Author Topic: "The Bible," a 10-part mini-series on The History Channel  (Read 5010 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
"The Bible," a 10-part mini-series on The History Channel
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:53:29 AM »

Hollywood is promising a series of Bible-based features in the coming months, from director Darren Aronofsky's "Noah" to a film centered on Pontius Pilate.

Will the projects adhere to the source material or interpret the classic stories to fit liberal narratives?

The new trailer for "The Bible" promises a more faithful approach to spiritual fare. From producers Roma Downey ("Touched By An Angel") and Mark Burnett ("The Voice," "Survivor," "Celebrity Apprentice") comes "The Bible," a 10-part mini-series to debut on The History Channel March 3.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/01/10/bible-trailer-promises-faithful-adaptation

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: "The Bible," a 10-part mini-series on The History Channel
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »
  Watching part two now

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:55:54 AM »
I thought Cecil B DeMille had dealt with that end of the fiction market
c

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 08:32:11 AM »
It's a great series so far, but I see little things in it that aren't quite correct.....part 2 included Samson and Delilah and some of the things included weren't quite right according to scripture (ex: the series showed Delilah cutting Samson's hair, but Delilah didn't actually cut it in scripture).....not a big deal of course and doesn't alter the core of the story/message in anyway, but just little stuff like that.  I understand they have to modify the story a bit to move it along.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
It's a great series so far, but I see little things in it that aren't quite correct.....part 2 included Samson and Delilah and some of the things included weren't quite right according to scripture (ex: the series showed Delilah cutting Samson's hair, but Delilah didn't actually cut it in scripture).....not a big deal of course and doesn't alter the core of the story/message in anyway, but just little stuff like that.  I understand they have to modify the story a bit to move it along.

Started to watch it the first night.  After many well-regarded ministries endorsed it and it didn't follow scripture (exactly) it was kind of disappointing so I switched over to The Walking Dead. ;D  I'm recording the series though and plan to watch it sometime.
R

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »
  I understand they have to modify the story a bit to move it along.

seems thats been happening since 33AD
c

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
seems thats been happening since 33AD

Please, continue....

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »
The problem I've found with some of these productions is that they modify the stories to appease the audience's current cultural acceptance. That's not right in my opinion. But i'll be honest I haven't watched this so I can't say but I've seen this in some of the stories pertaining to Moses, Abraham, David, Solomon movies, etc...

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 05:20:36 AM »
The problem I've found with some of these productions is that they modify the stories to appease the audience's current cultural acceptance. That's not right in my opinion. But i'll be honest I haven't watched this so I can't say but I've seen this in some of the stories pertaining to Moses, Abraham, David, Solomon movies, etc...

Well by this logic, you'd want to see a show about Mohammed murdering, raping, and pillaging in the name of accuracy. Because anything other then that, would be a completely manufactured work of fiction.

But showing the truth would lead to butthurt rioting wouldn't it? Hell a joke... Innocence of Mislims caused that. Imagine showing the real barbarism in a serious fashion. The world would prolly burn due to these savages.
$

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 06:24:13 AM »

Yep, I know exactly what you mean.  There's actually very few "bible movies" that are truly accurate....something is usually condensed or altered.   This series is pretty good so far, but it's not 100% accurate by any means LOL.  The gist is there for sure, but an accurate play-by-play it is not.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »
I saw a clip, concerning the portion of Daniel, where they have Cyrus release him from the lion's den.

That is not biblically accurate. It was Darius the Mede (identified by some Bible scholars as Gubaru), whom Cyrus appointed to rule Babylon, after taking it from acting king Belshazzar in 539 BC.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »
Im not particularly religious but I've really enjoyed this series

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 04:59:47 PM »
Another episode starts in a minute or two. Peter denies Jesus, and Judas betrays Him.

Seen a lot worse things on TV.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 09:30:33 AM »
I really enjoyed this series overall...the definite core of the message was there.  Was not 100% scriptural, but that material altered did not disrupt the core message.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »
I watched the series, wasn't too impressed by it. Certainly written by believers who either didn't care about the biblical accuracy or didn't know they were off base. Sad either way