Author Topic: Why Can't Olympians Pose Like This?  (Read 3421 times)

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
Why Can't Olympians Pose Like This?
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »
It seems today's bodybuilding talent are being exposed when it comes to masterly posing. The Olympians like Phil or even Kai don't pose in this style. How many Getbiggers have even SEEN posing like this?

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: Why Can't Olympians Pose Like This?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »
In before Leafybug.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 12:32:18 PM »
Why should today's Olympians pose like this? Each competitor pose in a style that best compliments their physique. This is NOT superior to what Phil or Kai does, its just different. As a matter of fact Kai has don't routines very similar to this but even better.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 12:35:08 PM »
Why should today's Olympians pose like this? Each competitor pose in a style that best compliments their physique. This is NOT superior to what Phil or Kai does, its just different. As a matter of fact Kai has don't routines very similar to this but even better.

rubbish. they all do a series of the same BS poses.

the one that makes me laugh is the side chest where they stretch out their arms and then pull them back at the same time as the leg comes forward.
nothing original, all the same overdone transitions..

but, in all fairness, labrada smokes corney.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 08:12:49 PM »
rubbish. they all do a series of the same BS poses.

Rubbish. They all did the exact same poses back then, nothing wrong with it, that's what was the style then. Now bodybuilders a much more varied than b4. U can't expect everyone to pose the same way.

Because u guys don't approve of it doesn't mean it's rubbish.

Thanks for the pic proving my point Wiggs  ;)

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:23:05 PM »

Well, surely it's better to pose with style like Abdul Halim does in the videos. Phil and Kai lack flair in their posing and Kai spinning on his head and dangling his legs in the air doesn't equate to posing excellence! And just because Melvin can dance doesn't mean that is good posing!

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 03:07:00 AM »
There is no competitve benefit to being able to pose now.

The IFBB, in its infinite wisdom, somehow bought the line that bodybuilding competition is about physique, not about posing, even though it is posing that can make a break how a given physique looks.

The only poses that bodybuilders these days do are the mandatories, including that stupid hands-clasped most muscular. The days of signature poses are long gone.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 03:12:42 AM »
Pure lack of effort.

Even though his routines are shall we say curious, Kai at least puts some effort into his posing.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 04:15:25 AM »
Well, surely it's better to pose with style like Abdul Halim does in the videos. Phil and Kai lack flair in their posing and Kai spinning on his head and dangling his legs in the air doesn't equate to posing excellence! And just because Melvin can dance doesn't mean that is good posing!

post up some more hot chicks man, you're an expert with this, almost on par with Mr. Doug_Steele

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 04:16:51 AM »

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 04:20:30 AM »
Phil looking as silly as ever.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 04:25:46 AM »
phil thinks he looks impressive in that shot haha. oh brother.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 07:55:29 AM »
Phil does look impressive in that pose!!! 

You guys are funny. Started a thread about why Olympias don't pose like 'this' with Ed Corney being an example. Wigg post 2 pics of the very same guys being criticized for not posing like "this" actually posing like "this" & you say they look silly. According to you own opinion, you answered your own question. If they look silly posing that way, then that's exactly why they don't & shouldn't pose that way.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »
This guy knows how to pose too.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 08:19:22 AM »
Phil does look impressive in that pose!!! 

You guys are funny. Started a thread about why Olympias don't pose like 'this' with Ed Corney being an example. Wigg post 2 pics of the very same guys being criticized for not posing like "this" actually posing like "this" & you say they look silly. According to you own opinion, you answered your own question. If they look silly posing that way, then that's exactly why they don't & shouldn't pose that way.

Just because they are striking a pose doesn't mean they are posing like Abdul Halim. What nonsense are you spouting, Rudy? Do they even know how to perform his transitions?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 08:22:46 AM »
 ;D

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 09:35:46 AM »
Just because they are striking a pose doesn't mean they are posing like Abdul Halim. What nonsense are you spouting, Rudy? Do they even know how to perform his transitions?
JH, u can't be serious, u r critiquing arguably the 2 best posers in the history of BBing. Melvin did transitions  like Halim in his routines but he added the popping & locking which made it much more  entertaining. I think u r forgetting the entertainment value.

I think a majority of the Olympians, if not all can transition like Halim. He has very smooth transitions but u making it seem like the level of difficulty is through the roof. The difficulty level of Melvin's routine was much higher, more artistic & entertaining. Melvin's routine included everything Mr Halim did while Mr Halims routine only included about 1/3 of what Melvin did.

To answer your Q. Yes!! I can perform his transitions  :)

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 10:59:19 AM »
JH, u can't be serious, u r critiquing arguably the 2 best posers in the history of BBing. Melvin did transitions  like Halim in his routines but he added the popping & locking which made it much more  entertaining. I think u r forgetting the entertainment value.

I think a majority of the Olympians, if not all can transition like Halim. He has very smooth transitions but u making it seem like the level of difficulty is through the roof. The difficulty level of Melvin's routine was much higher, more artistic & entertaining. Melvin's routine included everything Mr Halim did while Mr Halims routine only included about 1/3 of what Melvin did.

To answer your Q. Yes!! I can perform his transitions  :)

Rudy, just because they can dance doesn't mean they are great posers, let alone the best ever. Now Ed Corney was a great poser.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »
That's not what I'm saying Jon, but the good dancers have been great posers also, add Darrem & John Brown to that list. Their transitions were as smooth as anyone's & I'd say even better than Ed Corney. Have you ever seen Melvin or Darrem ENTIRE routine? In the begining they do the classic poses & transitions you're talking about before they start to dance which really gets the crowd going.

We'll have to agree to disagree or hopefully you'll come to your senses after viewing the entire routine from MA, DC, etc & realize that I'm right  ;D