Author Topic: FRANK ZANE boycotted the Mr Olympia contest after the controversial 1980 contest  (Read 57891 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Few inconsistencies in the story

maybe oldman is deliberately throwing people off

or he's talking shit

talking shit

jwb

• Getbig V
Oldman posted a pic of himself in 2009 when he and Chaos were having a spat.

I also found a pic of him competing in 2008.

He is a bald, ugly dude with less muscle and more fat than he thinks he has.

jwb

• Getbig V
LoL. AVBG was totally owned by me when we met a few years ago. The guy looked like a swimmer or a table tennis player!

Oldman is Waller. Can't be anyone else. He lives in Arizona and he was back stage at the Olympia because they had the athletes meeting there. Peter McCarthy was supposed to judge but got there late so Paul replaced him with Arnold's mate Brendan Ryan. He won a junior contest whereas Peter was several times Mr Australia and Mr Southern Hemisphere. Had Peter's score been used Arnold might not have won in 1980. I was talking to Peter and Frank Burwash when suddenly Peter found out the judges meeting was being held. He wasn't happy I can tell you because he wasn't informed about when it was supposed to be. Typical Paul Graham confusion.

You can see Pete in the photo where Mentzer is confronting Arnold. He has dark hair and is to the left of Mike's head. There is Waller next to Arnold.

You get dumber by the hour.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Waller is much older than "oldman" claims to be. Plus oldman seems mellow, Waller was always an asshole so he would most likely be an even bigger asshole on the internet.
a

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
LoL. AVBG was totally owned by me when we met a few years ago. The guy looked like a swimmer or a table tennis player!

Oldman is Waller. Can't be anyone else. He lives in Arizona and he was back stage at the Olympia because they had the athletes meeting there. Peter McCarthy was supposed to judge but got there late so Paul replaced him with Arnold's mate Brendan Ryan. He won a junior contest whereas Peter was several times Mr Australia and Mr Southern Hemisphere. Had Peter's score been used Arnold might not have won in 1980. I was talking to Peter and Frank Burwash when suddenly Peter found out the judges meeting was being held. He wasn't happy I can tell you because he wasn't informed about when it was supposed to be. Typical Paul Graham confusion.

You can see Pete in the photo where Mentzer is confronting Arnold. He has dark hair and is to the left of Mike's head. There is Waller next to Arnold.

I am sorry Vince but that picture of AVBG kills any versions of your physique, it just does. The guy is peeled with quality muscle.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
lol at wiggs denying the facts.  :-\

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV

^^
I liked your article in Robert Kennedy's MUSCLEMAG ANNUAL "Arnold's Olympia" (I still have it!!).  I believe you said in the article If Peter McCarthy had been a judge, Chris Dickerson would have been Mr. Olympia 1980, can you imagine the expression on Arnold's face then??

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Zane was nowehere near his best because of hospital stay and muscle loss

Arnold was probably the best. Platz was overlooked, he deserved higher

For some reason, mentzer and coe both thought they were mr olympia that day

Zane even with his injury and hospital stay was the most ripped he ever was. I think he said he weighed 184lbs that day. Coe looked fantastic but standing by Dickerson or Arnold he wasn't the winner. Mentzer was just delusional despite the incredible publicity he had in his prime. He was easily the most written about bodybuilder in the late 70's and 1980. Platz was not at his best shape this contest. Seriously watch the film. Arnold standing by anyone that day looked second rate except Dickerson who looked carved out of ice. 

Again Mentzer's publicity at the time was insane. When Robby and Kalman beat him for the Universe in respective years they were clearly better yet there are so many saying the opposite that leaves me thinking did you see the same contest? I was a major fan of Mentzer yet through mature eyes I see he wasn't the winner in the Universe when Robby won. He wasn't the winner when Kalman beat him. He deserved 5th at the 1980 Olympia too. Arnold, Coe, Dickerson, Zane were better.

AVBG

Zane even with his injury and hospital stay was the most ripped he ever was. I think he said he weighed 184lbs that day. Coe looked fantastic but standing by Dickerson or Arnold he wasn't the winner. Mentzer was just delusional despite the incredible publicity he had in his prime. He was easily the most written about bodybuilder in the late 70's and 1980. Platz was not at his best shape this contest. Seriously watch the film. Arnold standing by anyone that day looked second rate except Dickerson who looked carved out of ice. 

Again Mentzer's publicity at the time was insane. When Robby and Kalman beat him for the Universe in respective years they were clearly better yet there are so many saying the opposite that leaves me thinking did you see the same contest? I was a major fan of Mentzer yet through mature eyes I see he wasn't the winner in the Universe when Robby won. He wasn't the winner when Kalman beat him. He deserved 5th at the 1980 Olympia too. Arnold, Coe, Dickerson, Zane were better.

Hey look guys! ^^ it's Joe Weider!  :D ;)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Threads of the 1980 Mr.O are useless without pictures....  ;D

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 ;D

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 ;D

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
'I would have traded places with defending champ, Zane but I hear he just smashed his 3rd place finisher trophy about 5 mins ago,  so there you have it."

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 ;D

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
 :)
a

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 ;D

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
a

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Arnold's legs were really smooth in that contest

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
a

Figo

• Getbig V

Zane was smaller and flat. Had zane been in 79 shape or bigger as claimed pre-accident, no way anyone else wins

Mentzer believed his own pub

Coe was deluded

Wasn't dickersons time yet, his streak started then, he won everything under the sun after that, and culminated with a late gift in 82, past his prime. Was he better than arnold? IMO, condition-wise,yes, definitely, but it was Arnold.. And arnolds superior size, height, name and the fix won it

Platz was ripped, but upper body lagged

Bannout was smooth, holding water

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Boyer's the most non-delusional person who ever competed...