Author Topic: for car experts...  (Read 3942 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
for car experts...
« on: January 12, 2013, 08:02:10 AM »
http://quebec.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehicules-autos-et-camions-2005-Suzuki-Aerio-Familiale-W0QQAdIdZ442424087

what do you think of a suzuki aerio hatchback? Small family, not driving often (maybe 4/6 hours a week) and only on short distances. Does it consume more fuel than other asian cars?

I owned a 12 y/o hyundai accent previously but it's costing us too much to maintain/repair, so we re selling it for 3000 bucks.

I really dont know shit about cars, heard that most asian cars whatever the manufacturer are cheap , robust and fuel efficient with easy access to spare parts being well spread...  We dont drive a lot, and ill soon be the only one using it to get to work which is a short distance daily, probably will use it to move big stuff once in a while (hence wanting the hatchback option) but again, using it very very rarely compared to most people.  

So what are the best asian cars? suzuki, hyundai, toyota, kia ? What about north american fords chevy and pontiac?

Because sharing is caring.

NotSure

• Getbig III
Re: for car experts...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:03:33 AM »
It's almost too easy. Beta male that's pissed off and bitter at the world driving in his 1986 toyota carolla.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:06:57 AM »
Parker can tell you anything about cars.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:07:43 AM »
Yeah about expensive cars but what about the average joe 's car ?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 08:08:04 AM »

I bet he doesn't even own a bicycle.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 08:13:54 AM »
Go with Nissan or Toyota maybe if want something to last the Nissan Altima is a good choice, although the US brands Ford or Chevy have improved still not as good.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 08:15:42 AM »
suzukis car division is now defunct, stay away from them. buy a used toyota or nissan instead, they are market leaders for a reason.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 08:17:16 AM »
http://quebec.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehicules-autos-et-camions-2005-Suzuki-Aerio-Familiale-W0QQAdIdZ442424087

what do you think of a suzuki aerio hatchback? Small family, not driving often (maybe 4/6 hours a week) and only on short distances. Does it consume more fuel than other asian cars?

I owned a 12 y/o hyundai accent previously but it's costing us too much to maintain/repair, so we re selling it for 3000 bucks.

I really dont know shit about cars, heard that most asian cars whatever the manufacturer are cheap , robust and fuel efficient with easy access to spare parts being well spread...  We dont drive a lot, and ill soon be the only one using it to get to work which is a short distance daily, probably will use it to move big stuff once in a while (hence wanting the hatchback option) but again, using it very very rarely compared to most people.  

So what are the best asian cars? suzuki, hyundai, toyota, kia ? What about north american fords chevy and pontiac?

Because sharing is caring.
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 08:19:55 AM »
Camry, Accord, New Mazda 6...Ford Fusion
That is all you need to know, you want beige, you get 4  different shades.

Hyundai Sonata, no... Their turbo engines will start to have problems in a few yrs. plus they had over stated their mpg.
Toyota Yaris, or Honda Fit for fuel sippers. Stay away from the Nissan Leaf, no cooling or heating for the batteries...lawsuit coming.

Just pay attention to certain things. It's not all about the exotics and luxury vehicles. They are there due to a market for them. The bigger market is "beige mobiles", aka cars you use everyday.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 08:22:23 AM »
+1

Suzuki car division went bankrupt and no one knows the future of it.

There are easily 20 vehicles on the market that meet the parameters you've described. Spend $5 on a Consumers Report magazine to do some research, test drive a few, buy used with less than 20k miles and you will be fine.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 08:30:19 AM »

Hyundai Sonata, no... Their turbo engines will start to have problems in a few yrs. plus they had over stated their mpg.
Toyota Yaris, or Honda Fit for fuel sippers. Stay away from the Nissan Leaf, no cooling or heating for the batteries...lawsuit coming.

Just pay attention to certain things. It's not all about the exotics and luxury vehicles. They are there due to a market for them. The bigger market is "beige mobiles", aka cars you use everyday.
We definitely aim for a beige mobile as you call it, but we would under utilize it compared to most people with our everyday use which is very limited. We walk or use bikes a lot in summer and we live near a mall and forest/nature we can reach easily by bike or foot.
Still id like it to have more room than the average car cause i need to move big stuff once in a while and need at least a hatchback.

