Author Topic: Anyone else currently sick or sick this year? Worst flu season in years  (Read 4446 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Anyone else currently sick or sick this year? Worst flu season in years
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 09:25:11 AM »
Nope.  Try not standing so close to people and remove yourself completely from anyone sick.  Never touch your face.
With a face like yours I can see why you'd avoid touching it. :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:34 AM »
I only had the flu twice in my life and I'm in my 50's. So many people get a cold and say it's the flu. With the flu you are sick as a dog for 7 to 14 days. Then for two weeks you are weak as you recover with lingering symtoms.

I got a flu shot and so far so good. People in NJ are sick ever where. The flu shot is your best protection. They said the flu will peak in February so we are still in the flu season. The doctors who create the shot try to predict what strains are going to be active this season. One doctor on tv said they nailed it this year. Get a flu shot.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 10:24:16 AM »
I travel all over the US for work and planes and hotels are havens for the flu bug. I used to get it 1-2 a year. Until I started getting flu shots. I got my 5th one this year and I have not had the flu since I began getting them. Wife is the same way.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
twaddle how do you think aids epidemic began, do you not know that in order for your body to develop antibodies you have to be injected with the virus, people taking the flu shot are being injected with the flu virus..........some of you need to wake the fuck up.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
Both my daughters were just sick over the Christmas break! Luckily didn't get sick! Had the Swine Flu 3 yrs ago, was the sickest I have ever been in my life! Took about 10 days to get rid of knocked the shit out of me!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 12:00:24 PM »
I think you might be confused, so i'll try to clear a couple of things up for you.

twaddle how do you think aids epidemic began,
The HIV/Aids epidemic as you call it started from 2 different strains of virus that were transmitted to humans by way of primates.  The rapid transmission of the viruses were due to bad practice.  IE, unprotected sex, sharing of needles, mother to child (birth), blood transfusions.

do you not know that in order for your body to develop antibodies you have to be injected with the virus,
Yes, but the virus of any vaccine is killed or weakened.  Rendering it harmless to the host.

people taking the flu shot are being injected with the flu virus..........some of you need to wake the fuck up.
Yes, but in the case of flu vaccines, the virus has been killed which renders it harmless to your body.  There is no live virus in the flu shot, only live proteins.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 01:09:09 PM »
  Just got over it   I held a fever for eight days    nasty

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »
Everyone has been sick over here in Éire. I have a heacold I can't shake too but I've been boozing hard

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »
Everyone has been sick over here in Éire. I have a heacold I can't shake too but I've been boozing hard

is Eire near Cork?

those Cork lads have the coolest fucking accents 8)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »
Just getting over a cold right now. I did get a flu shot this year tho, for the first time in 10+ years.
A

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 03:48:46 PM »
I have been sick as hell the last two days. Yesterday I almost passed out walking up my stairs in the morning, and this time it wasn't from being an out of shape meathead. I am feeling better but I have been extremely proactive in my recovery. I have noticed a lot of people telling me they have been sick. Just a few days ago I was excited I was close to my all time biggest and strongest, now I am sick and lost about 7lbs, despite forcing myself to eat.

http://www.voanews.com/content/us_experiences_worst_flu_season_in_10_years/1581311.html
US Experiences Worst Flu Season in 10 Years

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says this is the worst flu season in the United States in 10 years, and the epidemic has not yet hit its peak.

Widespread flu is reported in 44 states, and the Centers for Disease Control says the percentage of people going to the hospital for treatment of flu symptoms has doubled in the past month. In some regions, hospitals are having to turn flu patients away.

The mayor of Boston declared a public health emergency Wednesday, with 10 times more cases reported than last year in the northeastern U.S. city.

U.S. health authorities say the flu arrived a month earlier than usual this year, in November, and the most prevalent flu strain - H3N2 - has a reputation for causing fairly severe illness, especially in the elderly.

The U.S. Centers for Disease control recommends that everyone over the age of six months get a flu shot. In recent years, the vaccine has been about 60 to 70 percent effective at preventing the flu.

I got a flu shot. They're provided for free to all Ontario residents. Haven't sneezed in a month.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »
i had bad sinus and snots and flu like symptoms for 2 weeks straight about 6 weeks ago, i never took a day off from work, im a real hard ass as they say

wouldve felt shittier if i was a meat eating fakgaot like some around here
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
With a face like yours I can see why you'd avoid touching it. :-X
Do you even shower, bro?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 08:56:08 PM »
I only had the flu twice in my life and I'm in my 50's. So many people get a cold and say it's the flu. With the flu you are sick as a dog for 7 to 14 days. Then for two weeks you are weak as you recover with lingering symtoms.

I got a flu shot and so far so good. People in NJ are sick ever where. The flu shot is your best protection. They said the flu will peak in February so we are still in the flu season. The doctors who create the shot try to predict what strains are going to be active this season. One doctor on tv said they nailed it this year. Get a flu shot.
Myth #1: There’s No Thimerosal (or Mercury) in the Flu Shot Anymore.

