Author Topic: Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'  (Read 6667 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-some-gun-control-measures-i-can-accomplish-through-executive-action_695381.html

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'
 The Weekly Standard ^ | 1/14/13 | Daniel Halper

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2013 12:45:07 PM by

"My understanding is the vice president's going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence," said Obama. "Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action. And so I will be reviewing those today, and as I said, I will speak in more detail to what we're going to go ahead and propose later in the week.

(Excerpt) Read more at weeklystandard.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

specifically what powers does obama have?   I was under the impression he can play with funding and law enforcement, but nothing meaningful can be changed with exec order.

Does obama have the power to ban rilfes or high-caps with exec order?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

specifically what powers does obama have?   I was under the impression he can play with funding and law enforcement, but nothing meaningful can be changed with exec order.

Does obama have the power to ban rilfes or high-caps with exec order?

Dont know - he said it.

Right now our communist Gov is on a rampage as well in this communist state

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-some-gun-control-measures-i-can-accomplish-through-executive-action_695381.html

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'
 The Weekly Standard ^ | 1/14/13 | Daniel Halper

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2013 12:45:07 PM by

"My understanding is the vice president's going to provide a range of steps that we can take to reduce gun violence," said Obama. "Some of them will require legislation, some of them I can accomplish through executive action. And so I will be reviewing those today, and as I said, I will speak in more detail to what we're going to go ahead and propose later in the week.

(Excerpt) Read more at weeklystandard.com ...

^^This is EXACTLY what I was asking you about the other day!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

^^This is EXACTLY what I was asking you about the other day!!

Yup.  And 240 said over and over and over we had nothing to worry about

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

when has having nothing to worry about ever stopped you before

you live in a state of near panic on a daily basis

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Contact all of your Reps with One Click! Do it NOW!

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Biden: W.H. readies 19 executive actions on guns
 Politico ^

Posted on Monday, January 14, 2013 8:10:08 PM by

Biden: W.H. readies 19 executive actions on guns By: Reid J. Epstein January 14, 2013 06:49 PM EST

The White House has identified 19 executive actions for President Barack Obama to move unilaterally on gun control, Vice President Joe Biden told a group of House Democrats on Monday, the administration’s first definitive statements about its response to last month’s mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Later this week, Obama will formally announce his proposals to reduce gun violence, which are expected to include renewal of the assault weapons ban, universal background checks and prohibition of high-capacity magazine clips. But Biden, who has been leading Obama’s task force on the response, spent two hours briefing a small group of sympathetic House Democrats on the road ahead in the latest White House outreach to invested groups.

The focus on executive orders is the result of the White House and other Democrats acknowledging the political difficulty of enacting any new gun legislation, a topic Biden did not address in Monday’s meeting.

“It was all focusing on enforcing existing law, administering things like improving the background database, things like that that do not involve a change in the law but enforcing and making sure that the present law is administered as well as possible,” said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.).

But Biden did indicate that the remains of the Obama campaign apparatus may be activated in the effort.

“He said that this has been a real focus on the policy and that the politics of this issue, that a strategy on the politics of the issue hasn’t been undertaken yet,” Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) told POLITICO. “He did remind us that the campaign infrastructure is still accessible.”

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/biden-guns-executive-actions-86187.html?hp=t1_3

Obama and his cult of sheep are scumbags and pieces of trasgh

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Remember when 240 said that Obama would never even think about touching gun control?  ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
Remember when 240 said that Obama would never even think about touching gun control?  ::)

Yes, but I now tend to gloss over most of his posts.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
The focus on executive orders is the result of the White House and other Democrats acknowledging the political difficulty of enacting any new gun legislation, a topic Biden did not address in Monday’s meeting.

Fucking lololol... We probably can't accomplish this through the normal channels because people probably don't want it, so fuck it, we're just going to do it anyway.

Montague

• Getbig V
Fucking lololol... We probably can't accomplish this through the normal channels because people probably don't want it, so fuck it, we're just going to do it anyway.

