Author Topic: Flu Shot  (Read 5662 times)

closeline

• Getbig IV
Re: Flu Shot
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 02:57:34 AM »
Do you get one? ???

No

Completely ineffektiv and more dagerous than a hand Full of anapolon every day

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2013, 06:37:18 AM »
Try a little alcohol. While drinking alcohol isn’t found on any doctor’s advice sheet, hordes of my patients over the years swear by the power of alcohol to fend off sickness. (Think of the old home remedy of making Hot Toddies for colds and fevers.) Vodka and fruit juices (like grapefruit or orange) are favorite home remedies for preventing the flu.

http://moneyning.com/advice/12-tips-for-avoiding-the-flu-without-a-flu-shot/

I've wondered about that!  It kills germs, why shouldn't it fight sickness?

???

godeep

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2013, 07:35:10 AM »
My wife and I have different opinions on this; she and the kids get them every year and I NEVER have gotten the vaccination. I'm rarely sick. And I have a recurring habit of nervous nail biting that has probably exposed me to so many microorganisms that I've developed natural immunities. Fuck, who knows for sure?
l

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »
I've wondered about that!  It kills germs, why shouldn't it fight sickness?

???

Rubbing alcohol will kill both germs and viruses on surfaces outside the human body as well as on our skin. Alcohol is pretty ineffective at killing germs or viruses inside our bodies. One definitely should not ingest rubbing alcohol because it has been known to kill the host, which is you! Having a drink or two may make you feel better and even help you sleep if you are ill. I don't believe it has any significant effect on germs or viruses inside our bodies. Furthermore, too much alcohol actually weakens the immune system, making folks more susceptible to getting ill.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »
Rubbing alcohol will kill both germs and viruses on surfaces outside the human body as well as on our skin. Alcohol is pretty ineffective at killing germs or viruses inside our bodies. One definitely should not ingest rubbing alcohol because it has been known to kill the host, which is you! Having a drink or two may make you feel better and even help you sleep if you are ill. I don't believe it has any significant effect on germs or viruses inside our bodies. Furthermore, too much alcohol actually weakens the immune system, making folks more susceptible to getting ill.

Hmm, interesting... thanks

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2013, 12:18:27 AM »
 :o

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »
An article in the Sunday paper today was about healthcare workers and flu shots. Apparently, flu shots are mandated by law in some states if you work in the healthcare industry. Some people in these states and in hospitals in other states have been terminated for refusing to get the flu shot. In some locations, if a healthcare worker has not been vaccinated against the flu, they are required to wear a mask while at work for the patients protection.

This all seems pretty outrageous until you consider that there are already laws on the books which require not just healthcare workers but all citizens to be vaccinated against certain diseases, such as small pox, mumps and measles. If one has religious reasons for not having vaccinations, they can sometimes avoid them. I find this interesting since there is a religious sect here in Oregon that does not believe in medical care what-so-ever. Recently, there have been minors, children of the people in this sect, who have gotten sick and either died or whose health was seriously compromised. The parents were charge with child neglect and prosecuted in court. In every case the parents lost the case and some ended up in prison. The religious group is not Christian Science, but a group know as the followers of god. It is their believe that god heals the sick. When someone gets sick they come together and pray for the person or child as opposed to getting them medical help.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2013, 06:15:52 PM »
Do you get one? ???

no....im not here to make big pharma more money than they already have.... we need to take less drugs not more  >:(

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
doesn't everyone get the flu shot these days  ???

of course in ontario they are free (provided by socialized medicine) for everyone

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

of course in ontario they are free (provided by socialized medicine) for everyone

I don't. -Never once had the flu in 68 years. Why mess with a good thing? I am probably naturally immune. I am immune to small pox/chicken pox too. Never had the measles. I did get the mumps though. In fact that is the only childhood disease I ever had.

I would imagine people who qualify can get a flu shot for free here too. Incidentally, socialized medicine isn't really free. It is paid for with taxes. Nothing is really free, there are just different ways of paying for things, like medical care.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »

Even if it was free, I don't think I'd get it.  I think they're only about $28 bucks anyway.  I just heard yesterday on Dr. Oz they're only about 62% effective.
:

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
  I get a bad flu once a year       

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2013, 06:25:09 PM »
  I do NOT trust the USA.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »
Flu is fucking brutal. After seven days of suffering I am finally getting over it. FUCKING BRUTAL, FEELS LIKE DEATH.
T

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »
  Yeah. Brutal. I had a fever for over a week. When I was younger, I would beat a flu in three days max... now I stay sick over seven days...