According to the CDC, vaccines labeled “thimerosal-free” often have a little asterisk next to those words which lead you to something like: “This vaccine has ‘trace’ amounts of thimerosal, which the FDA says is equivalent to thimerosal-free products.”  If we look closer into “thimerosal-free” vaccines, we will actually find that there is still a toxic amount of mercury contained in them.

There are two kinds of flu shots given.  One contains 25 mcg of mercury (in the form of thimerosal with is 50% mercury.  There is 50mcg of thimerosal in this flu shot) and is often given as the “regular” flu shot to those with no special circumstances.  The other kind of flu shot is labeled “thimerasol-free” (containing less than 3mcg of mercury) and is given to young children and pregnant women.

If we look at “safe” and “un-safe” levels of mercury, per the FDA, we find this:

2 ppb is the maximum amount of mercury that deems water “safe” for drinking

Anything over 200 ppb mercury is considered TOXIC [source - EPA]

After doing some math [you can check my math in the article: Vaccine Ingredients – A Comprehensive Guide], we find this:

There is up to 300 ppb mercury is in the “thimerosal-free” flu vaccine.

There is 25,000 ppb mercury given in the flu shot containing 25 mcg of thimerosal as a preservative.

No matter how you cut it, flu vaccines contain toxic amounts of mercury.  So yes, the flu vaccines still DOES contain thimerosal.  The claim that there is “no thimerasol” in the flu vaccine is a complete fallacy

Studies have shown that adequate amounts of Vitamin D during the flu months (when Vitamin D levels are at their lowest) can prevent people from contracting influenza up to 100% of the time!!  And even if your Vitamin D levels aren’t as high as they need to be to completely prevent the flu, even higher than average levels of Vitamin D can greatly minimize the symptoms of the flu if you catch it.  This is one of the only safe and natural ways to prevent the flu or lessen flu symptoms.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »

Have you heard of the term "24 HOUR FLU"

Most people who get the fu have a 24 hour fever and then get better over about 2 to 3 days following that. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 11:01:34 PM »
Although I have never had the flu (that I know of) I would often get colds when I still worked. It is an occupational hazard for anyone who works in an elementary school where parents send their sick kids to school so they don't miss work. All those little munchkins running around will snotty noses, sneezing and wiping their germy hands on everything, didn't make for a germ free environment. I have not been sick since I retired 3 years ago.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 06:47:02 AM »
Have you heard of the term "24 HOUR FLU"

Most people who get the fu have a 24 hour fever and then get better over about 2 to 3 days following that. I have no idea what you are talking about.

That's a cold or referring to the contagious stomach flu that has nothing to due with seasonal flu that the flu shot is given for. The 24 hour flu is the norovirus. I'm talking about the flu that has killed so many people throughout history. It's so common place for people with a cold to complain like a baby how they have the flu. The flu is devastating and that's why so many hospitals are being filled with people with the flu on the north east of the US. The term 24 hour flu is something that cry babies use because they don't want to say they have a cold or true sufferers from the 24 hour stomach flu. The 24 hour flu has nothing to due with the flu that the flu vaccine is given for. The 24 hours flu is a slang term for stomach flu. Around 1917 50 to 100 million people died from the flu.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 07:24:16 AM »
Had it bad over xmas vacation.  Drove through three states to see family spreading the virus as much and as often as I could.

Didn't want too....felt I owed it people.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 01:38:51 PM »
That's a cold or referring to the contagious stomach flu that has nothing to due with seasonal flu that the flu shot is given for. The 24 hour flu is the norovirus. I'm talking about the flu that has killed so many people throughout history. It's so common place for people with a cold to complain like a baby how they have the flu. The flu is devastating and that's why so many hospitals are being filled with people with the flu on the north east of the US. The term 24 hour flu is something that cry babies use because they don't want to say they have a cold or true sufferers from the 24 hour stomach flu. The 24 hour flu has nothing to due with the flu that the flu vaccine is given for. The 24 hours flu is a slang term for stomach flu. Around 1917 50 to 100 million people died from the flu.

Does it seem possible that the current flu outbreak is nothing unusual and that the media is simply hyping it to have something to talk or write about? Like you mentioned, there are different strains of the flu as well as simple stomach upsets which some might confuse with the flu. Some of these folks no doubt are "babies" who run to the doctor or the emergency room when they could simply sleep it off.

I take Trazadone to help me sleep. I have used this medication for years with much success. Some people, like me, have a weird withdrawal reaction from Trazadone. A few times, I have decided to stop using it and have suffered flu like symptoms as a result. The pharmacist confirmed this is a not uncommon side effect from this drug. The symptoms are chills and fever, stomach upset and general feelings of malaise. Isn't it possible that there are folks who only think they have the flu when they are actually having some reaction to something they ate or a medication they take?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »
I don't get sick because I am on HGH at 5iu ED. I might occasionally get a cold but I blame that on overtraining. Haven't been deathly ill since before I started HGH.