That's why I question the "polls" indicating that the majority of U.S. citizents favor and want more gun control. If so many people truly want it, then why may it take an executive order to bypass Congress and other "normal channels?"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Many polls have shown that the public wants more gun control

the hindrance will be Repubs in the House

That's the "political difficulty"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

So you want a kong and a dictator right?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Oh, you mean a system designed to keep a single person from making rash, sweeping changes to the entire country might actually be working?

Who knew?

240 is Back

• Getbig V

and then I asked you - 33, what specific actions can obama do that we should be worried about.

You responded that you don't know.

Dont know - he said it.

So you're criticizing me for not getting upset about something - but you cannot tell me what to get upset about.

I'd be upset if you told me OBama can sign an exec order to ban all rifles and anything over 7 rounds.  But you didnt tell me that.  You admitted you don't know.   I think politico said last week that exec orders on 2nd amendment were limited to funding, enforcement, and some other minor things, but nothing like the brady bill could be accomlished without congress.   But I deferred to you - asking you what obama could do.

I'll get upset when yall tell me what exec order can do to gun rights.  Anyone?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Biden and O-THUG said today 19 new ones on the way - keep spinning

and then I asked you - 33, what specific actions can obama do that we should be worried about.

You responded that you don't know.

So you're criticizing me for not getting upset about something - but you cannot tell me what to get upset about.

I'd be upset if you told me OBama can sign an exec order to ban all rifles and anything over 7 rounds.  But you didnt tell me that.  You admitted you don't know.   I think politico said last week that exec orders on 2nd amendment were limited to funding, enforcement, and some other minor things, but nothing like the brady bill could be accomlished without congress.   But I deferred to you - asking you what obama could do.

I'll get upset when yall tell me what exec order can do to gun rights.  Anyone?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Biden and O-THUG said today 19 new ones on the way - keep spinning

what are they?  According to politico, the white house and top dems and repubs all agree obama's kinda impotent on this:

The executive actions could include giving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention authority to conduct national research on guns, more aggressive enforcement of existing gun laws and pushing for wider sharing of existing gun databases among federal and state agencies, members of Congress in the meeting said.

You can accuse me of spinning... but it looks like they want to enforce existing laws (a good thing!) and keep better track of guns to prevent nutjobs from getting them (also good!)

Is THIS what you're mad about?  states sharing info?   I thought it'd be a gun band or mags or something.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So you want a kong and a dictator right?

no dumbass

pay attention to the inauguration next week and have someone you know explain what is going on

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Oh, you mean a system designed to keep a single person from making rash, sweeping changes to the entire country might actually be working?

Who knew?

by rash and sweeping do you mean something like desegregating the military or freeing the slaves

or something a lot less significant like banning high capacity magazines and strengthening background checks ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
“It was all focusing on enforcing existing law, administering things like improving the background database, things like that that do not involve a change in the law but enforcing and making sure that the present law is administered as well as possible,” said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.).

I guess I don't see how ENFORCING CURRENT LAWS is considered to be bad.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
or something a lot less significant like banning high capacity magazines and strengthening background checks ?

I haven't seen anything about that - the article 33 posted didn't mention high-caps, i didn't think?   ???

I'm fine with stronger background checks.  I dont like the fact any murderer can get out of prison, cash his prison check, and buy an AK-47 and 10,000 rounds at a gun show the next day... not one bit.  That loophole makes it easy for bad guys to get guns... and you SURE don't get any special deals buying that way.  Dudes jack up the price in a BIG way cause the people buying there are desiring secrecy.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
by rash and sweeping do you mean something like desegregating the military or freeing the slaves

The things you mentioned have neat little clauses built into our founding documents that made them in direct violation with our constitution (You know the whole "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness").

I'm fairly certain that there isn't anything stating that "All men should not live in fear of high capacity magazines or semi-automatic rifles", therefore your argument is stupid and invalid. There was a basis in our founding documents that slavery and segregation were fundamentally wrong, and therefore in violation of their constitutional rights. (Meaning that those Presidents were very much in line with our constitution when they made those sweeping changes)

No such thing exists for these firearms. Please try again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
no dumbass

pay attention to the inauguration next week and have someone you know explain what is going on

That ghetto thug will never be my president   I detest him and spit on him and his cult following