Author Topic: Gun Sales hit record high under Obama 2nd Term  (Read 1422 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Gun Sales hit record high under Obama 2nd Term
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »
I just read a post on another forum from a guy that said he checked out Bass Pro Shop, and Cabelas.  He said the staff claims they cannot keep anything on the shelf.

8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »
I just read a post on another forum from a guy that said he checked out Bass Pro Shop, and Cabelas.  He said the staff claims they cannot keep anything on the shelf.

8)
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=ak47

Damn - i bought mine for $ 450

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 09:22:54 PM »
Skip to comments.

Stag Arms has TWO YEARS worth of orders for rifles!
Stagarms ^
Posted on January 13, 2013 7:42:29 PM EST by Red in Blue PA

We would like to thank all of our customers for your support. Currently we have approximately two years of backorders for rifles, upper halves, and lower receivers. Due to this overwhelming demand most of our office staff have temporarily been pulled from their normal positions to pack and ship orders. This will allow us to get our products into your hands as fast as possible before any potential governmental restriction. Orders will be processed in the order they were received. Our normal billing policies will be in effect and your payment will be processed (your order will be charged) just prior to the start of manufacturing, which is approximately two weeks before the order ships. If your payment method is declined, our billing department will contact you by e-mail. Please use the contact forms at the proper links below to contact us.

At this time we are temporarily:

Suspending accepting new orders except for certain parts and accessories placed on our webstore. Suspending accepting new dealers. Unable to provide lead times or order status. We are working 24/7 to pack and ship orders. Unable to expedite or add items to orders. Please use the links below for more information on the following: Government and Police Department Requests and Ordering Download our Catalog Canceling your order Visit our Dealer Locator Shipping policies Shipping Problems, Returns & Repairs We thank you for your understanding.

Stag Arms

(Excerpt) Read more at info.stagarms.com ...

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 09:30:50 PM »
A bunch of panic buyers purchasing ammunition and guns thinking the government will actually get around to restricting or banning them outright.  I had to drop over 2 grand for the purchase of two handguns that the seller could sell for full retail and then some.

Great for the sellers, not so much for the buyers.....my .44 ammo costs nearly $1.50 per damn bullet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »
people who run those companies love this kind of scary consumer environment.

It's like grocery stores using the fear "Obama is gonna ban FOOD!"

Guns are a perceived need for many americans, and the sellers are going to utilize it.  Since Nov 2008 after the election, there is literally an anti-obama conversation ALWAYS going on every time I enter my gun shop.   FOX news on, bashing obama, talking about gun ban... cause it motivates buyers like crazy!

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »
people who run those companies love this kind of scary consumer environment.

It's like grocery stores using the fear "Obama is gonna ban FOOD!"

Guns are a perceived need for many americans, and the sellers are going to utilize it.  Since Nov 2008 after the election, there is literally an anti-obama conversation ALWAYS going on every time I enter my gun shop.   FOX news on, bashing obama, talking about gun ban... cause it motivates buyers like crazy!

Exactly.  Fear is the single biggest marketing tool.  "If you don't buy this, then this can happen to you."

Hook line and sinker. 

Went to a gun show with literally a mile-long line snaking out the door.  I was disappointed  by all the doom and gloomers who literally thought that at any time someone would be knocking on their front door ready to confiscate their guns.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 05:48:06 AM »
it's always like this with a dem in the white house. 

when christie or jeb or whoever takes over in 2016, it'll be cheap gun prices for 4 or 8 years (much to the dismay of those running the gun stores)

It's always like that - the incumbent party actually helps the OPPOSITION way more.  Rush Limbaugh has WAY MORE to talk about with obama in office, than with romney in office.  MSNBC is tolerable with Bush in office, playing gotcha with his fckups, instead of trying to defend/kneepad obama all day.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:37 AM »
0bama and criminals are major factors that compell law-abiding people to buy guns.

He's in interesting company.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:31 AM »
I just heard that Vegas is allegedly expecting over 60,000 people to attend an upcoming gun show.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 04:23:44 AM »
I just heard that Vegas is allegedly expecting over 60,000 people to attend an upcoming gun show.

Everything will be sold out in an hour or two.    How people could wait until now is beyond me.   

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 04:51:56 AM »

Everything will be sold out in an hour or two.    How people could wait until now is beyond me.   

I'd been eyeing up a S&W revolver for several years, now. I finally decided to buy it about a week before Newtown happened. By the time I could get off from work to go to the dealer (about three weeks later), the guy there told me S&W's vendor site has it listed as "out of stock."

People are buying whatever they can get their hands on. You'd be hard-pressed to find a BB gun at this point!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 08:37:39 AM »
My brother's friend owns a bunch of local Pawn Shops in the area, he told my brother since the election, they've sold 2 million dollars in guns/ammo.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 03:17:54 PM »
The NRA is up 250,000 members this month alone.  ;D

I just saw a story about local sheriffs that have reinforced that they will not allow the Feds to violate the US Constitution.

Maybe some good has come out of this