Author Topic: hey fellas  (Read 3251 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
hey fellas
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:13:35 AM »
just got back from getting an oil change.....only have had the vehicle for 10 months......11,000 miles.

figure I would get a basic oil change......39-49 bucks right??? wrong!!!!

air filters....this that and the other!!!!!

walk away paying 149.00!!!!!

jiffy lube......anyone have any input here????

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: hey fellas
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »
oil changes are worth doing yourself these days. Fuck Jiffy Lube.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »
Jiffy Lube.  Oh fuck.  they mark shit up and always try to change your belts.  Fucking crooks. They only exist because they mark shit up.

People hate going to dealers but get the right manager and he'll be honest.  Nissan only charged me $20 per change.  Always rotated my tires for free and topped off the fluid.  Even the mechanics would try to bullshit and put in the notes that things needed changing, but the manager would tell me not to worry about it.  You need to learn how to play the game.

Jonny34

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:18:24 AM »
They have been scamming people for years. Charging for things not needed or not even doing the work.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 10:21:28 AM »
Dude, go to whichever place is running a special.  You can usually find a place that is doing $30 oil changes.  If not, I usually go to Autozone and get the 6 quarts and filter with a coupon for $15 and just get one of my guys to do it after they get back to the office.  Usually brakes, filters, tires etc, I get one of my employees to do it.  I'm already paying them, and it's way cheaper than a mechanic.  If you don't have employees, I'd suggest starting a business so that you can get your oil changed for free.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 01:08:31 PM »
Rainbow Mufflers. Never take my car any place else.

Oil change for $12.00

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 01:11:45 PM »
I am surprised you didn't turn this into a rant about how dedicated bodybuilders are. If you would have, Jiffy Lube may would have given you a discount.
X

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
I am surprised you didn't turn this into a rant about how dedicated bodybuilders are. If you would have, Jiffy Lube may would have given you a discount.
and what would bodybuilding have to do with oil changes???

you are probably watching soaps in your parent's basement right now, aren't you?

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »

you are probably watching soaps in your parent's basement right now, aren't you?

I'll just leave this bolded here...for another getbigger to spike this one down.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 01:40:12 PM »
I'll just leave this bolded here...for another getbigger to spike this one down.

Good catch!  :D :D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 01:41:47 PM »

LOL!!

They would have been impressed by your love for bodybuilding.
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »
One of the oldest tricks going. Go in for the $25 oil change. They pull out an air filter that looks like hell and claim it's yours.. Walk out with a $50 dollar oil and air filter change if you are lucky. They will try to say a list of things are wrong with your car that they can fix.

A lot of these places use the most cheapest oil filters and bargain basement drums of oil. Many only have three weights  to use. They don't even use the correct oil for your car.

If you want to keep a car for 10 plus years change the oil yourself and use Mobil One synthetic oil with a quality filter. I had a Toyota that had an engine that ran amazing for 17 years. Sold it and the new owner after 2 years said he kept up with my Mobil one and the engine is mint. So 19 years and the only repair was a timing belt, water pump and general maintenance.