Author Topic: it is a physically impossiblilty to NOT burn fat when you have no carbs  (Read 9209 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: it is a physically impossiblilty to NOT burn fat when you have no carbs
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2013, 05:00:54 AM »
This Intermittent Fisting is quite the popular thing these days.   Seems everybody is doing it.
I tried it, but it's a pain in the ass.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2013, 06:30:53 AM »
Well, I put it to use.

Here's my strategy every day of eating usually: I eat whenever I want, and however much I want to, at any meal. Calories stay below 2500kcal/day. Always. Except on cheat days (which are always Sunday). Then, I average about 4500kcal on the cheat day.

On this plan, I was losing about 1lb of fat every 2-3 weeks. I train 5 days per week, do 30mins of cardio per day. I train like a baby with weights...just go for the pump, so I don't get hurt.

I switched two weeks ago to a OTH principle diet as he laid out. That's it. Training stayed the same. So did cardio.

I now eat as much protein as I want. I keep my fat below 60grams (I tried 40...too hard with all the food I eat). And just veggies (no starches). I put spices, lemon juice, and balsalmic vinegar on veggies like crazy.

I've lost 4lbs of fat in the last two weeks on this diet. As measured by my scale. It's good at measuring changes, so I trust it enough. I weigh myself on it every single day at the same time every morning, so it knows my body and I know what to expect. Frankly, I knew I'd do ok on this, but not this well. I'm impressed.

A bit of clarity for everyone. I eat like an animal. I mean, I have little to no doubt that I can out-eat 99% of the people on this board. I have an unhealthy obsession with food, and love eating til I get totally bloated. Weird, but that's me.

So of course, on OTH's diet, I decided to put the pedal down. I ate protein like it was going out of style. One meal, I ate 5lbs of pork tenderloin and even managed to have a salad too. Then I ate a whole jar of pickles. And this lasted about 2 days...eating like I was just going crazy. I even ate a breakfast of 36 egg whites mixed with about 1lb of veggies. Felt like a bloated champ with a gut that would make Ronnie proud.

Then something happened. I couldn't eat like that anymore. Got bored with chewing protein. The meal content gradually cut back. I stopped getting excited about eating. And the protein content cut down from about 1250g/day to maybe half that. And the fat started falling off.

If I could have continued to eat over 1000g/protein per day, maybe I wouldn't have lost weight. But that's nigh impossible. If I can't do it, I'd like to meet the person here who can. Your body just shuts you down, you stop craving, and you begin eating normally.

The hardest part is not deviating from the food list you're allowed to eat. But if you can suffer through that, the diet will inevitably work. You just can't overeat on lean protein and veggies long enough to get fat. Invariably, you will give up, and that's when the fat comes off.

What surprised me was that even I couldn't physically make myself overeat for long enough to sabotage the diet. It just self-regulates.

I think OTH said this before, but I'll second it: I'd like to see the person who can make themselves fatter eating veggies and lean protein sources. If you can, you're a freak of nature and should be in eating contests...not bodybuilding.  

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2013, 06:54:29 AM »
I find it funny how people argue over diets...I am getting ripped at the moment

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
Well, I put it to use.

Here's my strategy every day of eating usually: I eat whenever I want, and however much I want to, at any meal. Calories stay below 2500kcal/day. Always. Except on cheat days (which are always Sunday). Then, I average about 4500kcal on the cheat day.

On this plan, I was losing about 1lb of fat every 2-3 weeks. I train 5 days per week, do 30mins of cardio per day. I train like a baby with weights...just go for the pump, so I don't get hurt.

I switched two weeks ago to a OTH principle diet as he laid out. That's it. Training stayed the same. So did cardio.

I now eat as much protein as I want. I keep my fat below 60grams (I tried 40...too hard with all the food I eat). And just veggies (no starches). I put spices, lemon juice, and balsalmic vinegar on veggies like crazy.

I've lost 4lbs of fat in the last two weeks on this diet. As measured by my scale. It's good at measuring changes, so I trust it enough. I weigh myself on it every single day at the same time every morning, so it knows my body and I know what to expect. Frankly, I knew I'd do ok on this, but not this well. I'm impressed.

A bit of clarity for everyone. I eat like an animal. I mean, I have little to no doubt that I can out-eat 99% of the people on this board. I have an unhealthy obsession with food, and love eating til I get totally bloated. Weird, but that's me.

So of course, on OTH's diet, I decided to put the pedal down. I ate protein like it was going out of style. One meal, I ate 5lbs of pork tenderloin and even managed to have a salad too. Then I ate a whole jar of pickles. And this lasted about 2 days...eating like I was just going crazy. I even ate a breakfast of 36 egg whites mixed with about 1lb of veggies. Felt like a bloated champ with a gut that would make Ronnie proud.

Then something happened. I couldn't eat like that anymore. Got bored with chewing protein. The meal content gradually cut back. I stopped getting excited about eating. And the protein content cut down from about 1250g/day to maybe half that. And the fat started falling off.

If I could have continued to eat over 1000g/protein per day, maybe I wouldn't have lost weight. But that's nigh impossible. If I can't do it, I'd like to meet the person here who can. Your body just shuts you down, you stop craving, and you begin eating normally.

