnie did that.  Still doing it.

I dont think Jay would stoop to such a level though.   Faking injuries each year, keeping up the comeback talk just to keep his name relevant?

I think true Bbing fans will know VERY early on if Jay is competing - as the show is 20, 16, 12 weeks out, if we see him looking small, then people will know.  Likewise, if he's jacked like a mack truck, then we know he's back.

Right now, it's just talk, and it keeps him on covers.  Will he back it up in 2013?

AVBG

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »
Ronnie did that.  Still doing it.

I dont think Jay would stoop to such a level though.   Faking injuries each year, keeping up the comeback talk just to keep his name relevant?

I think true Bbing fans will know VERY early on if Jay is competing - as the show is 20, 16, 12 weeks out, if we see him looking small, then people will know.  Likewise, if he's jacked like a mack truck, then we know he's back.

Right now, it's just talk, and it keeps him on covers.  Will he back it up in 2013?

Please don't be so naive enough to think Jay is above and beyond that. The mulatto he's keeping can't be cheap to run.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »
are they still Mr O' Quailty hammys  ??? ??? ???

Jay Cutler

Killin It Swole Monkey Style!
 January 5 via mobile