Author Topic: world's safest airliners  (Read 3288 times)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
world's safest airliners
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:06:51 AM »

So what airliner would you pick for your holiday flights?
You might want to consider again.

Brand new listing from German brothers.
Americans often keep noise about how good and safe their airliners are but highest ranked American company is just at pos 14 - only slightly higher than first RUS company at pos 16  ;D

Finnish national airliner Finnair of course on top, bitches  8)

1 Finnair Finnland
2 Air New Zealand Neuseeland
3 Cathay Pacific Hongkong
4 Emirates Ver. Arab. Emirate
5 Etihad Airways Ver.
6 EVA Air Taiwan
7 TAP Portugal Portugal
8 Hainan Airlines China
9 Virgin Australia Australien
10 British Airways Großbritannien
11 Lufthansa Deutschland
12 All Nippon Airways Japan
13 Qantas Australien
14 JetBlue Airways USA
15 Virgin Atlantic Airways Großbritannien
16 Transaero Airlines Russland

Complete listing:
http://www.aerointernational.de/service/sicherheitsranking/Aero-0213-Sicherheitranking-2012.pdf

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: world's safest airliners
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 01:34:44 AM »
So what airliner would you pick for your holiday flights?
You might want to consider again.

Brand new listing from German brothers.
Americans often keep noise about how good and safe their airliners are but highest ranked American company is just at pos 14 - only slightly higher than first RUS company at pos 16  ;D

Finnish national airliner Finnair of course on top, bitches  8)

1 Finnair Finnland
2 Air New Zealand Neuseeland
3 Cathay Pacific Hongkong
4 Emirates Ver. Arab. Emirate
5 Etihad Airways Ver.
6 EVA Air Taiwan
7 TAP Portugal Portugal
8 Hainan Airlines China
9 Virgin Australia Australien
10 British Airways Großbritannien
11 Lufthansa Deutschland
12 All Nippon Airways Japan
13 Qantas Australien
14 JetBlue Airways USA
15 Virgin Atlantic Airways Großbritannien
16 Transaero Airlines Russland

Complete listing:
http://www.aerointernational.de/service/sicherheitsranking/Aero-0213-Sicherheitranking-2012.pdf

lol at the rossiyan airline in 16 - fake poll.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:40:18 AM »
I've done a fair amount of flying over the last few years... some of these planes are scary as hell in the US. I flew on a puddle jumper from Pittsburgh to Miami. The plane was literally no wider than a buick. I have double the seat room in my Honda Civic. I have been delayed many times for absolutely ridiculous stuff like someone overfilling the plane with fuel, someone forgetting to move part xyz, etc.. At the major airports I have been to, some real degenerates are in charge of your basic safety on this plane. It is scary.

I haven't flown internationally before so I can't comment on other countries.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 01:47:05 AM »
lol at the rossiyan airline in 16 - fake poll.

wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:36:37 AM »
I've done a fair amount of flying over the last few years... some of these planes are scary as hell in the US. I flew on a puddle jumper from Pittsburgh to Miami. The plane was literally no wider than a buick. I have double the seat room in my Honda Civic. I have been delayed many times for absolutely ridiculous stuff like someone overfilling the plane with fuel, someone forgetting to move part xyz, etc.. At the major airports I have been to, some real degenerates are in charge of your basic safety on this plane. It is scary.

I haven't flown internationally before so I can't comment on other countries.

I fly constantly... Not just a "fair" amount... I literally am on flights all of the time, and I never really "fear" for my safety.

I would question how they come up with this "safety" rating?

I mean, how many airline crashes do you generally hear about overall?

One every 5 or 6 years?

I truly don't know, but I can tell you that I don't typically fear for my safety.

Maybe I should?

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 02:38:35 AM »
I fly constantly... Not just a "fair" amount... I literally am on flights all of the time, and I never really "fear" for my safety.

I mean, how many airline crashes do you generally hear about overall?

One every 5 or 6 years?

I truly don't know, but I can tell you that I don't typically fear for my safety.

Maybe I should?
I don't fear flying at all.. some of the things I have seen have made me uncomfortable though, especially with some of the smaller jets, but like you said I go with the odds and realize the chances of anything of actually happening are very very very slim.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 02:46:24 AM »

It's based not only on actual accidents but also on "serious close-calls" (that's the best translation I can come up with) relative to kilometers flown.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:51:46 AM »

It's based not only on actual accidents but also on "serious close-calls" (that's the best translation I can come up with) relative to kilometers flown.

Interesting... Like when 1 plane gets too close to another.

That would make some sense as to why the US airlines are all missing together as they share runway and airspace.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:49 AM »
I like virgin Australia and travel with them when I go overseas too...V Australia.  Quantas is over priced and sucks when it comes to service and food. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 05:05:21 AM »
I like virgin Australia and travel with them when I go overseas too...V Australia.  Quantas is over priced and sucks when it comes to service and food. 

Yes because food and service have a lot to do with safety.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 05:06:41 AM »

No Virgin wins hands down on safety here as well as service.  Quantas is always having probs with engines etc. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 10:04:19 AM »
I hate flying and have to take Xanax when I fly.  I am going to my doctor Monday to get my script for a flight I'm taking in a few weeks to Sint Maarten.  Flying back from Berlin was terrible, I took 4 Xanax and two Nyquil and was still a bit worried.  I don't know what it is, because I am not too afraid of heights.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »
No Virgin wins hands down on safety here as well as service.  Quantas is always having probs with engines etc. 
Qantas made the huge mistake of never ordering boeing 777-200's for their long haul flights when they should have.