The hardest part is not deviating from the food list you're allowed to eat. But if you can suffer through that, the diet will inevitably work. You just can't overeat on lean protein and veggies long enough to get fat. Invariably, you will give up, and that's when the fat comes off.

What surprised me was that even I couldn't physically make myself overeat for long enough to sabotage the diet. It just self-regulates.

I think OTH said this before, but I'll second it: I'd like to see the person who can make themselves fatter eating veggies and lean protein sources. If you can, you're a freak of nature and should be in eating contests...not bodybuilding.  

1000-1250g protein per day?! Are u Greg Kovacs?! Can you shit?

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »
1000-1250g protein per day?! Are u Greg Kovacs?! Can you shit?

Lots of green veggies kept things moving. When I say "lots", imagine what "lots" means to you, then double it. Maybe triple it.

I'm not kidding. I can eat you out of house and home.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »

I've lost 4lbs of fat in the last two weeks on this diet. As measured by my scale. It's good at measuring changes, so I trust it enough.

Bodyfat scale I presume

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »

Bodyfat scale I presume

Correct. I recently divested my in-home underwater weigh scale and my BodPod.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2013, 07:56:51 PM »
Well, I put it to use.

:o wow, you are crazy bro  ;D,  excellent read^^^. Spot on^^  8)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2013, 07:57:51 PM »
I find it funny how people argue over diets...I am getting ripped at the moment
I know we hate each other, but pretty good wheels there bro. ;)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2013, 08:01:10 PM »
Well, I put it to use.

I would like to test you on the protein thing.  LOL  I can hit a Brazilian steak house at lunch..then make myself a nice steak for dinner.

Anyway, so did you still do the cheat day on sunday?  Also, only getting in 4500cals on a Sunday?  Come on man...I aim for about 6k+ on mine.   ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2013, 08:16:24 PM »
I would like to test you on the protein thing.  LOL  I can hit a Brazilian steak house at lunch..then make myself a nice steak for dinner.

Anyway, so did you still do the cheat day on sunday?  Also, only getting in 4500cals on a Sunday?  Come on man...I aim for about 6k+ on mine.   ;D
What the,... you can eat like this too Krank,  :D  you guys are crazy.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2013, 11:12:35 PM »
I've been called a ding dong. :D

So what about protein? No fuel from carbs or fat...only protein......can you put on bodyfat then????? :D

Unused high amounts of protein can be burned off as fuel if no other source is available yes. Some dieticians suggest that high amounts of unused protein can be converted by the body and actually stored as fat. I buy the first thing... not sure about the second though.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »
Unused high amounts of protein can be burned off as fuel if no other source is available yes. Some dieticians suggest that high amounts of unused protein can be converted by the body and actually stored as fat. I buy the first thing... not sure about the second though.
X100000000000000.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
why do you think people do cardio in the morning on empty stomache...

Because they are superstitious. There is nothing to be gained from it, according to the scientific studies done.

NN

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »
Because they are superstitious. There is nothing to be gained from it, according to the scientific studies done.

NN
Bro your body burn it's carbs first, this can easily be proven. So the lower the blood sugar level is the faster the body will start burning fat, this is simply common sense and in the morning on an empty stomach your blood sugar level is the lowest. Simple math bro, nothing fancy here, nothing knew just plain old common sense.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2013, 04:56:41 AM »

Yeah, I look forward to my Sundays... http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=437272.msg6289888#msg6289888

ukjeff

« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2013, 06:42:13 AM »
Correct. I recently divested my in-home underwater weigh scale and my BodPod.
LOL.nicely done mate.  ;)

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2013, 07:06:00 AM »

You got it Krank!

If we ever meet up in Niagara Falls, we're going to this fantastic Brazilian steakhouse called Copa Cabana.

I went there a few times. Once, I ate so much meat I swear I thought I might die. I pushed it a little hard that night. Had to sit outside the restaurant on a bench for about 40 minutes just smoking a cigar and trying to relax.

As for cheat days, I don't know why I don't eat more. It's weird. I've given it thought. I think it's less about stuffing myself every weekend, and more about just not having to care if or when I eat. I just give up on being a bodybuilder on Sundays. So when I stop caring, I literally stop eating, or thinking about eating. It's really strange. Like the pressure is off. Now, when Monday/Tuesday hits, I regret not hitting up Taco Bell with $50 in my pocket and going hog wild on Mexi Melts. And I tell myself "yeah, I'm doing that". But then Sunday comes and I never get around to it. Just too damned lazy to go out and get food. I look in the fridge, and all I have in there is protein and veggies and maybe some popcorn or cashews in the cupboard. I might sneak one of the kids' granola bars, then just give up and watch football and have a few beers. Now that's one thing I don't limit on Sundays...I like me a few beers then.

Now, that's not every Sunday. A few weeks back, on a Sunday, I ate 8 butter tarts, half a pumpkin pie and half a fruit cake because it was Christmas vacation and we had that food in the house. I had to sleep it off on the couch for about 45 minutes in a self-induced insulin coma!  ;D Wifey and kids were not happy when they found out dad hogged all the dessert.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2013, 07:06:47 AM »

It's bodybuilding man! All or nothing!