Author Topic: What would happen if we suddenly had no electricity or working electronics  (Read 2801 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
For months or years?

Have any of you read "One Second After" about a post EMP nuke strike over the U.S. and the deterioration of society without working electricity/electronics, lack of mobility and communications, loss of access to normal flow of food and medical supplies etc.  

R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
those retards who are anti gun would become sheep, I personally would locate Woo and make sure his ass is ok and I would make sure to bring my 6 iron with the shaft wrapped in E-tape as I know he is a man among men who could defend himself against a group of bad guys for a minimum of 10 mins with just his bare hands.

right Woooooooo?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
those retards who are anti gun would become sheep, I personally would locate Woo and make sure his ass is ok and I would make sure to bring my 6 iron with the shaft wrapped in E-tape as I know he is a man among men who could defend himself against a group of bad guys for a minimum of 10 mins with just his bare hands.

right Woooooooo?

WOOO approved

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
after 10 minutes 3333866666666666666666 will shoot Wooo in the 'nads and add Wooooooooooooooooooo's wife to his harem.  sorry butterbean, bad stuff happens after the power goes out.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

right Woooooooo?

hhahahahahahahahhahahh!!!  DEAD ON!!!  ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
after 10 minutes 3333866666666666666666 will shoot Wooo in the 'nads and add Wooooooooooooooooooo's wife to his harem.  sorry butterbean, bad stuff happens after the power goes out.

he's in NY and I am in TO...

besides... life would go on up here

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
you wouldn't be asking questions here
c

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.

besides... life would go on up here

it sure would for Mrs Woooo and whichever warlord took her, Nogun Woooa.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.

right Woooooooo?

WOOO approved

Ha-ha...

Man, you guys are too much!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
haha honestly, those who have the ability to provide either through producing their own or taking others would survive the longest.

I think the knowledge is well known enough to be able to reproduce the majority of electricity at least the most of it.

EMP's if I understand them correclty disable current electronics but not the basis of electricity and b/c of that and the fact that the majority of ppl know how electricity works they will reproduce it at least to some extent.

Outside of a catestrophic end of days scenario I think life would return to normal fairly quickly with in 50-100 years.

Those will the means knowledge, guns, whatever the barter/currency will become the new ruling class until things stabilize.

Woo, would be super screwed ;) but dont worry buddy Ill be there to protect you with all of my evil guns...

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: What would happen if we suddenly had no electricity or working electronics
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 04:02:17 PM »
I think the knowledge is well known enough to be able to reproduce the majority of electricity at least the most of it.

Exactly. It's not like we'd be starting from scratch.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 04:03:55 PM »
 have my guns and I worked in a greenhouse for six years growing all varieties of plants.   I'd never starve.
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »
have my guns and I worked in a greenhouse for six years growing all varieties of plants.   I'd never starve.
have my guns and will prey on those retards who feel that guns are evil and not necessary. I will never starve as the number of retards will never end. ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 04:10:04 PM »
have my guns and will prey on those retards who feel that guns are evil and not necessary. I will never starve as the number of retards will never end. ;)

Damn, bro...
I would prey on deer and elk. You're going full-zombie!! :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »

Damn, bro...
I would prey on deer and elk. You're going full-zombie!! :)
deer and elk are smart animals for the most part, those who feel guns are inherintly evil are stupid and will be much easier prey.

Ill start with the low hanging fruit and then proceed to the higher ones when those run out ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 04:16:03 PM »
deer and elk are smart animals for the most part, those who feel guns are inherintly evil are stupid and will be much easier prey.

Ill start with the low hanging fruit and then proceed to the higher ones when those run out ;)

;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 04:58:05 PM »
haha honestly, those who have the ability to provide either through producing their own or taking others would survive the longest.

EMP's if I understand them correclty disable current electronics but not the basis of electricity and b/c of that and the fact that the majority of ppl know how electricity works they will reproduce it at least to some extent.

Outside of a catestrophic end of days scenario I think life would return to normal fairly quickly with in 50-100 years.

Those will the means knowledge, guns, whatever the barter/currency will become the new ruling class until things stabilize.

Woo, would be super screwed ;) but dont worry buddy Ill be there to protect you with all of my evil guns...

i appreciate the support... i have enough stockpiled liquor to last at least 3 years... ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »

i appreciate the support... i have enough stockpiled liquor to last at least 3 years... ;D
Not if I show up ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »

Party at wooo's house!
A

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »
it's gotten pretty funny.... i usually have a buddy or 2 over every other weekend... but now with the empty 3rd floor i have no reason not to have guests... doesn't even annoy me because their shit stays in the spare room...

no homo