And we need a used car, not brand new.

Ill take your advice in consideration but ill wait for more comments.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 08:32:51 AM »
Seriously thinks he can get 3000 for a 12 year old Hyundai?  ::) Maybe 300 if you find a sucker.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 08:33:49 AM »
Seriously thinks he can get 3000 for a 12 year old Hyundai?  ::) Maybe 300 if you find a sucker.

it only has 69 000 km and is in perfect condition you clown... We bought it to an old lady that very rarely used it and kept it stored indoor most of the time, and we barely used it more than her since then ; when we bought it it only had around 40 000 km on the counter.  An expert actually told us his estimate, i didnt pull it ouf of my ass, and it's the price for such an item at the moment where we live.  As simple as that. We have had one to three people a day since one week asking us questions cause they re interested. Thanks for trying to sound smart/witty tho. But you failed.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 08:36:06 AM »

There you go Parker bringing it on cars I suggested he ask you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »
Best I can do is tree-fiddy.

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 08:53:37 AM »
Best I can do is tree-fiddy.

best you can do is fuk yourself in the ass... clown

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »
I don`t get it, you already have a car but you are complaining that its costing too much to repair and maintain so you are going to sell IT and buy another car.
 So instead of dropping a grand getting your car in shape you are going to spend $$$ buying another car.
 Auto manufacturers love this type of mentality.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:32 AM »
We definitely aim for a beige mobile as you call it, but we would under utilize it compared to most people with our everyday use which is very limited. We walk or use bikes a lot in summer and we live near a mall and forest/nature we can reach easily by bike or foot.
Still id like it to have more room than the average car cause i need to move big stuff once in a while and need at least a hatchback.

And we need a used car, not brand new.

Ill take your advice in consideration but ill wait for more comments.
used hatchbacks, try Accord or Mazda 6 hatch, if you can find them. Or used Honda Crosstour.
Used Ford Focus hatch, or Golf 4 door hatch. Since you are in Canada you might even get a Jetta or Passat hatch. Or Fiats, Renaults. Or even Subarus.

Ain't nothing wrong with "beige". Due to them being cars most people buy, there is probably more money and R&D put forth to make them reliable and functional. You think Ferrari could exist without Fiat making tons of money on FwD hatches and sedans

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 09:05:16 AM »

best you can do is fuk yourself in the ass... clown
Allright then, two-forty.  I can`t even put it out front because I would lose business if I did.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »
from what i understand after reading this article http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/new-cars/auto-news/suzuki-canada-prepared-to-go-it-alone/article4980844/

suzuki even if disapearing of the automotive/cars trucks market in the us will still have a line up of cars in canada, and their cars even if rarer that other brands are quality and long lasting.

My real interogation is about the price of common spare parts (tires, motor parts that need to be changed regularly) , it's probaly tougher and more expensive to find than spare parts for a toyota, nissan or hyundai car.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »
from what i understand after reading this article http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/new-cars/auto-news/suzuki-canada-prepared-to-go-it-alone/article4980844/

suzuki even if disapearing of the automotive/cars trucks market in the us will still have a line up of cars in canada, and their cars even if rarer that other brands are quality and long lasting.

My real interogation is about the price of common spare parts (tires, motor parts that need to be changed regularly) , it's probaly tougher and more expensive to find than spare parts for a toyota, nissan or hyundai car.
Jesus didn`t need a Suzuki to spread the Gospel, why do you need one?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 09:10:43 AM »
I don`t get it, you already have a car but you are complaining that its costing too much to repair and maintain so you are going to sell IT and buy another car.
 So instead of dropping a grand getting your car in shape you are going to spend $$$ buying another car.
 Auto manufacturers love this type of mentality.
We re selling it so someone who will make good use of it, not scraping it... so there s no loser or "winner", everyone wins. We re changing because i need more room and because we need doors for kids in the rear seats, our current accent only has two doors. And we re not buying something new, but an used item. I heavily considered doing what you just said for a long time tho.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
Oh look, Uberman's all nice when he needs something.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 09:16:10 AM »
;D
follow the arrows

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 09:16:51 AM »
He would do better to pray for the answer in my opinion.