Author Topic: Anyone else currently sick or sick this year? Worst flu season in years  (Read 4445 times)

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
I have been sick as hell the last two days. Yesterday I almost passed out walking up my stairs in the morning, and this time it wasn't from being an out of shape meathead. I am feeling better but I have been extremely proactive in my recovery. I have noticed a lot of people telling me they have been sick. Just a few days ago I was excited I was close to my all time biggest and strongest, now I am sick and lost about 7lbs, despite forcing myself to eat.

http://www.voanews.com/content/us_experiences_worst_flu_season_in_10_years/1581311.html
US Experiences Worst Flu Season in 10 Years

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says this is the worst flu season in the United States in 10 years, and the epidemic has not yet hit its peak.

Widespread flu is reported in 44 states, and the Centers for Disease Control says the percentage of people going to the hospital for treatment of flu symptoms has doubled in the past month. In some regions, hospitals are having to turn flu patients away.

The mayor of Boston declared a public health emergency Wednesday, with 10 times more cases reported than last year in the northeastern U.S. city.

U.S. health authorities say the flu arrived a month earlier than usual this year, in November, and the most prevalent flu strain - H3N2 - has a reputation for causing fairly severe illness, especially in the elderly.

The U.S. Centers for Disease control recommends that everyone over the age of six months get a flu shot. In recent years, the vaccine has been about 60 to 70 percent effective at preventing the flu.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone else currently sick or sick this year? Worst flu season in years
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 02:23:31 AM »
You lost 7 pounds in 2 days, while still forcing yourself to eat? What happened bro did your liver get abducted by aliens

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 02:25:32 AM »
Nope.  Try not standing so close to people and remove yourself completely from anyone sick.  Never touch your face.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 02:29:42 AM »
Nope.  Try not standing so close to people and remove yourself completely from anyone sick.  Never touch your face.

Good advice.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:35:44 AM »
You lost 7 pounds in 2 days, while still forcing yourself to eat? What happened bro did your liver get abducted by aliens
Well I was eating about 7 times a day.. now it is 4-5 times(about 2-3 will be protein powder/oats/pb) and less carbs. I actually look leaner and feel a tad more comfortable despite being sick..  I was retaining a lot of water and force feeding myself for awhile and actually considered some type of fast detox for a few days then I got sick.. Yesterday was pretty bad.  I actually lost about 9lbs total within 16 hours, but was dehydrated and didn't eat compared to being on a full stomach when I last weighed myself. I woke up completely drenched several times. My body fluctuates more than most people being 250+ lbs.. well now mid 240s lol.
Yup I think I can isolate the exact person who got me sick. A few days ago this guy from my gym was bitching how sick he has been for a few days, I saw him at the grocery store Monday night and he was still sick.. I shook his hand and forgot to use my hand sanitizer(something I use a ton of, on top of washing my hands) then about Tuesday night I felt out of it a bit, and woke up wednesday morning feeling horrible. He was the only person I can remember who was sick that I came into close contact with.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:27:55 AM »

;D ;D ;D

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 03:39:08 AM »
I have been trying to stay away from going to social functions, friggin sick people all over the place. Had to stop at wongmart last night, lady hacking and coughing 2 ft away from me, I held my breath and hauled ass.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 03:55:24 AM »
I'm getting over a bad flu as well. many people sick over here

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 03:59:55 AM »
I am dying over here, coughing up a lung (had to drop the tren) lol... fuck can't even think straight, behind on like 20 pm's too  :P

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 04:23:51 AM »
^^ hope you both feel better

Luckily no cough here. That is the one thing I cannot stand when sick. Growing up I had a horrible winter/asthma cough for about 5 years during this time of year that I would need an inhaler for. I had to quit the swim team in 8th grade because of it lol. Since then I have despised having even the slightest cough and would rather be unable to move from my bed with a fever.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 04:31:29 AM »
Time to boost the lousy moral on here - all will be fine.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 04:35:31 AM »
Time to boost the lousy moral on here - all will be fine.
PIP to me

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 04:38:23 AM »
Hope you feel better soon. 

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 04:39:01 AM »
Hope you feel better soon. 
thanks booty :)

whitewidow

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 04:39:52 AM »
I got my yearly flu shot back in october so i have not got the flu. I got a tad sick just from the flu shot injection. But I did get a nasty sinus infection about 10 days ago wich I needed anti-biotics for. I am just finishing a 10 day cycle of augmentin.
alot of germs everywhere. very easy to get sick!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 05:16:56 AM »
 had it bad for about a week, as u get older it hits u harder it seems. load up on the vitamin c
R

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 05:32:01 AM »
Before you go get your flu shot, I would highly recommend checking into what exactly goes INTO the shot.

Also, with the shots you are getting the most common strain.  That's it.  There are many strains of the virus.  We also have started to cause these viruses to mutate into stronger, more resistant strains.

I have never had a flu shot, and will never get one. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 08:00:09 AM »
Mysterious things in needles make me wary too, Krank.

I caught something close to the flu around Christmas but fought it off with Alka-Seltzer Cold & Flu. I swear by that stuff.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 08:14:41 AM »
FUCK THAT.  total marketing bullshit for sanofri to make billions selling vaccines.  Their stock skyrockets each time.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 08:20:56 AM »
yes, sick couple times already the ast months.

but the flu is good oppurtunity to lose some weight bc of lack of appetite and cheat meals get flushed out as diarrhea in no time.

try it, get a couple lbs of icecream and eat it all in one go and see ehat happens :D

lol
R

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 08:24:48 AM »
Good advice. I actually turned around and said "Really? You brought that the gym?" to some coughing idjit in the change room the other day. Common sense, people. 

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »
its the worst flu because ignorant americans are taking vaccinations with flu virus and other unknown viruses...........thats why its like that, the government is giving this death flu to americans and they are gladly taking the flu shots and other vaccinations, research vaccination programs.....

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »
its the worst flu because ignorant americans are taking vaccinations with flu virus and other unknown viruses...........thats why its like that, the government is giving this death flu to americans and they are gladly taking the flu shots and other vaccinations, research vaccination programs.....

Please don't be so stupid.  Seriously, just try.   ::)

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »
I've had a virus/flu for almost a month. Hasn't been that severe, but just lingers on.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 09:05:16 AM »
yup I had it the worst ever this winter.

for some reason I have been getting pretty severe flues every year for the past 5-6 year. before that I never had winter flues...

I wonder what the reason is. This is not PC exactly but I'm guessing new viruses introduced to our population from massive immigration from the 3'rd world.