They ended up with ancient 747's and a340's that were barely more than prototypes that both have serious issues.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:10 AM »

women; "their planes have nice colors so i like them"  ;D

Lovely beings  :-*

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 10:37:56 AM »

The number one, Finnair has practically never had incidents leading to death of passengers.
Three happened though when name of operator was Aero Oy... many many decades ago.

Plus one of those incidents was when crazy USSR shot their plane down so it was not their fault  :o
The reason for the shoot-down still remains a mystery today.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
I had to fly internationally a lot for my work, at one point I was flying close to 300,000 miles per year.  Anyways, my favorite two international airliners are British Airways and Singapore Airlines.  But I have also flown a number of times on Emirates and Qatar airways and those are really nice too - except for the fact that you're flying with a ton of Arabs - so that gets annoying (Yes I am Arab and I hate other Arabs lol).  
I was a Gold card with British Airways and you really got a lot of perks with them, the lounges in Heathrow were nice (although not as nice as Singapore Airline's lounge in Singapore), fast track through security check points, always guaranteed a seat on any British Airways flight even if its fully booked, priority check in, etc.  But their gold card is one of the hardest to maintain in comparison to other airliners, you really have to put in a lot of time in the air with them.

Domestically in the US I love Virgin and I love Jet Blue.  Really can't go wrong with either one of those, even if you have to pay a little more.

Worst airlines I've ever been on:  Iberia - FUCKING AWFUL!  And I've flown with them a number of times from Madrid to South America (12-14 hour flights one shot) and it was really really really bad!  Another REALLY bad airlines - Egypt Air!   Shitty ass service!  Oh and I hate Southwest... although they are cheap and almost always on time.... but old ass planes and basic service!

Edit:  Add to the list of worst airliners I've been on - China Air (though the food was actually good) and Dragon Air..... ugh!

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »
The number one, Finnair has practically never had incidents leading to death of passengers.
Three happened though when name of operator was Aero Oy... many many decades ago.

Plus one of those incidents was when crazy USSR shot their plane down so it was not their fault  :o
The reason for the shoot-down still remains a mystery today.

ah i see. the operators that have been on the longest get ranked lower because they have kept the same name?

stupid rankings..they dont have a clue how to handle the facts then. they arent alone.

the only way to compare different times in duty is to apply confidence bounds to the data and take the lower confidence level. anyone who has done any data handling knows that as basics.

those rankings arent worth shit then.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »
ah i see. the operators that have been on the longest get ranked lower because they have kept the same name?

stupid rankings..they dont have a clue how to handle the facts then. they arent alone.

the only way to compare different times in duty is to apply confidence bounds to the data and take the lower confidence level. anyone who has done any data handling knows that as basics.

those rankings arent worth shit then.

Bro, That's highly unlikely though I can't  be sure. Rating is done by German professionals - I assume they know their shit. You can for sure read more about the study at their site.

I was just speaking about our own airliner because I thought to share some info I've about the company most on this board don't probably know.
My text in post you quoted doesn't have anything to do with this rating. Just my personal presentation of Finnish aviation history!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
243, I've been reading rather disturbing material about the high-fat-diet in Finland....know what's going on ?

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
243, I've been reading rather disturbing material about the high-fat-diet in Finland....know what's going on ?

Haha, the usual; sheep heard about easy-to-follow diet "that would make them fit and healthy".
Everyone went full-out; at one point we were running out of butter in the grocery stores as people suddenly begun to consume it like fuk and manufacturers couldn't up the production fast enough - JUST INSANE SHIT  :o

Now I read some time ago that the consequences are already beginning to show in forms of elevated cholesterol levels, blood pressure and so on  :-\

BUT!
Did you hear that "Abu-Hanna" defected Finland to Dutchland few weeks ago  ;D
She accused, after living decades here, that Finland is a racist piece of shit country and Holland was so lovely and people so tolerate HAHA

LOLOLOL  ::)  You are free to keep her  ;D

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »
Ok I call those rankings bullshit. Does it take into account how many flights each airline operates? If one airline operates 10x the amount of flights than the other that means its not an even comparison and the figures are skewed.  Let me make it clear that flying airlines in the US, Canada, and Western Europe are extremely safe. Airlines in Eastern Europe, Asia, and most importantly Africa have much lower air safety standards.  I'm an airline pilot and have a good bit of inside info on this.  These figures also don't take into account outside nfluences like weather and air traffic controller error. Just my 2 cents.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »
Ok I call those rankings bullshit. Does it take into account how many flights each airline operates? If one airline operates 10x the amount of flights than the other that means its not an even comparison and the figures are skewed.  Let me make it clear that flying airlines in the US, Canada, and Western Europe are extremely safe. Airlines in Eastern Europe, Asia, and most importantly Africa have much lower air safety standards.  I'm an airline pilot and have a good bit of inside info on this.  These figures also don't take into account outside nfluences like weather and air traffic controller error. Just my 2 cents.

Yes it takes that in count.
As said earlier; relative to kilometers flown.  

Accept it yankee; you are not the shit.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »

BUT!
Did you hear that "Abu-Hanna" defected Finland to Dutchland few weeks ago  ;D
She accused, after living decades here, that Finland is a racist piece of shit country and Holland was so lovely and people so tolerate HAHA

LOLOLOL  ::)  You are free to keep her  ;D
haha yeah I read about it. She's living in Amsterdam now....if you change your mind you can have her back no problem.   ;D

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
Yes it takes that in count.
As said earlier; relative to kilometers flown.

Accept it yankee; you are not the shit.

Sorry I missed that, my apologies.

Eurotrash!

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 12:43:48 PM »

Sorry I missed that, my apologies.

Eurotrash!

;D